Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy

well, doc's office just called, not good. well the good part is that the ins will pay for the PET scan, i have that done on Dec 31st. then i go talk to the iowa city surgeon on jan 10th. and then go from there. the nurse that called said that the spot, what they called a nodule is like 3/4 of an inch or grape sized,,, sounds big to me, but they still say its not, and the CT report says they think it is cancer, and the same cancer i had, (testicular) and not a new or different kind of cancer.

Brutus

Hang in there Oz-man, sounds like they have this down pat. Good that your insurance will cover the PET scan as my friend Jeff's wife just had one and if ins hadn't covered they said it would have cost like $4K??? I don't understand that price, but that's what he told me. Tom has a great looking layout, doesn't he?

Don, looks like Mrs. Santa-Chief was very good to you!

Buckeye, are you running your outside train in the snow?

ozzy

Hang in there Oz-man, sounds like they have this down pat. Good that your insurance will cover the PET scan as my friend Jeff's wife just had one and if ins hadn't covered they said it would have cost like $4K??? I don't understand that price, but that's what he told me. Tom has a great looking layout, doesn't he?

Don, looks like Mrs. Santa-Chief was very good to you!

Buckeye, are you running your outside train in the snow?

ya they wanted me to have a PET scan in 2004 but the ins said no, so i never got one, and they did not want to pay for this one, took a nurse and the doc most of the day to talk them into paying, lots of calls.

sir james

Ozzy-sorry to read about your bad news. I was rooten for you.
Brutus how's things with you and Chewy tonite?
My laptop does not like this forum, been having trouble downloading this caboose,sometimes ok sometimes not. Then it won't post.
Spent the morning at the mall wife looking for a new coat. Not busy at all and no big sales either.I would not have gone near there yesterday.
Later if I can get in,,,,,,Sir James

Jonadel

Oz--hang in there man, going to Iowa City is the best idea yet, those folks know their art. Keep up posted, I'll come over and pay you a visit if it you want.

Jon

Evening all!

Not a bad day here. Partly cloudy and warming a bit into high 50's. Will continue to warm up a bit until Sun, and then another cold front.

Met up with the family at the mall and we did some gift exchanges and then had a bite at TGIFriday's. I like their new "just right" portions. Lower price and a reasonable size portion.

Did some cleanup of the layout last night, but I still have several days to go to get it done. Over 4 years of dust accumulated since the last time I vacuumed it. I have some ballast to rebond before doing any serious vacumming.

Good to see all are doing reasonably well and that Buckeye is keeping the Chief relatively speechless!

Buckeye - yes I saw the coal link :thumb: Thanks for the mail link!

Ozzy - sorry about the news. Hopefully things will get better soon. We all hope for the best. If you ever get up Spanky's way - go see his layout. Amazing what he did with the space and an 0-27 radius layout! He has lots of good ideas he implemented. Hoepfully I will find a way to make another trip that way in the future!

Don - I do not know the story behind that SP Daylight set you got - so fill me in - it is way cool!

Have a great evening all!

Chief Eagles

Prayers for Ozzy. Fell asleep in the recliner right after Grandson left. He is something. He can start whinning and Grandmom runs to his aid. I just let him whine. Ran trains today. Fun. Don, did the real Legacy arrive today? Dennis called and enjoyed the chat. I see I'm in the doghouse with the Museum now. No free passes in Ohizo. wall1 Later.

PS: Roy, it is semi-scale and I run mainly scale. MTH too. Who wants that mess [for Don, Tom P and Jon]? I really don't have that much in it. Got it for a steal. Was in the way and never ran anymore. Don is in CA so SP would fit him well.

Roy...Do you use one of the micro-sweepers to clean the layout? I thought about trying a swifter duster to clean.

Chief...I see that I forced you to post again at the caboose. :yep:

Brutus

All is well in Arnold - had homemade pizza for dinner that was pretty good. The crust came out of a can, but I didn't pay attention to the maker. Somebody reminded me I really prefer the bisquick crust ;)

About half the time I come on this forum, it locks up my CPU - 100 percent useage - for a loooong time. So, something isn't loading right or is making it wait. Once it starts working, it's fine though.

dwiemer

Evening all. Chief, great to chat today. Always good to talk with friends. Ozzy, one thing about the Pet scans, they have "false positives", that is not to say that they are not good, but I want you to know before hand so that you don't get upset if they tell you that they have a few places to check....it is common and it just gives them some areas to look at. Often, these areas are nothing, but sometimes they do find things and it allows them to go in and get them while they are small and manageable. My wife works for the breast center and with the new digital scans, many women are called back for additional views. Most are nothing, but some it catches cancer at the earliest stages and the women are treated and go on to enjoy life.

Looking forward to the weekend. I have plenty of wiring to catch up on. Switches have wires dropped, now I just need to make the long runs back to power. I also am powering the blocks in the "star method" so if I ever get DCS, I am prepared.

God Bless,
Dennis

Chief Eagles

About half the time I come on this forum, it locks up my CPU - 100 percent useage - for a loooong time. So, something isn't loading right or is making it wait. Once it starts working, it's fine though.

Jim, there are a lot of "clicks" on this site. Much faster than CTT. CTT now locks up, I have to click twice to get it to move, drags and is so slow for me. Does it on my laptop and desktop. I have Road Runner. Well, at the Mayor's Office, I am running through the State Computer Network. Does the same there. One reason I don't post there as much as I use too. Tired of sitting and waiting for the thing to work. Will get 3 bars and then just sit. wall1 I find psoting here is so much faster. Now two years ago, it was a different tune. They did upgrades here and all went well.

jefelectric

John,
Not to get off the trains theme here, but on the dollhouses, where do you buy most of your supplies? Also, what is your source for "Weldbond", "Grandmother Stover's Stikflat Glue" ? My bride and daughter are on me to get this thing done soon.

Thanks,
dennis

Hi Dennis,

I buy Weldbond at any Ace hardware store. Most lumber yards also handle it. Don't think I have ever seen it at a big box store. The Grandmother Stover's Stikflat Glue I buy at AC Moore Craft store. Don't recall if I have ever seen it at Michaels. Don't have a Hobby Lobby in our area so don't know it they have it. If you want I can pick up one of each and send them to you if you can't find them. As far as the other supplies, I either use AC More or one of the two links that I emailed to you. Until Jan 15th Minitures dot com has 25 % off everything.

If you want to get started and can't find weldbond, then I suggest Titebond II as the next best. I also do a lot of woodworking and have used a lot of that glue as well.

Here is a link to the page Minitures dot com that has both glues.

Miniatures.com - Discount Dollhouses and More - -

Hope this helps.

L

laz57

Hi GIZ,
Hope all had a nice CHRISTMAS? I did had my SIS and BIL make a guest apperance on CHRISTMAS EVE. No none knew except my MOM, really pulled a fast one on us. GREAT time was had by all, lots o laughs and eats and beverages. I came back early today cause the last two days there was unfit for flintlock hunting. But great for eating and catching up on things. Maybe tomorrow for hunting?
Ran trains foe 2.5 hours all good NO PILE UPS. WIFE got me a MTH crossing gate I put up really cool but not scale, I love it flashes when the train ackuates it really neat. She also got me some great pewter people.
BUCKEYE, any COAL?
B SAFE.
laz57

Brutus

Yeah, I think it is some advertising or some other code making it wait - like I said, once whatever it is has loaded, this site is great. Also, it doesn't happen every time I come here, just like the first time, which makes me think it's a server somewhere wanting to update advertising or something and slowing them down.

Watching Meet the Robinsons - pretty good and lots of futuristic "toy trains", including one that is apparently 1:1 scale?!

BTW - I posted before that I picked up the Thomas books in a big omnibus hardback edition for like $20. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through and there is actually a lot of operating information in here - these guys were real fans (Rev A and illustrators) on these old books. The only ones I'd read before were little hard-page pre-school books to the kids that weren't very good at all.

L

laz57

Thanks BRUTUS, hope you had a GREAT CHRISTMAS?
Look what I found on the ORG forum about longest threads.....
Mike D
Posteddocument.write(''+ myTimeZone('Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:49:21 GMT-0800', 'December 27, 2007 12:49 PM')+''); December 27, 2007 12:49 PM December 27, 2007 12:49 PMHide PostI don't know about this forum, but on the CTT forum, ChiefEagles has almost as many replies on his 'coffee pot' thread as the Legacy thread here has views! Chief posts here also, maybe he should start the 'coffee' thread here. It's almost New Years.

Be Specific, Ship Union Pacific!

Mike DeSandro

CHIEF, there talking bout YOU.
laz57

L

laz57

CHIEF, nice reply. Could be another pot o coffee comin up? Way to go!
laz57

Roy...Do you use one of the micro-sweepers to clean the layout? I thought about trying a swifter duster to clean.

Chief...I see that I forced you to post again at the caboose. :yep:

Buckeye - I use a small shop vac with a soft brush attachment. I know it sounds violent, but I really bonded everything down with matt medium. As I said above, I have a few areas of ballast that I need to rebond before the vac hits it. I think I will use a diluted white glue mix this time vs the matt medium. If you get the mix on the matt medium off from about 3 parts water to 1 part MM, it can leave a milky film (I have some film on some of the rail sides and it is near impossible to get off wall1).

LAZ - good to have you back! Good to hear you had a nice surprise and good fun for the holiday!

I do not have any of the problems you guys are having with the forum response for either CTT or here. I am using IE7 and WinXP. I am on TW Roadrunner also.

Don and Chief - that is great about the SP set. Don - have fun with it - it will look good on your layout!

It is good to see Dr. John posting regularly over here!

Regards,
Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.