Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Evening all, just returned from wife' families party. We took wife's best friend [just legally separated from hubby who was screwing around]. Telling everyone Mayor has two wives. She is using my parking account to park at PreFlight tomorrow. Without membership, no parking during Christmas holidays. She is telling them she is my wife. :eek::cry: Big joke here.

NS SD40-2. Nice looking unit. Engine sounds are not the same as 4.0 sounds. Can not set stall. Preset just right. Not happy with Lionel's new motors [now close to the frame so no gap underneith]. Gear are loose and sloppy. So much side play, almost will miss the other gears. Axles have so much side play will slide back and forth. Plenty of smoke [will run a MTH out of the room :eek:]. Volume OK but not loud like some engines. Got volume up and volume screw all the way up [now hidden under the fans, pop top off of engine at fans]. Runs good. Archs at each MTH Realtrax 072 switch if in a curve. If you go too slow over them, engine dies. Not good. Think it is due to the large amount of slop in right ot left of wheels.

Glad to see so many posting here now. It is quite here and we wish to keep it that way. :thumb: Sir James, welcome.

Buckeye does a great party for Christmas and the kids especially love it. Good job old buddy.

Later

Chief Eagles

WOW, what sleepy heads. :confused: Getting ready for Early Church and then Sunday School. Time for some coffee and sweet roll with pecans on top. Hope all have a great day. We are suppose to have some rain but how much, who knows. God bless.

was raining when I got up at 6a.m. this morning been sitting here listening to the radio on the computor and making our Christmas cards for fellow employee's at work.

About time to make some breakfast my self. sausage, eggs, biscuits, hashbrown potatoes and NO grits.

Good Morning.............
It is 55 degrees. Going up to 62, today with a little rain this morning.
Had a good time with the company, yesterday. Kids loved their presents. Today is a resting day. Not too much going on.
Buckeye...Great train pictures.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 52 deg and falling to have a white Christmas (Chief eat your heart out).

BTW, Here is a site that has a bunch of the micro-helicopters.

Micro Size Helicopters

Don - these look the same, but a different name (most likely made by the same mfg.). Our local Hobby Town had them (440-946-5588 ) 8). I have to check the box today to get the correct name of the one we bought.

Buckeye - great pics of your party. Looks like all had fun with the trains!

ani-sled.gif

ozzy

micro size helicopters? no need to go online for them and pay shipping, i got the boy and i one at wal-mart a year ago. they fly 10 to 15 min before recharge. they go high, but we can never get them to go forward. just up and down and hover.

well the power went out over 15 times here last night, then it went out for good. got up this AM and its back on , for good i hope, got 4 to 6" of snow last night. i hate it.

well i had a cancer check up last tues, they call me wed and told me that the x-ray showed a spot on my lung, not sure what it is so on monday, x-mas eve i get to go have a cat scan. then wait till wed or thurs to find out the results. heck of a way to spend x-mas tho. the blood tests are fine tho. and i get an x-ray every 4 months and this is the first time it show a spot. hopping the x-ray is a goof up.

kpolak

Morning!
Need to make cookies for Santa today! 3-yo is getting worried...we ate all of the other ones. Can't disappoint the big man.

Windy and 40-degrees...

Chief: 2-wives??...are you sure you don't live in Utah? That'll make the papers.

Buckeye: Nice Pics!

Brutus: Only about 100 left...stop on in!

Sir James: Welcome!

Merry Christmas Eve; Eve!
Kurt

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Rainy and warm out this morning.
Later today at 5 PM on HGTV they are to have Store front Christmas displays in NYC, if you get a chance check it out.
OZZY hope all is well with you? Prayers for you.
Bsafe,
laz57

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
well i had a cancer check up last tues, they call me wed and told me that the x-ray showed a spot on my lung, not sure what it is so on monday, x-mas eve i get to go have a cat scan. then wait till wed or thurs to find out the results. heck of a way to spend x-mas tho. the blood tests are fine tho. and i get an x-ray every 4 months and this is the first time it show a spot. hopping the x-ray is a goof up.

That's "the" reason they do the Cat scan.. Too many Goof=ups in x-rays :) :)

Praying yours is a Goof-up too!!!!! LOL Next time don't put your thumb in front of the lens!!!!!! :D

sir james

GOOD MORNING,it's very windy,lots of rain over nite but it took the snow away.thats fine with me. OZZY-I have a spot that shows on xray(lung) have had c-scans over the years,nothing. so don't spoil your christmas with worry.wait till after, then worry. MERRY CHRISTMAS,,,Sir James

Chief Eagles

Ozzy, praying your spot on your lung is like mine. I have had pneumonia 4 times. Then a spot came up on CT. Went every 6 months for three years. Kept saying blood vessel that had ruptured. Last visit, we know that is what it is, don't come back anymore. :thumb:

Being lazy today after Church and SS. Yawn. Maybe a nap. :confused:

Brutus

Chief, I think you watched too many episodes of Big Love???

Ozzy, I pray it is nothing. God Bless!

Thanks for the headsup Laz - I'm setting that to tape on the dvr.

Sir James - why don't we just mosy on over to Kurt's house around noon-ish, don't tell the wives? That way, there will be more for us!

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 12/23/2007

Wind Chill: 24°F
Humidity: 59%
Dew Point: 20°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 30°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 31mph NW

Today High: 52 Sunny. Much cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds.

P1010002-20.jpg

Brutus

First I'm stopping at RT's to see if he has leftovers for breakfast, all I had was a poptart.

Bought ingredients for dressing to take to my folks tomorrow - sausage, cornbread dressing mix (Pepperidge farms), eggs, chicken stock etc. Told wife to get extras, so Christmas morning I'll make scrambled eggs or omelots with sausage and biscuits! She also bought smokehouse bacon from a local place that is supposed to be good. Can't wait!

Going to friends house for a gift exchange this afternoon. I was going to check out a new church (we're between churches right now), but got voted down as it is Christmas Sunday and people would give us a hard time as once-a-year types or something? Okay, I guess, whatever. So, we'll check it out next week.

dbaker48

Morning everyone! Looks like weekend going pretty good. Had a FANTASTIC DAY yesterday with visit from my Brother and SIL. Tomorrow should be a HEAVY mail day, looking forward to it with greal levels of excitment. Getty a little apprehensive, notice on another forum Legacy seems to be having a couple of problems. Hopefully just learning curve issues. One of my biggest concerns is compatibility with all the other electronics around. Wireless routers, telephones, etc.. Going to go work-on layout today.

Good Luck Ozzy, hope its nothing !!!! Enjoy Christmas !!!!

First I'm stopping at RT's to see if he has leftovers for breakfast, all I had was a poptart.

Bought ingredients for dressing to take to my folks tomorrow - sausage, cornbread dressing mix (Pepperidge farms), eggs, chicken stock etc. Told wife to get extras, so Christmas morning I'll make scrambled eggs or omelots with sausage and biscuits! She also bought smokehouse bacon from a local place that is supposed to be good. Can't wait!

Going to friends house for a gift exchange this afternoon. I was going to check out a new church (we're between churches right now), but got voted down as it is Christmas Sunday and people would give us a hard time as once-a-year types or something? Okay, I guess, whatever. So, we'll check it out next week.

Sorry all gone you were a little late chief beat you to it. And he brought them nasty grits him and wife ate them has to be a NC thing as she's from there.

jefelectric

Good day,

It has been raining here since early morning. Went to early church and then to breakfast. Eggs & Cornbeef Hash. Yum, no grits today.

Ozzy, Prayers that all turns out well.

Don, Why will tomorrow be a heavy mail day? I have noticed that we have gotten very little junk mail the last week, told Jean I think the PO is stacking it up in the back room till after Christmas. Maybe that is where your CTT is now. :mrgreen:

We are heading to Masonic Village this evening to have dinner with Jean's Dad along with her brother and SIL. His mobility has deteriated to the point that we don't trust bringing him home for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.