Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Congrats Chief.

Brutus, don't know about the gators but I know I had my heater going.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 12/4/2007

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 28°F

So Far Today
High: 35°F
Low: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph ENE

Important Message

Freeze warning in effect until 8 AM cst this morning.

Temperatures Are Expected To Bottom Out Around Sunrise And Will Range From The Upper 20s North Of A Line From Alexandria Louisiana To Jasper Texas...To 32 Degrees Along The Interstate 10 Corridor.

A Freeze Warning Means Sub-Freezing Temperatures Are Imminent Or Highly Likely. These Conditions Will Kill Crops And Other Sensitive Vegetation.

Today High: 65 Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 42 Mostly clear. Not as cool. Lows in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds.

P1010004-17.jpg

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning.................
It is a cold, 28 degrees. A little snow dusting last night. Going up to 36 today.
Today, I have a few shopping errands to run. Maybe this afternoon, I can relax. Need to run the trains. Take a nap.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a brisk 31 F as I left the house. High today is supposed to be 38 F. We have the dreaded S-word in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. No one seems to know how much if any we are expected to get. The wind yesterday and last night was pretty strong. Many of outdoor Christmas decoration were blown over and some of the lights blown out of the bushes. One small walkway lighted tree had its base broke when it was blown over.

No modeling last night. We had parent-teacher conferences for my daughter last night. She is doing very well and has handled the adjustment from elementary school to middle school well. I also had to put the door back on our grandfather clock. We lost the key. We went to a local clock repair shop and they gave us about 10 different keys to try. Of course none of them worked and I had to pop the hinges on the door and take the door to the clock shop. They had to replace the lock.

Congratulations Chief!

Mikey, I am trying to fit it in. On the 15th we have to do the kids’ Christmas photos so I hoping to go on Sunday. The best thing is Friday before the show is payday!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Frank53

Nov 14, 2007
www.lionellines.net
Good morning gents.

Frank stands to the right side of the Chief and declares: "Hail to the Chief!"

Frank stands to the left side of the Chief and deeclares: "Hail to the Chief!"

Some random shots as I got to run a few trains around and troubleshoot the track and switches:

The area where the train is sitting will be concealed by a cliffiside:

73383480.jpg

The train will emerge from a tunnel here:

64603883.jpg

Passenger train on the outer loop:

14874200.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Cloudy and COLD. Frank, you have gone from a very nice shelf layout to a massive layout. Great going.
Off to the office [OOOOH, this sounds like work and not retirement. :eek:] Wife home sick with cold. Told her to stay in and not get out in the wind and cold. Train time this afternoon [I hope]. Have a good one.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
'Morning from a cold and grey Chicago where it looks to snow. Hail to the Chief!

I figured out some of the switches by moving pins around and adding another lock-on. Some seem to be dead though. I think I'll move them around later in the week (dare I risk it? :eek:) so that working ones are farthest away from my reach - I began all this anticipating the arrival of Thomas the Tank Engine's nemesis Diesel.

52 years ago today what had been the world's longest trolley line, Chicago's 25-mile #36 (Broadway-State) PCC line, was broken into 2 routes. The State Street portion (outside my office) from the Loop
to 120th and Morgan was converted to bus operation.:neutral:

Dr. John

Dec 23, 2003
Prattville, Alabama
Visit site
Congratulations to Mayor Eagles!

Cold and sunny in central Alababama. A lot of frost on the roof and ground when I left the house this morning. It's "warmed" up to 40 as I type this.

Hope everyone has a good day!

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Congratulations Chief !

Now WHAT Exactly DOES a Mayor Do?

Canvas the community for grand openings? Arrangements with the planning department for ground breakings? Ride around town, waving? Sounds like your job with Bass Pro Shop and Cabellas.

Don't forget to post some pics of your new office.

Still working on the wiring, had to stop and help with Christmas Trees. Hope everyone has a great day!

As we are getting ready for Christmas, the local beach area is busily filling sandbags. (Seal Beach). They are expecting 15' waves within the next day to day and half. Already have built a Sand Berm about 8' high, along the beach. All this to protect the many homes built at the beach front. (Same beach where many people get their first Pacific Ocean experience)

Frank53

Nov 14, 2007
www.lionellines.net
Frank - the track plan looks great! Do you foresee any problems with access to the corners or the upper level?

Thanks Dr John and all.

Regarding foreseeing problems with access, Why yes I do as a matter of fact. :mrgreen:

Life is full of compromises, and I guess layout building is too. Yes, it will be a pain to access some areas, and I am willing to sacrifice in the interest of having teh layout look the way I want it to.

As I told a fellow recently, if you think my wiring stinks - you should see my track plans!

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Nice pics Jeffrey and Frank! Cold in St. Louis, but warmed up a little. Making plans for a Christmas party at work. I wonder if I should take in a small train to put around the tiny tree we have? Don't trust the cleaning crew to leave alone a big O gauge train, but maybe one of these little toy trains I see advertised for like $20?

Heroes is over for another season I guess, I don't think it was as good as the first season, but plenty of action at the end. I think they had to put a lot of plot into the last episodes in order to finish the story due to the writers' strike. Watching Tarzan and the Leopard Women with my kids - pretty cheesy, but fun!

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening everyone,

Chief and Buckeye, Last evening one of the Realtrax switches that I had repaired before, started acting up again. I am going to wait until after the holidays as time is limited right now and it is a major project to take that one out of the layout. It would tie up the main line while out so I will let it in and keep it set for the main, which works OK.

Frank53, Layout is looking good. I have a few areas on my layout that I have to get up on the layout to access. A pain but you do have to make trade offs.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Frank53...Layout looks good. I like the way you have put in the attaching switches between the loops. I built my layout tables to support my weight, just in case I had to climb up onto them. I agree with jefelectric.
( gonna look good in tubular track...:thumb: )
Chuck

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Good night all. Why I built mine with Soundstop instead of foam. I can climb up on mine and not dent it.
Ran trains tonight. NS SD80's and Big Boy. Put Big Boy on storage siding and ran the MTH E6's. They were a little jearky at first. They seem to limber up the more I ran them. Had a long string of die cast hoppers, box cars and others. Finally opened them up to 60 and ran them for a few. I switched from MTH smoke fluid to JT's. Had lots of JT's as used for a long time. Seems the MTH stays in the air too long even with the exhaust fan going. JT's dispates or goes up the exhaust faster. Will stick with JT's. Bed time.

PS: JohnF. Now you knw why I keep extra left and right switches. Pull bad one out, put in spare. Work on bad one later.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning...............
It's a snowy 26 degrees. Still coming down. Up to 30 today with light snow all day.
I'm not going out on the highways today. I will do a few things around the house and run trains later.
I only buy used 022 switches, also. Keep a couple of spares for problems.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/5/2007

Wind Chill: 45°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 40°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 40°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 72 Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 42 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

P1010004-18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.