Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Looks like BUCKEYE made it into CTT. Check out page 12 under the CORRESPONDENCE. The first one about building a realistic bridge. Now who else do we know that is an engineer on bridges that lives in OHIO? Threw me off why he did put down GAHANNA, OHIO instead of ROGERS CORNER, OHIO, along with the elevation of 937 ft, but it does sound like our BUCKEYE? How bout it BUCKEYE? GREAT JOB! Love the ribbing.
laz57

sign1 Laz, I was reading that letter and thinking, this guy sounds just like Buckeye, then I got to the signature and saw that it was. :mrgreen:

CNWman, Sorry to hear that you will have to go through eye surgery again.

Out in SW Colorado, where my daughter and family live, a lot of the farmers are raising sun flowers for the Methanol producers. Supposed to be able to get more Methanol with less water than corn. Hope it works out for them.

Wish everyone a happy and blessed Thanksgiving day.

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Hey guys got an email from another freind in modelrailroaders coffee forum and asked if I hear anything from or about Jeffery Wimble to email him as there guys on the site worried about him as you all know normal if you don't hear from him 2 -4 times a day something wrong and last heard from him was yesterday about 9am and here is what he stated over there
I'm going to call the doc today and see if he can have a look at my foot. I've had an open wound on the bottom of it for several years. I've been keeping it properly cleaned and bandaged as I was instructed to do and it had actually healed up at one time, but opened up again about a month ago. Once again it was the same old thing of keeping it cleaned and bandaged but instead of healing again it has quickly become larger. Suddenly what was firm and red inside the wound has become gray and spongy. This could be the start of an infection or worse, the onset of gangrene. The foot is swollen up some and is getting puffy. I can't tell if there's an active infection going as I've got no feeling in my feet. I can pour rubbing alcohol straight into the wound and feel absolutely nothing. When I stand all I feel is the pressure caused by my weight, nothing more. I'm also running a 99 to 102 fever again. I think I have a serious situation here.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Frank - Is that Leaded or Unleaded?
Don, given that he has all postwar...pre China production, I would say it is unleaded. Given the recent news stories, I would have to say today's items are most certainly leaded.

Anyway, I did get the dog to the vets. He looked better than he had, but still had not eaten and just not his usual self. Feel better leaving him there than home alone. Will pray that he will be alright as he is a very special dog. His name is "Gunny" after a good friend who is a Gunnery Sergeant in the USMC.

Will be heading north of Atlanta to my sister-in-laws dark early, so I had better get to bed. Pray that everyone has a safe, good time with family and friends.
God Bless,
Dennis

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
RT, we were posting about the same time. From what I am reading, he is most likely a diabetic. It may be too late for him, but I suggest he check with some wound care facilities around him. They have a procedure called "Platelet Rich Plasma" in which blood (60cc) is drawn off the patient. Is processed and returned into the wound. It is high in Growth Factors and promotes wound healing. We have seen chronic wounds that have been open for a few years actually heal within a month. I say that this may be too late as if he doesn't have the feeling in his lower legs, the neuropathy is significant and they may get to a point of doing amputations. Not the nicest thing to hear, but many folks go on to enjoy life with little problems for some time. It is progressive though.

I will pray that he is OK and that it is just a matter of them getting his wound taken care of. He may be going for a Fem-Pop bypass which is something they may want to do right away, in which case, you would not hear from him. Routine procedure, so be concerned, but not too worried.
God Bless,
Dennis

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Wow, prayers for Jeffrey too - and for CNW... nice username. I've had a summer of ocular adventures with fixing a 'hole' in a retina; glad you're taking care of it. Hope Gunny is better when you return, Dennis.

Starting to sl-now - combination of rain and snow - nice quite sleet - I pity anyone at O'Hare.

The lowest I remember gas is .59 a gallon. Guess I'm young... :mrgreen:

Hanging around keeping an eye on the boyfriend with the daughter - would rather be in the basement with the trains.

L

laz57

Earliest gas price I remember was .25 a gal. down at GEORGIE MARTINs GULF STATION about 1963-64.
laz57

Floyd

Sep 20, 2007
Southeastern Colorado
Hello from Southeastern Colorado:thumb: This is my first post on this part of the forum. I have enjoyed reading the posts from everyone. As a way of introduction, I have not been on this forum all that long and am retired from the Department of Veterans Affairs after 39 years of working for the government. My most recent hobby is HO Trains (thanks to my eight year old grandson). I also enjoy gardening, of all types. I became interested in cactus gardening and have built several beds for cacti and succulents. I also raise Racing Homer Pigeons and enjoy woodworking as well. Nuff said for now. Wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.announce1

tmcc man

Nov 19, 2007
Prayers out for Jeff and cnwman.
Well, it was a good day here. Not much happened, but I did enjoy the time I spent with my friends.

Have a good night everyone, and have a happy Thanksgiving.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Prayers for Jeffrey, too! I hope he is getting the very best care and is back home and well again soon!

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
That gas price for the mid-sixties sounds about right. I remeber a Gulf station just a couple of blocks from our house in Madison WI. Aahhhhh...the good ol' days...

Hope for the best for CNWman and Jeff.

You all have yourselves a thankful and safe Thanksgiving. We all have a lot to be thankful for.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
CNWMAN, prayers for you and recovery. Jeffrey always posts a great picture. He is a fireman. Maybe he took of for Thanksgiving. Hope we hear from him soon and he is OK. Dennis, safe trip and same to all who will be traveling.

Been reclinerizing. Got under layout cleaned and wires up. Moved a lot fo the tubs but do not know if I can handle all of them. She has added some. :curse: Will work on it tomorrow morning before going to In-laws and for big meal. Later.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Floyd: Welcome! Great bunch here, and very supportive, as you can see! Very interesting hobbies! How did you get into Racing Homer Pigeons?

Snow comming down! Dog didn't feel like going out last night with all the rain, so she woke me up at 5:00 to go out! Ran out, and locked up the breaks on the deck..."SNOW! What the??? I'm staying in..." Only to ask to go out again a few minutes later.

Dinner with Friends, and off to other Friends for dessert! All our Family is out of State, and our youngest does not travel well.

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving everyone!

Kurt

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning............
Happy Thanksgiving to All....
It is a cold, windy, 52 degrees. Started out at 61 and has been dropping. Going down to 43 today. Maybe some rain or snow.
Today we are staying home and enjoying the peace and warmth of the house. Dinner for two.
Maybe some train time later.
One of the things that I am thankful for today, are all of my friends on this Forum. You are great.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
thanksg1.gif

turkey2.gif
From NE Ohio

Where the temp is 45 deg and falling with snow on the way! :winter1:

John Baker - there is a thread on the 'G/O/S' forum that needs your help.

Today is a day to relax and spend with family. aussie

Tomorrow the Museum is host a Special Day for Special Kids who are wheel chair bound. This should be a fun day for all! :mrgreen:

All be safe on the roads today !

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.