Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Dr. John, sounds like my Dad. Glad she recognized you.

Laz, had a expansive route, so biked it just like the paper boys in the movies - one bag cross-wise across shoulders, balanced just so. Pulled rolled newspaper with right hand and tossed it expertly onto the porch or driveway. Then they got those drat plastic newpaper holders on the mailbox and I had to stop at each one... ;)

dbaker48

Good Afternoon - Slow day (week) at work, get office cleaned and a lot of little things done. Sure would like to be home working on layout. But just thinking of all there is to be thankful for!!!! (Family, Friends, Country, etc.. Then thought a little about trains, AND

Thought I would throw up some pics from last week. Chris (son),and I took our Steam Stable down to the club layout for a photo shoot. announce1

L/R - MTH NYC 0-4-0 Switcher, K-Line Shay, MTH Mikado, MTH NW J, MTH RK Big Boy, Lionel Cab Fwd, Lionel Big Boy
These guys only go down when no else is there, to many catastrophes happen when a lot of others around. Typically we run the Cotton Belts. (K-Line)

Last pic of the new BB before it went back for a internal wiring problem.

Did have some good news this morning. Had a speaker go out last week. Found it! Even though the engine is underwarranty, cost of shipping more than the speaker. That Service Center in Co. had it and will ship today. So the 6399 will once again sing.

Hope I havn't bored anyone with all the pics. Need to go do something constructive, in the office.

cnw1995

Hey, look at that... I'm a 'member' too - geez, in just 3 days - I'm too verbose - Don, those photos are great. I 'specially like the full-roster shot.

Chief Eagles

Dennis, I'm so sorry to hear of the death of that camera man. I'll be praying for his wife and family. Also remembering your Mom today.

Spent a couple of hours with my Mom today so Dad could go to the dentist. Her Alzheimers is getting progressively worse and she is in a definite decline - sleeps about 16 to 18 hours per day, then just sits in wheelchair without saying much. I'm thankful she recognized me today.

Dennis, same here. Dr. John, our Mayor [retiring tonight] is getting that way. Saw her at Town Hall at noon. She said she had been in bed for two weeks and could not tell me anything that happend during that time. She said she felt fine now. Asked her a simple question and she thought and thought and could not answer. Sad. Yet she is driving. :eek:

Later.

L

laz57

DOUG,
I use to fold them up and give it a final crease and let them fly. If the paper was folded right they always stayed together. Spent about 15 minutes folding the one bag o papers then when not on bike folded the remaining bag when walking. Fingers were always black from the ink. Boy that brought back memories.
laz57

L

laz57

YEPPER, got alot of katchen up to do to get to 8600. OUCH!
DON.B is that a LIONEL LIONMASTER Cab Forward?
laz57

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
YEPPER, got alot of katchen up to do to get to 8600. OUCH!
DON.B is that a LIONEL LIONMASTER Cab Forward?
laz57

sign1sign1 thought I'd toss that number in here :) :) My 7 year anniversary here in this popcorn stand is next month :) :)

Us long timers are really glad you guys all followed Chief over here - Lots of new ideas floating around -- and that makes for some great times...
.........The Grits just add to the fun!!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave:

dwiemer

Wow! N Gauger! "Train Addict". That could be a goal for me over the next few years.

Spoke with Mom today, she is getting released from the hospital, which is great. She will have the surgery done electively in January. For those who know of folks with an aortic aneurysm, you typically will not operate until it reaches 5cm. Hers is 4.7. Close enough, but she wanted to enjoy the holidays. Just need to be careful over the next few months. Thanks for all the prayers, I will post when she is going for the surgery.

Worked on layout a little tonight. Was going to wire switches, then had a change of track plan (minor). I brought the two mains a little closer to allow for some scenery trackside. Anyway, will jump on wiring tomorrow.
Dennis

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Wow! N Gauger! "Train Addict". That could be a goal for me over the next few years.

Spoke with Mom today, she is getting released from the hospital, which is great. She will have the surgery done electively in January. For those who know of folks with an aortic aneurysm, you typically will not operate until it reaches 5cm. Hers is 4.7. Close enough, but she wanted to enjoy the holidays. Just need to be careful over the next few months. Thanks for all the prayers, I will post when she is going for the surgery.

Worked on layout a little tonight. Was going to wire switches, then had a change of track plan (minor). I brought the two mains a little closer to allow for some scenery trackside. Anyway, will jump on wiring tomorrow.
Dennis

GREAT NEWS - Anytime you get "out" is good... "Elective" is the best kind of surgery - do it on your own terms :) :)

Tell her to enjoy herself but don't over do it :) :)

"Train Addict " is a custom title.. I'm not sure how many posts you have to have to be able to change it -- but look in your User CP (link at top left in that nav bar) and you might be able to change your's too... :D :D

jefelectric

Speaking of grits, that is what I had for breakfast this morning. (Chief insists we eat them if we want to post on the pot.) :mrgreen:

Tom, Well I guess you saved a little on sales tax. :yep:But then spent the savings on gas. :cry:

Dennis, Glad to hear your Mom is doing good.

RT, Sounds like you are good to go also, great.

Chief, I thought for a minute that you were retiring allready.:confused:

Doug M., They still have paper boys (& girls) in the built up areas of E-town. Not out here in the country, we have adults driving this area. Also still have afternoon paper in Lancaster, only one I know of in the area.

Colin, Glad you could join us. How is that knee doing?

Jonadel

Had fun w/trains today getting ready for company tomorrow. The turkey is about to take the big dunk in the brine for 24 hours in anticipation for Thursday morning.

Everyone will be here Thursday, sure thankful for family. AND this relaxed forum.

Jon:thumb:

L

laz57

sign1sign1 thought I'd toss that number in here :) :) My 7 year anniversary here in this popcorn stand is next month :) :)

Us long timers are really glad you guys all followed Chief over here - Lots of new ideas floating around -- and that makes for some great times...

.........The Grits just add to the fun!!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave:
MIKEY a BIG CONGA on the 7 year itch:eek::mrgreen::twisted:, glad to be here.
laz57

L

laz57

JELECTRIC, just got my flier from BARRY bout the big sale there. Some nice prices on stuff but nothing of interest to me. Check it out if you get a chance, friday, sat, and sunday.
laz57

Status
Not open for further replies.