pb1.jpg

gp38.jpg

sd9.jpg

mkt1.jpg

ac4400-1-1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Go Jeffrey go. Afternoon. Spent all morning doing reports and emailing them. Takes time to scan documents [receipts], do expense sheet and event report with pictures [to download]. This time it was X 2. Now watering as none done while I was gone. Did get .25 inches of rain so that helped save things. 100+ yesterday and already 100+ now. No work on layout today. [:(] Maybe late this afternoon. Got to go to Lowes and get gift certificate for Oldest. Her birthday is tomorrow. Doing lunch with her and Frankie. Need to go to DR. and get her to cut out bad place on left hand [just like the one I had to have removed on right hand] as it has come back and growing fast. Need to check the pond and stay awhile and shoot beavers. Later.

cedarcreekrr

Jul 17, 2006
Garrett, IN
Chief I would gladly give you some of the 6" of rain I got yesterday. My basement fix seemed to work well as there was no water. The rain yesterday was about as good of test as I'm going to get.:mrgreen:

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Water, water every where but none in the water lines. At one time our local fire company held the honor of never having a structure fire loss. Well that went up in smoke tonight. We have been blessed with more rain fall than I can remember of the past four weeks. Including todays rain we have had 4 inches since Sunday. Unfortunately we had a lightning strike on a new personal care home today.

The fire company was on time and had hooked up to a hydrant to start throwing water on what was smoke coming out of the roof. When they hooked up to a second hydrant to supply the sprinkler system all heck broke out. The hydrants went dry and the rest as they say is history.

The good news of the day is that the 200 residents were all safely evacuated to local churches and fire stations.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Water, water every where but none in the water lines.The fire company was on time and had hooked up to a hydrant to start throwing water on what was smoke coming out of the roof. When they hooked up to a second hydrant to supply the sprinkler system all heck broke out. The hydrants went dry and the rest as they say is history.
How well I know that tune. I've been a firefighter more than ten years and can remember more than one time when lack of water was a major problem.

I was taking some pics today and got one that I really like.

kcs1-1.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Water, water, nowhere to be found. We're in the middle of our "monsoon" season, but it's been dry for a while now. They do say that we might see some this weekend as the tail end of hurricane Dean makes its way across Mexico.

It's sad to hear about the loss of a building because of the lack of water though. Is it not customary to check hydrants periodically to avoid this very thing from happening?

Oh, on the subject of weather, if it reaches 110 today, we will tie a record of 28 days of 110 or more for a summer. They forecast 11 for today and 110 for tomorrow and Friday, so it looks like we're going to break the record.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Guess what the weather is doing. That’s right; it is raining. According to the weather mis-forecasters the rain should stop some time Thursday and by the weekend we will be hot and humid. It was 58 F on the way to work this morning and we expect a high of 72 F. It does not feel like late August. I had to wear a jacket to my son’s football practice last night. Due to the field conditions they practiced in the parking lot. They only practiced for about an hour since only 15 out 30 kids showed up. The coaches told them that they will be practicing on the field tonight no matter what and they should plan on getting muddy. They have games this weekend and need to get ready. My son will be playing in two games this weekend.

I finished sealing the tank cars last night. I also continued working on the derailment problem with the Walthers heavyweight passenger cars. I think I got the coaches fixed but I am still having problems with the diner and sleepers. They changed the design of the bolsters on the diner and sleepers. Also they used a different truck on those cars. I traded trucks with the coaches and was still having problems. I am now thinking that the problem is with the bolsters.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/22/2007

Heat Index: 91°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 76°F

So Far Today
High: 83°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ESE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

kcs2-1.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/23/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Gust: 5mph SSE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

ac4400-1-1.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It looks like the rain maybe finally out of here. It rained some last night after football practice but has been dry since. High today is expected to be 78 F. It was 63 F when I left the house this morning.

I fiddled some more with the Walthers heavyweight diner. I removed the center wheel set from the truck and the derailing on the curves stopped. Apparently the flange on the center wheels are not allowing the truck to move enough and causing the truck to pinch and derail on curves. Now I need to find flange-less wheels. I got the idea from looking at some of my steam locomotives’ driver wheels. I realized that some of them do not have flanges and because of that they can negotiate the curves.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening everyone,

Renovo, Sad story, glad to hear everyone is OK.

Got my MTH club car yesterday.

47b7d603b3127cceb98f3a398dc900000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

Also I just came across this picture that I took last year. Neat little crane on the Amtrak siding.

47b7d600b3127cceb997de6fa43700000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7d600b3127cceb997d988e44b00000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

BTW, It has been raining here most of the week with no end in sight. Makes for a wet Fair week.

Take care all,

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hey everyone:wave:
School started yesterday, and that's why I havent been able to post. You would not beleive how heavy my pack is from all the books I have to carry. Lucky I get some fun classes like CAD classes. Say, anyone need heat? It has been SO hot that records are being broken!:eek: Plus half the schools in my district are cutting some classes for tomorow because of the heat and that the AC systems aren't working (my school is fully functional, however:twisted::p) However, my sister gets to miss school because of that because she stays in modular rooms most of the time. On the plus side, I mentioned Model Railroading as a hobby of mine in Honors English (I'm in all honors:mrgreen:), and my English teacher was very interested in that, so that was cool.

For my current projects, Prarie Star Milling Co. has been weathered to perfection on the roofs, but the walls need to be aged. My other project, however, Riverside #1116, has been custom painted and is looking spiffy. Now it needs wording and numbers:p Anyone know a good place to order decal sheets for engines? I'll post pics later.

Cheers,
CNWman

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
WOW, I'm late posting. Busy day. Went to Kerr Lake to help buddy with his dock. Jeffrey, Tuesday afternoon, we had three houses burn. In same subdivision that the two burned two month ago. Wierd!!!! Already out the roof on one and other going before FD got the call. Grandson [4 months] coming tomorrow for a visit. Later

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

The heat and humidity is creeping back in. After being off for the last six days we had to turn the A/C units on at home last night. Today the high is supposed to be 89 F and we are under an Excessive Heat Watch. Tomorrow the temperature is expected to reach 97 F. It was a sticky 68 F when I rolled out of the driveway this morning.

No modeling last night. I did run a train for a few minutes. I reassembled the trucks for the Diner and put it away for now. I need to find a source of flange-less wheels or figure out how to grind/file the flanges down. I have about 8 wheels to do right now. Since I do not have any tools that will make the job easier the project will be on the back burner for now.

We have the usual bi-weekly grocery shopping this weekend. It is the beginning of youth football season as my son has two preseason games this weekend. His team the Drexel Hill Raiders Midget JV plays the Haverford Fords on Saturday and Sunday.

On the modeling front I am between projects since finishing the tank cars. I could work on the layout and the farm house area by adding scenery elements. I need to pick my next project so I guess I will organize the pile on the workbench some.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/24/2007

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 73°F

So far today:
High: 78°F
Low: 74°F
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.