010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Hey I can't figure out that cool structure behind the white engine. Is that one of those new NASA Space Shuttles?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Wow I knew I was pressed for time but working on the layout until 1:40am has to be a record. I put in a MTH 2 light signal post with the infra red devices. The best thing is that it even works. :mrgreen: I even got my Lionel round signal light to work tonight. :thumb:

I hate being pressed for time now since I have to plow up potatoes tomorrow and the planned starting time is 8:00am. wall1wall1

Ok it is very dark outside with no rain and as far as I can tell it is still dark at night. :thumb:

Chief Eagles

Morning. Looks good Jeffrey. Renovo PPR, good luck on the potatoes. Hope you get lots of bushels. Getting ready to go to the store. Going to meet some CTT buddies for lunch. Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Good Morning.

I was taking some pics on the layout and I came up with this shot.

033.jpg

So far, this little camera is really surprising me. I bought it on a whim, thinking that for $10 it was probably junk. Looks like I was wrong.

BTW, todays weather is:

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
eggsandham.jpg

jefelectric

Good morning,

Jeffrey, Nice pictures for a $10 camera! :mrgreen:

Chief, Be sure to take some pictures at lunch. :thumb:

Quiet Saturday here.

Take care,

Chief Eagles

Morning. Great photos. Packing to fly out this PM. Got metings Monday but then hope to finish getting Soundstop down and track wiring done this week. Miss running trains. Have a great week.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's weather for Sundown, Louisiana.

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...increasing to scattered in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 20 percent.

074-fa1R.jpg

Chief Eagles

Great photos Jeffrey. Killing time in Montgomery AL [tiny airport] airport. Flight is due anytime [its early!!!]. Going to Charlotte and then RDU. Later.

jeffrey-wimberl

As for things that make a statement.

A house with reflective windows?

15.jpg

Some taggers had a little fun with one of my boxcars.

17.jpg

And they had a LOT of fun with my new covered hopper!

16.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

Rain and more rain is the forecast for the next couple of days. I thought I was going to mow the lawn yesterday but it has been raining steadily since noon yesterday. I guess my son will have a few muddy football practices this week. High temperatures are supposed to be in seventies most of the week. Right now it is 61 F with a high of only 69 F expected.

We went bike riding with our Cub scout pack on Saturday. We rode the Radnor Trail which is built over the old right-of-way of the Philadelphia & Western Strafford Line. The line began life as a railroad but was converted to a third rail interurban. It was abandoned in the late fifties. It was interesting to see some of the remains of the old station platforms and such along the trail. Sunday we did some more Back to School Shopping.

I even had a good modeling weekend. I finished weathering the seven tanks cars that have been on my workbench for months. I still have to seal them with Dullcoat. I repaired the coupler box on friend’s caboose. I even got a chance to run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good Morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/20/2007

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Here we have some folks wating for a train.
a05.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Good to be home. Got County Comm meeting this afternoon. Take wife out for her B'day tonight. Hot and dry. Jeffrey, love those pictures you psot each day. All have a great week.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/21/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

016.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

Rain and more rain is what we have today and possibly tomorrow and perhaps Thursday. Apparently we are now getting some of the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin. We could get over three inches of rain today. The temperatures are down also. It is 60 F and we expect a high of 69 F. we are also under a flash flood watch through the evening tonight.

My son’s football practice was canceled last night. Not due to the fact it was raining but due to the condition of the field and the fact that they did not want to tear it up before the season begins. Unfortunately our field drains poorly and two days of rain can mean the field is a mess. However, since this weekend is their Raider Bowl games even if it keeps raining they will have to have practices.

I began working on a derailment problem I have been having with my Walthers heavyweight passenger cars. Granted some of the problem comes from the fact that some of my curve radii are smaller than the recommend radius of the cars. Since I am more interested in having the cars operate I am willing to lose some of their prototype feel. Following a couple of recommendations I changed out the couplers on two coaches and a sleeper to Kadee #26 couplers. This seemed to resolve the problem with the coaches. However on the sleeper it did not. Upon close inspection I found that the movement of the truck is being impeded by some of the undercarriage details. So it means that I may have to remove some of them. I sometimes have trouble understanding why so much detail is placed under a car. I know it is prototypical correct but unless I modeling a wreck with the car overturned one will never see the details.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.