Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Good afternoon all,

Friend and I put up track lighting in the Church Library this morning. Older folk, older than I which makes them really old, were complaining that they could not read the book titles.

Working on 50th Class reunion year book which will have the graduation picture and a current picture + a small bio of the last 50 years. Try condensing 50 years into a paragraph sometime. We got 82 responses out of 103, not bad when you consider most of the others are deceased.

Take care and stay out of the heat if you can,

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi All

Last few days been quiet cold over here- at night we've gone to -2*C!

Wanted to start on my coffee table layout, but as stated earlier was sick and had to stay home, took off from work today, because still not well, but will go back tomorrow.

This weekend going to buy some smart clothes for next weeks interview- fiance said she will buy, I think she's more nervous than I am.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
....The Morning Sun Is Shining Like A Red Rubber Ball........by Cyrkle

There's a Big Blue Line (Cold Front) heading right toward us!! Storms Storms STORMS!!!! today and tonight ---- then back to the "Cooler" 80's tomorrow and through the weekend :D :D :D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

As Mikey said the weather guessers promise that our 90 plus temperatures and oppressive humidity will break today. Of course the cure maybe as bad as the disease as we are expecting some ugly thunderstorms as a cold front moves through. Right now it is a sticky 76 F with a high of 89 F.

I changed out the couplers on the Athearn tank cars to Kadees and also removed the wheels so I can weather them. I also removed the wheels from the Atlas ACF 23,500 Gallon Tank Cars. That was no fun since the cars have a lot of delicate parts on them.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today High: 95 Sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Chief Eagles

Morning gang. Got rain yesterday PM. .25 inches. More than we have had in a month. Maybe more this PM. Got to go get kid to finish the painting job he is doing for me. Will give him money for Church Youth trip to DC next week. Hope all have a great day. Nice to see so many posting to the "Pot".

ezdays

Out AZ way
Where's the rain? Sometimes these weather people totally confuse me. I hear a weather report that says that it rained, but it was so hot that the rain evaporated before it hit the ground. The even have a name for that, it's called, "verga". Now yesterday, we had cloud cover and it didn't get too much over 100, and the same guy says that the reason it didn't rain is that it wasn't hot enough out. I guess based on that, it will never rain, too hot, too cool, there must be a magic temperature that will allow it to rain in the desert, 'cause it does happen.:eek: :eek:

I know the whole country is baking in high temperatures. We are at a distinct advantage here in the desert, we are use to it and we know how to cope with temperatures well above 100. Good luck to the folks that aren't...:wave: :wave:

Chief Eagles

Got .4 inches of rain this afternoon/night. Might get more tomorrow and so on per weather person. We were spared the bad storms [but they got more rain]. Got to see the Black Dahlia on cable [was on last night but sound was screwed up]. Good night all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/12/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light mainly south winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

scambledeggs.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Hope all are well. Got meetings all afternooon. Hope to "play with" a few trains this AM. Got things to check outside as rained. Sure things are refreshed. Can water with hoses and still not as good as real rain. Have a great day and God bless.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

A much nicer day than we had yesterday. Temperatures are milder and the humidity is less. Currently it is 72 F with a high of 85 F. Last night’ commute home was pure hell! My normal commute takes 40 to 50 minutes. I left work last night at 3:30 PM in some rain. About 10 minutes out the rain turned into a deluge. It was so bad I had to pull over. Then the water started rising around me and literally had to move to higher ground. There was flooding every where. Roads were closed, traffic was a mess. The police were pulling people out of cars was that were swamped by incredibly fast rising water. I had to bushwhack. I walked in the front door with the sun now shinning at 6:30 PM! A three hour commute! Even in Hurricane Floyd I did not see anything like last night.

I cleaned off the layout some and came up with a scenery shopping listing for the LHS.

I am home today from work. I have to take my son to the doctor’s for a regular check-up. My wife was going to do it but she got called into work. Since she just started and has no time and I have days and days of time, I get to do it. (Which means him and I can hit the LHS on the way home!)

jefelectric

Evening,

Missed a day or two. Lots going on and not much time for train related things. Did get a little rain last evening, about .3 inches.

Take care,

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We are looking at a pretty good weather day here in the Delaware Valley. The temperatures and humidity will be comfortable. Currently it is 73 F with a high of 85 F. The weather for the weekend is supposed to be similar. The Hot and Humids will return early next week.

I started back working on the layout. I began coloring a retaining wall on town side of Drexel Ridge. I first had to carve the mortar lines and then color it. I still have some fine tuning to do to it. I also began coloring the road in front of the farmhouse. My son and I stopped at the LHS and I restocked most of my scenery supplies.

Not sure what is up for this weekend. We have a barbecue to go to at my wife’s work tonight. We also have to do the bi-weekly grocery shopping torture session.

On the layout I would like to finish coloring the retaining wall and the roads and begin the ground cover. On the work bench I seven tank cars to weather starting with the wheels.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Got to get moving. Hope to finally get to some train related things today. Had too many meetings and etc. Got to go to Lowe's and get order for sound board to slide under track on top of layout board. Then go pick it up. Partly cloudy. Rain? Hopefully this afternoon. Have a great day and TGIF for those who are not retired.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
I'm going to Cumberland, MD. today then it is back home for two basketball games. I hat when they do make up games back to back. I think that is too much for a 11 year old.

It is a great cool day and sunny at the same time.

jefelectric

It was a great day here also, it looks like it may end with a little rain, but that is not a bad thing. We could still use some more. The grandsons are starting to got into training the steers to walk better. They usually neglect it until show time nears. The youngest has one he calls junior, he is so laid back it is comic. He did get a little excited when the goats in the next field started to run along side of him.

Take care,

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/14/2007

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds around 10 mph in the morning becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
steak-eggs-1.jpg

jefelectric

Well Jeffrey, looks like we are the only two posting so far today. Spent the morning up to about 1:30 working in the garden, lawn & pond. Just showered and trying to cool off a little. We didn't get the rain I thought we were going to get last evening so had to water the veggie garden. Will soon have green beans. Might even get a chance to run soom trains today. Need to do four more pages on my 50th reunion project to be half way, so I am going to get on that first.

Take care,

jeffrey-wimberl

All your rain is down here falling on my roof. I tried sending it your way but it won't listen to me. I'm getting ready to go back to work on my layout soon. I have some new structures place and wire and there's a park waiting to be built.

Status
Not open for further replies.