here's a snack or desert, whatever you want to call it :D :D

donuts2.jpg

Have a good one!!!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Well, Guess what?!?!?! We got missed by most of the bad storms!:thumb: :thumb: Who would have thought the weatherbabe would be wrong? :rolleyes:

We got rain,. and winds, but we've had thunderstorms that came through here that caused more damage. There are almost 100,000 people without electricity and my cable is acting up :( but the internet is still ok. tooth1 tooth1

So, It looks like it might be a good holiday weekend after all goldtoth1 And I even remembered the do-nuts :D

donutsmmm450.jpg

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Penman absolutely not. You must have dial up. It would be hard to notice that way.

I found a way to get more speed. It is called a donation. The sooner the 3K is raised the faster everyone will enjoy this great forum.

My check is in the mail this weekend.

Gil Finn

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
No Gill, I'm old fashion but not that old fashion have a cable, and its pretty dam good.
All in all Its a great day here in TN nice cool out. Falls a coming, time to dedicate time to the trains....No yard work for 6 months..HAHA
Need an opion, was going to take my grandson to ride the thomas the train tomorrow, anyone ever seen it is it worth spending the money on it?

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Good Morning all, another great day in TN. See the donuts are fresh..Off to take my grandson to see thomas the train in Nashville. Yall have a great day
Tony

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I have set all day in the floor with a large loop of test track, testing and cataloging all the engines and cars I have built and bought this year.

I am stiff as a board.

I did enjoy a package of Gems and a glass of milk when through boxing and storing all of it.

13 boexs full.

How I managed to get away with thast and not honey do progects is a mystry but it was fun.

I have plenty that needs reapir for colder weather.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Happy Labor Day.... If you're on vacation, Enjoy it... If you're working, you're probably in retail :( :(

Labor Day: How it Came About; What it Means

"Labor Day differs in every essential way from the other holidays of the year in any country," said Samuel Gompers, founder and longtime president of the American Federation of Labor. "All other holidays are in a more or less degree connected with conflicts and battles of man's prowess over man, of strife and discord for greed and power, of glories achieved by one nation over another. Labor Day...is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race, or nation."

Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

Read more here http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm

donutsmmm450.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Foggy good morning. Looks like fall is here with the fog. "N", thanks for the info and donuts. Got to mow when it dries out as grass is growing from all the rain. Then hope to sow turnips. Pack for 6 days as flying to NH tomorrow AM early, from there, fly to Boise ID. on Wed evening. Cabela's opening a new store. The reception and meal is in the Bosie Depot. Should be interesting. Have a great holiday and week.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
labor day

Good morning all, Great day here in Tn, Going to catch up on some of that honey do list today.
Mike nice piece on Labor Day.
Yall have fun now,
Tony

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Coffees a brewing

Hey guys well since I'm the first here this morning, climb up in the cabin coffees hot and eggs are a cooking..
Well all and all it was a good weekend,banged out a whole bunch of the honey doos, and even got to go look at some trains. the sunrise is great and looks like its going to be a good week.
Tony:)

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Howdy my fellow toy train enthusiasts.

It is wet here.

Got the car fixed at long last, tires.4. brakes 2, belts water pump and an oil change. OUCH!

No coffee and donut money, they will miss me at at the Cafe de Casa Del Donuto.

But my ride is restored to good 14 mpg, 120 mph health.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
morning I think

Hey guys, its a great day here in TN, just havein some coffee and enjoying the morning.
Sitting out here on my back deck just waiting to see my first sign of that elusive,rare fall contractor to migrate over to my house and start building that nest..
sign1 TONY
Have a great day yall

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
bought a half gallon of buttermilk recently.

No one here drinks it but me so a half of a gallon seems a lot but I made short work of it.

I like it cold and will sometimes put a glass in the freezer and enjoy it just before it freezes.

Growing up, we often had it at dinner time with green onions, brown beans and corn bread and cucumbers and onions in vinegar. In winter mom would add sausage to that.

Looking back now I realize other people ate steak or chicken and coal miners and farmers ate what we did, poor folks food it is.

My dad grew up on that as did my mom. Everyone in West Virginia did I think.

We weren't poor when I was young, indeed far from it but we ate cornbread and beans none the less. All the cukes and tomatoes we ate , we grew. We could have bought those just as easily but folks didn't do that way back then.

About 2 AM last night I got up and poured a cold glass of the thick and slightly sour stuff and set a long while in the dark kitchen partially lit by the street light on the corner. As I nursed that glass of butter milk I though about the recent passing of my mom and when I was a kid, and when I was a soldier and a dozen other things. I thought about my brother, a paramedic and a fire fighter of some 30 years + service. I think of him at night now a good deal since 9/11. I worry about him on night shifts.

I thought of my grandmothers little house that was heated by a big coal stove and the little barn across the road from it. She always had a cow with a calf.

She made great butter milk.

Thomas Wolfe said you cant go home again and I guess you cant but there will always be butter milk and memories and dark kitchens.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Thomas Wolfe said you cant go home again and I guess you cant but there will always be butter milk and memories and dark kitchens.
Aye!, and there's no perfumery as can capture the smell of a new spring morning, fresh after an early morning rain, nor anything as peaceful as deep winter's night, and a fire in the fireplace, the only light in the room.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
The Farm

I can symapathize with that Gil, Grew up on a dairy farm and I remeber many a cold tight winter. My Grandma and Mom always said we where not poor, just blessed as long as we had each other. I have to admitt I miss some of those days family with heavy blankets in the winter, everything home made and the whole family was always together. And no matter how tight things where nobody complianed except for Grandpa. Hell we had a black and white TV till almost the 80s..
I do believe though that is half the problem with todays kids and society is we have all forgotten our families and the values they have tought us.
Thanks for makeing me remeber some of the better times,
Tony
BTW think I might go and find me a quart of butter milk been a long time

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening all. Recouped from trip to Boise ID. Was real smokey from fires when I first arrived. Cleared a lot when I left. Real adventure getting out of Houston TX on Continental. Lady would not allow her cats to ride in cargo area. Cage would not fit under the seat in front of her. Held us up for over an hour. Gooood night.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Rude awakening

:rolleyes: Hey guys,
was wonering what happened to everyone. Glad to see your back and had a good trip.
We need to fire the coffee and donuts guy...I could sure use a cup this morning.
I was rudly awoke this morning @ 6:15 by a limber truck in my drive. Which could be a good thing means them contractors should be following soon.
Yall have fun now
TONY

Status
Not open for further replies.