Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Well I did that yesterday afternoon and then did a complete shutdown and restart. There must be a hidden cookie in there somewhere that the automatic delete missed. I guess I will go searching for it.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Just noticed that it will not work on my wifes laptop either. That would seem to mean that it had to be something shared by the two computers. Hmmm.... the router and the modem. I unplugged both of them and then plugged 'em back in, they reset and hoooawww back in business. Electronics these days. Little hiccup I guess. I dunno but it works now.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning...........
It's gonna be anoher beautiful day today. I have to cut grass. Then, sit in the shade and enjoy the view. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Chuck

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning from Central PA.

Weather yesterday was the coolest in a while, not cool but cooler. Spent the morning doing yard work with the grandson. Most of the afternoon in the woodshop with him and finished one of our projects. Placed my stockyard on the layout, need to do some blending into the scene & populate with some cattle. Bought some Life-Like O gauge cattle, but I don't like the color they come in. Sort of a light brown and white. Don't resemble any beef cattle I have ever seen. Thinking of painting them to resemble Hereford and Angus. I'm not much of an artist but may give it a try.

Here is one for you computer guys. I recently collected the parts together to build myself a new computer. Thought I would go for the latest tech, so bought an AMD 64 bit proc. & motherboard to match. Got everything together and working. Installed a few programs with no problem. Tried to install antivirus (Trend Micro) and got an error message that it would not work on this platform. It turns out that, to my knowledge, there is not a reasonably priced antivirus that will work with Windows XP Pro X64. It appears that you have to go with the office version (expensive) of antivirus to get one that works. I talked to Bit-defender via live chat and they say they will have something out later this year. Anyone have any suggestions. Guess I will have to check some of the computer forums.

Going to stop at the LHS today and pick up a 180 brick I had ordered. Need to add another power block.

Enjoy your trains and stay cool.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Buckeye........ said:
I had the same problem, but we also had digital phone problems, too.

WC is out of Atlanta. We cut Yankees off every now and then. fence1 bounce7

Digital phone service is great. Talk all the time all of the USA, Canada and the territories.

Morning all. Things to do outsdie before it gets TOO HOT. Need rain. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.