Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

1688torpedo

Oct 10, 2005
Willoughby ,Ohio
Hello All! No e-mail from CTT yet. Sounds like you're having fun in Ohizo Chief!:) Remember, we only serve Cream of Wheat around here.:thumb: :D . What Train Shops are you visiting Tomorrow? Take Care.............Keith

Jim Fortner

Jul 9, 2006
Rained like crazy this morning, then just hot and muggy in St. Louis. Guy called from Chevy - hey, we actually found something wrong, it was some kind of fuel pressurization thing - really? Huh - maybe I was right and it wasn't starting right after all? jawdrop I could tell this clown thought I was an idiot when I dropped it off. I hate that :curse:

At least it will get fixed. Still have the loaner until tomorrow I guess. Gonna check Lionel and see if they changed any ship dates - waiting for my docksider.

Buckeye - I heard on the Bob & Tom show this morning that they used to have a card called the Golden Buckeye that would get you discounts like half-off on oxygen tanks and laxatives and stuff?:rolleyes: stooges8

I love the smilies here!

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Oh, was watching the Allstar game & then checked forum & found On Discovery cahannel, a workin' on the RR show. On right now !!
Jim: we still have the Golden Buckeye Card here & I think you can get all kinds of discounts. I don't think I can get it yet, but getting close !!
Thanks, John

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Only Buckeye has a Golden Buckeye card!

Jim - no e-mail address change here. I have no idea what is going on?

If Chief stays in Ohizo - you guys will be floating away. I need him to come back to TX and bring some of that rain!

Jaabat

Oct 3, 2005
My kids got to watch a new episode of DIY's Workin on the Railroad yesterday. They told me all about it. Garden railroads they said. I wonder how long it will be before one of the kids asks for an outdoor setup.

Nice to talk to the Chief last night. He was in Ohio pillaging a train store. Must have looked like Santa Claus with a huge sack of train cars slung over his shoulder! I hear tell he even bought a few exploding grits hopper cars . . . Gotta get that boy to Train Buyers Anonymous!

We had a good time running trains last night. A long steamer frieght. Tonight maybe a streamliner passenger train.

Can't wait to see the new CTT forum.

Have a good day, everyone.

Jim

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning from Blueberryhill..................
It's a gloomy, rainy day today. It figures. Meeting Chief for coffee, later.
He sure can mess up the weather. Go to Texas, Chief. See Roy.
Today is busy. Meet Chief, go shopping, run errands.
I'll be back later tonite.
Y'all have a great day.
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
Where the temp is 75 deg with overcast skies and dew point temp at 71 deg. and yes rain in the forecast.

Happy Birthday Gil bday1 balloon6 bounce7 aussie

47b6d808b3127cce8a8114bfddc300000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Good morning to all fromthe vol state

Hey all wanted to just touch base with everyone and say howdy.Dont wories its hot and muggy every where and yes it rains down in the beutiful south as wellsign1

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Morning Guys,
Send some of that rain this way. It's hot and sunny here.
I set up a water collection system from our gutters into a 200 gallon tank and wouldn't you know it, it stopped raining.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
announce1 bday1 Happy Birthday Gil !! balloon6 bounce7

Well, another hot one here, may rain some more. If any one needs rain out their way, just summons The Chief !! :D :D
Looks like Jim will be putting in a garden layout, soon !!
Well, wonder if The Chief got caught bringing any gritts into Ohizo today !! :D
Hope everyone has a nice night !!
Thanks, John

Roger B.

Oct 2, 2005
Watkinsville, GA
My e-mail from the other forum came across this afternoon. Haven't had a chance to head over there yet.

Temps. were mid-90's, again. Come on over Chief, we need some rain.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning all, I will be hanging out here for a while, maybe permanently, they need to get their act together on that other forum.

Not quite sure what you need to do to post pictures here. Help!

I'm still working on my long running stockyard project. Building it on a piece of 1/2" foam board cut to fit the space available on the layout. Had the idea to put down the scenic materials before installing the fencing on the base. Unfortunately spraying scenic cement on one side of the foam board created a nice bow in the board. The good news is that by spraying a coat of scenic cement on the back side it returned to almost perfectly flat. Hope to make some progress this afternoon as it is rainy here and can't do anything outside.

Also making progress on building my new computer. Didn't get the correct version of XP, needed X64 to run on the Athlon 64 processor I am using. Got that yesterday so now can fire it up and see what happens.

So much to do and so little time, being retired is so stressful. ;) :D

All have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.