Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Hillbillies have culture, 300 years worth.sign1

I fouind this web site of great music by a liitle girl named Cox in Florida.

Give it a listen, you van hear all here music on line.

She may even have some RR tunes.

We Finns have been listening to this and Cleltic music in this land since 1670. After a while it sort of grows on you.

1hillbilly8mv.gif

http://cdbaby.com/cd/maryzcox4

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Evening Gents!

Beautiful day here today. Sunny and 70's.

Need more rain.

Tom, glad to hear the interview went well! Hope it goes just as well for round #2!

Buckeye - just what kind of fire is that anyway? Who's the guy in the chemical suit???

Gil - Again - sorry for your losses on that. I was also able to cover my collection under my homeowners for no extra cost (not that its cheap anyway!).

Chief will soon be back in friendly territory!

Regards,
Roy

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
It has been 3 years..I am getting over it but thank you for your kind thoughts.

announce1 Gil's observation of the day:

I had to chuckle last night while watching the State of the Union address at all the "empowered" women in red dresses. It looked like the British army setting out there.
At least Ms. Rodom-Clinton had the good sense to not run with the pack, or should I say herd? sign1

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 34 and headed to 45 with overcast skies.

Well guy, we go in for our second interview next week. At least they didn't have sticker shock at my wages.
Chessie - don't let your stay at home become as long as mine sign1

Buckeye - great pic

Pick of the Day
47b5d936b3127cce92aeb6c1b40100000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Tom - good to hear they are calling you back and they know the wages.

Chief - welcome back! Good to see you survived. Big cold front rolling through the nawth now that you have safely crossed the MD! train97

Cloudy today. Possible, but unlikely, for some light rain. Cold front here will bring 70 tomorrow! :cool:

Have a great one today!
Roy

Steamtom1

Feb 8, 2005
WR,

Nice Texas Special.

There is a gentleman who lives up near Vancouver who makes custom coaches in Gauge 1. He says he also builds coaches in 10mm gauge. I don’t know if that is British for O gauge, but it might be. His coaches are magnificent. I have a set of British Southern coaches, and have another set of LMS on order. It takes about 18 months, but it is worth the wait.

His website is http://www.user.dccnet.com/d.leech/index.html . Take a look, even if you are not in the market. Click on North American Cars.

Here is a picture of my David Leech coaches...

Schools%20on%20Circle%20%201%20at%20Robb's%202004%20resized.jpg

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Tom,

Beautiful set you have there. The gentleman from BC does some nice work. I collect mostly Lionel, MTH, Willaims, Weaver O stuff. Short radius track does not lend itself to wide radius cars!

I also like the UK prototypes. Wish I had the $$ for some of the ACE trains stuff. Would be fun to have.

Regards,
Roy

Steamtom1

Feb 8, 2005
By 10 mm he means 10 mm to the foot. That translates to a scale of approximately 1:30.5, which would be a little big for O Gauge.

Also he says his coaches require a minimum radius of 10 feet, although I have run his coaches on a radius of 7 feet. The only trouble at that curvature is the corridor connectors, (diaphrams to us non-Brits), get a little squished.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Mad Wife disease:

A guy was sitting quitly reading his paper when his Wife walked up behind him and whacked him on the head with a Magazine .

"What was that for" he asked .

"That was for the piece of paper in your Pants pocket with the name Laura Lou written on it" she replied.

"Two weeks ago when I went to the Races , Laura Lou was the name of one of the Horses I bet on "he explained .

"Oh Honey , I am sorry" she said " I should have known there was a good expanation".

Three days later he was watching a Ballgame on TV ,when she walked up and hit him in the head again,this time with the Iron Skillet,which knocked him out cold .When he came to,he ask , "What the hell was that for "?

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 32 deg and headed to 45 with Blue Clear Skies and I am sure Buckeye Pete will see his shadow and then 6 more weeks of winter. peasoup

But then again if the next 6 weeks is like the last 6 weeks, it won't be so bad :D

Train Shows this coming up:

This Sunday, Feb 5, Parma HS

Next Sunday, Feb 12, Medina Fair Grounds, Ohio

OTTS group will be working at the musuem tonight on new O gauge layout.

Pick of the Day

47b5cf37b3127cce952a8d8370dc00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.