Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
From this summer, my favorite train picture.

K Line shay with weathering. It came out better than the CSX cabose I bought today . It is an industrial on clearence at the local hobby shop. I may reshoot it as I dont care for the weathering.

here is my Berk I two toned, again not excited about the shade of grey, I was wanting a shade much darker.

It needs a dot of touch up were the masking let some paint thru.

xmasi020.jpg

xmasi021.jpg

trainpica1.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Afternoon All from NE Ohio
Where the temp is 32 deg and headed to 40 with mostly Blue Clear Skies and Sunshine.

This is the first time in days that I have been able to get onto any thread. Hopfully things are fixed now. Now if Chief can get his box fixed we would be all set. :D

Busy weekend with 'The Western Reserve Model Railroad Museum" asking OTTS to build a very large 'O' gauge layout. The Museum will provide all the materails. :thumb:

Check out their web page at
www.wrmrrm.shutterfly.com

Pick of the day
47b6df30b3127cce98548d86e43b00000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Afternoon Spankbird from SW Ohio. Home of the Flying Pigs!. I just noticed your location and started to think of the old Twilight Zone. How ironic that you are in Modeling Railroad, too. Remember that conductor walking through coach car telling everyone, " Willoughby, Next Stop Willoughby" Or am I telling everyone how old I am.

I just booked tickets on a Mystery Dinner Train Ride here in Cincinnati. Spouse going too. Could be a Photo Op. Better bring the camera.

Drinking sweet tea.:wave:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Afternoon. Yes the forum would not open this morning and did not have time to sit and wait. My printer has a problem. Jamming the paper as it comes out after printing. ????? Guy has it and will let me know tonight if it is fixable or replaceable.
curse.gif
Been busy all day with interruptions. Calls [Town Board things] and visits [to see greenhouse].
frown.gif
Now Pam wants to got to Wake Forest. Later

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning all. Partly cloudy [had shower earlier] and real warm. I hear that the Ohio gang might get some freezing stuff. :thumb: Front coming through and then high tomorrow will be 50. Work up stairs until Frankie gets here to shoot rifle. Have a good one and God bless.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 42 and headed to 54 with T-stroms on the way then falling temps to snow for tomorrow. :curse:

HI Steve, Glad to see another Buckeye boy stop by.

Gil - nice looking truck

Chief - Is working up stairs like working on bench work?????

Pick of the day
47b5d935b3127cce92bfed037cd200000026108IZMmrFwxbA

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
It is wet out here this morning and they say we may have snow tonight but I doubt it.

I am waiting on the postman this morning, hopefully I will have some ebay train stuff in todays mail.

Sounds like you buckeys boys had a good meeting.

Spanky, I started to the post office yesterday and by the time I got to the bank I realized it was a holliday...that is for bank and post office employees.

Your packge will go out today.

00aaberk.jpg

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Postman has not been by yet. Must be late due to the Holiday yesterday. But that OK - I don't have any packages coming anyway
cry.gif
Even though it's raining here is SW Ohio it still pretty nice. Just me and dog and he is easy to get along with. He Love's me.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I mailed them out at 2:pM and I owe you .40 cents change. which I will keep and if I send 3 more packagaes at the rate will buy my self a cup of SWEET TEA!!!!

Woo hoo, between the long weekend and tonight, I managed to get some serious layout work done. Long-neglected Marx locomotives with finicky e-units are great for finding the flaws in your trackwork.

I still have a long, long way to go, but I've got my Life-Like grass paper down--I'm going for the tinplate look, and the prewar Lionel "artificial grass" was dyed sawdust, like Life-Like uses--and I've got my tin buildings arranged. My tin church by J. Chein arrived today. It's a little undersized even for HO, let alone O, but it's gorgeous, so to the back of the layout it goes. I should have a tin schoolhouse arriving in the next couple of days. If any tinplate kids show up on the layout, they need an edumacation.

The scenery will keep me occupied for a few years, but now I've got a layout that looks like something.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
where the temp is 31 deg with snow falling and temp droping to 27.

Got to work this morning at 6:15 and had a power outage by 7:00am until 7:45am. :curse:

Train Show this Saturday, UAW Hall, Parma, Ohio.

Pick of the Day
47b6df36b3127cce98548279f7e300000027108IZMmrFwxbA

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Dave, have some pics?

Spanky, Parma..isn't Drew Carey from there?sign1

It is like wise cold and snow here and I am cancelling my classes at the VA Hospital today, make it up on Friday.

I am going to touch up a couple of cars today and paint some if it is not to cols.

I have a red and and a yellow LV hooper and I think I will paint them gray or black.

Maybe I shouldn't, I dont know. I dont see much use fora yellow hopper.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
TEE HEE HEE, HA HA, Snicker. Told you Yanks to be nice to me. Now you pay. fence1 ;) Windy!!!!!!!!!! and turning cooler but rebounding tomorrow. :thumb: Had errands to run and more later. Got hair cut. Printer is ready and only $45. :) Attic [walkin] is insulated and sealed up tight. Working on double paning window. Framing around it now to mount Plexiglass, Chat later

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
where the temp 27 deg and headed to 45 with overcast skies.

Gil - you need to have a talk with your suthern buddy sign1

The last couple of nights we have been degisning the track layout for the OTTS 'O'gauge layout at the train museum. We should have the 1st one done tonight.

Train Show this Saturday, Parma UAW Hall.

Pick of the Day
47b5da02b3127cce98548daafa0f00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

Status
Not open for further replies.