Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 91rioja

91rioja Member

Hey Tony, long time, eh? Did you guys ever get the room building project finished? I seem to remember it from a while back.

Chris
  2. 0-4-0 Steamer

0-4-0 Steamer New Member

I understand that plastic explosives work really well for those moles!
    (remember Caddy Shack?)sign1
  3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Gooood night. Been up since 4:30 AM EDT and its now 11:36 EDT but only 8:36 MST in Phoenix. They don't do DST. About to crash.
    Met EZDays and his buddy. Nice folks. Glad he came by. NGauger, didn't have GRITS to feed him. :eek:

Got to crash.
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Wow - talk about a full schedule :) :) Glad you all met :)

They're loss on the grits :D :D
  5. hilldrum

hilldrum Member

Just so Y'all know, I'm officially graduating from Southern Vance High School (Henderson, NC) so wish me luck as I step into a new and different but mostly the same lifestyle.:cool:

--Hill Davis
    Class of 2007 (as of Saturday June 6, 2007)
    BTW: Just think, #7 is the number of completeness.
  6. Chief Eagles

Hilldrum, congrats. I live just south of you. Go up to Kerr to fish all the time. Glad to see you on the "Pot". Can't get body use to three hours difference in time. Have a great day.
  7. hilldrum

hilldrum Member

THANK YOU THAT WAS A QUICK REPLY!sign1 Whoops I for got about the caps

Just so you know I talked to you a few times before on here
  8. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Hi hilldrum

Congrats- FREEDOM AT LAST!!! whoohooo!

Just a little confused though, it is Friday 8 June here in South Africa, you say by you it will be Saturday 6 June- just wondering if it's a typo?

Regards
  9. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Well, was fortunate enough to spend a bit of time with Chief Eagles yesterday. As he said, he was coming to Mesa for the grand opening of a Bass Pro Shop, and I'd never let the opportunity to meet a fellow Gauger get by me. We didn't spend much time since he was "on the job" and there were tons of people there. Boy, what a place, we were looking at shotguns, and saw one there with a $97,000 price tag hanging off it. I might have been interested in it except it was a 20 ga and I shoot 12 ga target. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: yeah, right..:mrgreen: Sheesh, would someone actually go shoot a gun worth almost $100 grand???? :eek:

Anyway, thanks Chief for letting me know you were in town and it was great meeting with you. :thumb: :thumb:
  10. hilldrum

hilldrum Member

My bad, you're right. This highly edumacated country boy can't read his watch:oops:. Some how I got the number mixed up.
  11. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Chris, well almost finished the whole project, still have some cabinet work to do and some tilesto finish.
    If you go back to pg 128 there are some pics of the new layout there.

Hillsdrum. CONGRATS, time to go fishing.
    Yall have fun,
    Tony
  12. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Congratulations Hilldrum! Well done!

Don, what on earth could make a shot gun cost $97,000!?

Ralph
  13. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I'm really not sure. I saw a piece on TV about two weeks ago where you would fly into Italy and get measured for your gun and they would taylor it to you liking and fit. They also had the finest engravers and used a lot of gold inlay. I've gone to trap meets where they had gun dealers selling trap guns in the $5000 range up to around $30,000, but never one for $97,000.:eek: It didn't look much different than the ones next to it that were in the $3,000 to 5,000 range, except it had a lot more engraving and probably the finest wood around.

I think if I owned it, or even borrowed it, I would miss the target a lot, being about as nervous as I could be shooting the darn thing. Plus, the insurance, based on what I pay for my guns, would run almost $1600 a year for this one alone.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  14. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

My house cost $92,000. :)
  15. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That means if you sell your house, you'd have to come up with an extra $5,000 if you wanted that gun.:eek:

I think it kinda ironic though. The shells I shoot run me about 20 cents each. Someone that buys that very expensive gun, still has to shoot 20 cent shells in it. And if I don't point it at the target just right, I miss. The same is true for this guy, so paying all that money doesn't get him one heck of a lot more than I got for a heck of a lot less.:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  16. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

hilldrum, one of my friends has a watch that works backwards, so he has to tell the time in an anti- clockwise way.

What you gonna study?
  17. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/9/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 87°F
    Humidity: 83%
    Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
    High: 81°F
    Low: 77°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph WSW

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Decreasing clouds. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

The breakfast bar is open.

[​IMG]
  18. Chief Eagles

Morning. Found out from a lady resident that all grocery stores in AZ have GRITS. Guess that makes AZ a SOUTHERN state.
    Off to the BPS. Have a great day.
  19. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, and go over and have breakfast at that Cracker Barrel where you are and you'll find that they served grits with just about everything. It's a tourist thing...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  20. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

They way you tell is whether the Cracker Barrel automatically brings the grits or if they have to cook them after you ask for them. Or if they don't bring them even after you ask for them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.