Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

thumsup

Hey folks, This is really a great place to visit. Things in Southern California are what things are in Southern California. It's great to read all of your posts.

Good night, see ya on the flip flop

:thumb: Joe

thumsup

Hey 0-4-0 Steamer,
I can't believe it, the Ducks, wow. Where are you located? I only ask because I work and live in the City of Anaheim, and there was no mention in any of the "work propanganda" of the play offs this week.
And I'm not really a hockey fan:eek:, but don't hold that against me. sign1

0-4-0 Steamer

Hey 0-4-0 Steamer,
I can't believe it, the Ducks, wow. Where are you located? I only ask because I work and live in the City of Anaheim, and there was no mention in any of the "work propanganda" of the play offs this week.
And I'm not really a hockey fan:eek:, but don't hold that against me. sign1

I'm not a huge fan either, but hey, it's the Ducks! I live and work in Corona, just a few miles east. I'm a Angles fan first and mostly!

thumsup

I'm sorry, sign1 I was a Dodger fan year's ago, now I only have time to think about one thing, duh,,, Oh, trains...sign1

Take care, Joe

0-4-0 Steamer

I'm sorry, sign1 I was a Dodger fan year's ago, now I only have time to think about one thing, duh,,, Oh, trains...sign1

Take care, Joe
LOL! Not to worry. I've been to one game this year and went to only one last year! I spend much more time with my "toys"!:thumb:

pennman

Hey guys,
Trying to beat the heat!! its getting way hot suppose to be in the 90'splus today. Been working on the layout more picsto post soon.
Trying toget ride of a mole that is taring up the wifes flowers.
Yall have fun
Tony

91rioja

Hey Tony, long time, eh? Did you guys ever get the room building project finished? I seem to remember it from a while back.

Chris

0-4-0 Steamer

Hey guys,
Trying to beat the heat!! its getting way hot suppose to be in the 90'splus today. Been working on the layout more picsto post soon.
Trying toget ride of a mole that is taring up the wifes flowers.
Yall have fun
Tony

I understand that plastic explosives work really well for those moles!
(remember Caddy Shack?)sign1

Chief Eagles

Gooood night. Been up since 4:30 AM EDT and its now 11:36 EDT but only 8:36 MST in Phoenix. They don't do DST. About to crash.
Met EZDays and his buddy. Nice folks. Glad he came by. NGauger, didn't have GRITS to feed him. :eek:

Got to crash.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Gooood night. Been up since 4:30 AM EDT and its now 11:36 EDT but only 8:36 MST in Phoenix. They don't do DST. About to crash.
Met EZDays and his buddy. Nice folks. Glad he came by. NGauger, didn't have GRITS to feed him. :eek:

Got to crash.

Wow - talk about a full schedule :) :) Glad you all met :)

They're loss on the grits :D :D

hilldrum

Just so Y'all know, I'm officially graduating from Southern Vance High School (Henderson, NC) so wish me luck as I step into a new and different but mostly the same lifestyle.:cool:

--Hill Davis
Class of 2007 (as of Saturday June 6, 2007)
BTW: Just think, #7 is the number of completeness.

Chief Eagles

Hilldrum, congrats. I live just south of you. Go up to Kerr to fish all the time. Glad to see you on the "Pot". Can't get body use to three hours difference in time. Have a great day.

hilldrum

THANK YOU THAT WAS A QUICK REPLY!sign1 Whoops I for got about the caps

Just so you know I talked to you a few times before on here

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi hilldrum

Congrats- FREEDOM AT LAST!!! whoohooo!

Just a little confused though, it is Friday 8 June here in South Africa, you say by you it will be Saturday 6 June- just wondering if it's a typo?

Regards

ezdays

Out AZ way
Well, was fortunate enough to spend a bit of time with Chief Eagles yesterday. As he said, he was coming to Mesa for the grand opening of a Bass Pro Shop, and I'd never let the opportunity to meet a fellow Gauger get by me. We didn't spend much time since he was "on the job" and there were tons of people there. Boy, what a place, we were looking at shotguns, and saw one there with a $97,000 price tag hanging off it. I might have been interested in it except it was a 20 ga and I shoot 12 ga target. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: yeah, right..:mrgreen: Sheesh, would someone actually go shoot a gun worth almost $100 grand???? :eek:

Anyway, thanks Chief for letting me know you were in town and it was great meeting with you. :thumb: :thumb:

hilldrum

Hi hilldrum

Congrats- FREEDOM AT LAST!!! whoohooo!

Just a little confused though, it is Friday 8 June here in South Africa, you say by you it will be Saturday 6 June- just wondering if it's a typo?

Regards

My bad, you're right. This highly edumacated country boy can't read his watch:eek:ops:. Some how I got the number mixed up.

pennman

Hey Tony, long time, eh? Did you guys ever get the room building project finished? I seem to remember it from a while back.

Chris

Hey Chris, well almost finished the whole project, still have some cabinet work to do and some tilesto finish.
If you go back to pg 128 there are some pics of the new layout there.

Hillsdrum. CONGRATS, time to go fishing.
Yall have fun,
Tony

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Congratulations Hilldrum! Well done!

Don, what on earth could make a shot gun cost $97,000!?

Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
...Don, what on earth could make a shot gun cost $97,000!?

Ralph
I'm really not sure. I saw a piece on TV about two weeks ago where you would fly into Italy and get measured for your gun and they would taylor it to you liking and fit. They also had the finest engravers and used a lot of gold inlay. I've gone to trap meets where they had gun dealers selling trap guns in the $5000 range up to around $30,000, but never one for $97,000.:eek: It didn't look much different than the ones next to it that were in the $3,000 to 5,000 range, except it had a lot more engraving and probably the finest wood around.

I think if I owned it, or even borrowed it, I would miss the target a lot, being about as nervous as I could be shooting the darn thing. Plus, the insurance, based on what I pay for my guns, would run almost $1600 a year for this one alone.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.