Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

Well Ralph,
    Monday is Memorial Day, to honor those who have served and are serving.
    PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE. Everyone who has served has lost something and a part of them has died while away. To me its still a holiday! I've lost many of my buds but, I'm glad that I made it home almost intact both mentally and physicly and have the chance to remeber those of my bros who didnt. and have a beer for them.
    ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL and SOMEARE STILL GIVING
    Dont Forget,
    Tony
  2. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Lest we forget ...
  3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Evening all. Worked on car, then cleaned gutters, cleaned off roofs, trimmed limbs and put down soaker hoses in garden [ran them too]. Need rain real bad. Hope all have a great holiday.
  4. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/27/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 68°F
    Humidity: 90%
    Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
    High: 71°F
    Low: 68°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 5mph ESE

Through 8 AM...a few showers moving northwest at 20 mph can be expected over southeast Texas.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

Holiday Weekend Outlook: Warm and Stormy

May 27, 2007

The Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of the 2007 summer season, will be full of warm and calm weather along both coasts, even as the central U.S. stays a bit stormy.

Today:

The second day of the holiday weekend will be very similar to Saturday, in that additional storms are likely for the Central Plains and Great Lakes and warmer, more tranquil conditions will persist across the West and South.

The only large variation will be found in the Northeast and parts of the Ohio Valley, where early-morning sunshine will give way to increasing clouds and a chance of late-day showers and thunderstorms. A few rumbles of thunder will be possible over the Northern Rockies as well.
    The Central Plains will remain soggy, with another round of thunderstorms likely. Across Texas, the additional rain could lead to isolated episodes of flash flooding.

The hottest temperatures will be found across the Desert Southwest, where highs will easily climb into the triple digits. Temperatures in the upper 80s and low 90s will be found across the rest of the Southwest, Great Basin and inland California. Similar temperatures will also be found in parts of the interior South and along the Gulf Coast.

Highs across the rest of the West, Central Plains and Northeast will generally be in the 70s and 80s, with a few 60s found in the western Great Lakes.

Memorial Day:

The extended holiday weekend will end the same way it began, with a scattering of thunderstorms across the Central U.S. and very warm weather across the West and Southeast.

The scattered afternoon thunderstorms will mostly be found across much of the Southern Plains and Ozarks. Additional storms will make their way into the Ohio Valley, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast later in the day.

The West will continue to warm up, as 90-degree temperatures will expand into more of the Great Basin, southern Rockies and west Texas. While the Desert Southwest will continue to see highs in the triple digits, the Pacific Northwest will only make it into the 70s and lower 80s.

Shifting focus to the East and South, temperatures will also be on the warm side as the thermometers should climb well into the 80s, with a few 90-degree readings possible.

[​IMG]
  5. Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Where is Old Tanker??? Hope he is OK. He was a regular and suddenly????? Resting after yestrday's labor. Went to Early Church and SS. Wife says I'm not a heathen anymore. :eek: :rolleyes: :thumb: Have a good holiday. MIL is bar-be-quing chickens and homemade ice cream [cherry pineapple I hope]. Later
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - he hasn't been on for 20 days :( He did say he was busy with different things -0 so i guess we wait and see........
  7. pennman

pennman Member

Yep havent heard from Tanker in quite a bit, but then again life can take charge and make it hard for you some times. Got the smoker going early this morning brisket going with some sweet tater fries and corn and cobbler on the pit pool finnaly cleared and the BUD and Jack are cold.
    Yall have fun,
    Tony
  8. jeffrey-wimberl

He may have had a computer crash. Windows is picky at the best of times.
  9. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Hey he is a farmer now. I just hope one of the cows didn't send him for a ride.

I had a very busy day taking off at 5AM for a fishing trip. I had a ton of fun with my youngest daughter. We stop at my mother in laws for food on the way home.

She lives in a small town near the train tracks. CSX was busy today with a total of four trains passing the house in an 1/12 hours. I thought that was a ton of freight moving through Southern Somerset County today.

I was hoping to watch the Nascar race but as I sat down to watch i got a phone call. My buddies corn planter broke so I spent lap 10-400 planting field corn. What are friends for. :)
  10. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

[​IMG]
    Good Morning All from NE Ohio

where the temp is 68 deg with Blue Clear Skies!

Remember to thank a Vet!

Today is a cookout with family.
    We have been getting ready for our next open house at The Western Reserve Model Railraod Museum. (6-24-07). Our theam is baseball, so we are building a baseball field for the O gauge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:wave:
  11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Looks great so far!! :D

Near 90 here again today - maybe 85 tomorrow.. not much going on today.....
  12. Chief Eagles

Morning. Wife's Nissan set another code [same as the other day and we replaced the O2 sensor]. :confused: :eek: Take it tomorrow to console. Hope that finds something. Got to assemble potting bench for her. Run trains I hope as have not had time since last week.

Great ballfield. 90 degrees so would go only to a night game. Hot and dry. Send RAIN!!!!

Have a good and safe holiday.
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/28/2007

Heat Index: 81°F
    Humidity: 76%
    Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
    High: 77°F
    Low: 66°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Gust: 8mph ESE

Rest Of Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

As the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend comes to a close, many Americans will begin their journey back home, either by way of interstate or airport. Regardless of the mode of transportation, weather could cause a few problems for travelers over the next couple days. Here is a daily breakdown of possible travel trouble spots:

Today:

A scattering of showers and thunderstorms will again develop across the Southern Plains and Midwest. As a result, airport travel in and out of Dallas, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, St. Louis and Indianapolis could be affected. Additionally, traffic along portions of I-35, I-44 and I-70 might be slowed by the hit-and-miss precipitation.

Farther to the north, a more organized storm system will bring a greater chance of severe storms to Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas. Travelers planning on taking either I-90 or I-94 through any of the aforementioned states should expect a few slow-downs if a storm moves across the interstate.

Stretching from Florida to North Carolina, tranquil weather conditions will pave the way for a great travel day for airports in Miami, Atlanta, Nashville and Charlotte. Travel along the southern half of the I-95 corridor should be free-flowing as well.

Farther north, spotty showers and blustery winds should make for tricky travel from the Mid-Atlantic into the Northeast. While the precipitation will take aim on Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia, wind gusts in excess of 30 mph will be possible in upstate New York and New England.

The entire Western U.S. has a great day of travel shaping up as high pressure will keep the hazardous weather away. The lack of weather-related tie-ups should keep traffic on I-5 moving just fine and flights in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Phoenix on time.

Being as it's getting near lunchtime, I'll have something appropriate.

[​IMG]
  14. Chief Eagles

Ran trains for about an hour. :mrgreen: :thumb: Hot and dry. Got little squash and little green tomatoes. Grass carp will feed on grass I pull off and throw in the pond. Pond is still green but think it is thinning out now. Later.
  15. pennman

pennman Member

Hey yall,
    been a busy day a few ceromonies at ft Campbell today andsometimewith the family. been a hellva day in the upper 90's and humid. waiting for the rain. Goood day for scratch building and foam work.
    Yall have fun
    Tony
  16. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Evening,

Had a quiet Holliday here. Grilled Lamb chops for two, corn on the cob and asparagus.

Hope Old Tanker is OK.

Ronova, don't forget to give me a shout next time you get down this way.

Take care all,
  17. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/29/2007

Wind Chill: 70°F
    Humidity: 88%
    Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
    High: 70°F
    Low: 68°F
    Rain: 0.03"
    Gust: 8mph ESE

This morning - Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will continue moving to the north across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. You can expect a brief heavy rainfall and occasional lightning.

Today High: 82 Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 10 mph.

[​IMG]
  18. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Another hot dry day in NC. Fish biologist called about pond and said I was OK and should not have a problem as loing as I do not have several cloudy days in a row, None forecast. Have a good one.
  19. pennman

pennman Member

Hey guys,
    Yeap another hot day here as well pushing 90in TN and forcasting maybe showers by friday.
    Chief, I can feel your pain had a nice pond spent alot of money on coy fish and between bad waterand cranes I had a mess and no fish.
    Every body keep cool
    Tony
  20. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Back to work after a long weekend. Can't keep track of which day of the week it is now! :) Waiting for some good steady rain in Minnesota to water some new plants and an area of new grass....

Ralph
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.