Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey all,
Where is everybody hiding? Just another fun dat at workabout to go back to nights andlooking foward to it. waiting on the postman to come he has my Peco and switch machine order. Like akid at x-mas..
yall have fun,
Tony

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening all. Busy day. Had to rush and ship some big train items a guy bought from me [boxing and etc]. Then rush to County Commissioner meeting in Raleigh. Rush home to turn around and go back for Mended Hearts meeting. Just got in a few minutes ago. Gas jumped from 3.01 to 3.17 over night. Filled up truck and car today. Standing up typing. :cry:
Hope to do some trains tomorrow. Pond turned green as peas soup. Aglie bloom. Strange. Been fertilizing for three years and could not get enough fertilizer to get it to turn dark. Something has gotten into it to fertilize. Maybe the flow from beside a sewer manhole is not a spring but a leak. Something has suddenly happened. If it dies too quick, bacteria will depleat the O2 and will have fish kill. Folk are suppose to come and take water samples. Got me worried. Popcorn time. Goood night.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Hi thumbsup

Thanks for asking, it went quite well!

I've never heard so many ooos and aaaahhhs in my life- evryone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

I'm worried about next time- How am I gonna top it?!?!?!

Any way- Since Saturday night things have all of a sudden gone freezing through the whole country- farms are covered in sheets of snow (Something South Africa hasn't experienced for the past 25 years).

Couldn't take a shower this morning- water in the pipes were frozen!

And right now it's FREEEZZZIIINNGGG!!!! Bbrrrrr! I've got three layers of clothing on and it's not helping!

Keep well all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

I might not be on again today. Due to problems I was experiencing with my modem last night, I'll be taking it in to the local office to exchange it for another.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/22/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Now for some information for the rest of the nation.

wmap.jpg

Springtime thunderstorms will once again target areas of the central U.S. while warmer weather returns to the East.
A storm system over the Northern Plains will help to enhance the threat for thunderstorms, some of which could be severe with large hail, high winds and tornadoes.
Though the greatest threat will stretch from the panhandle of Texas northward through Nebraska, expect scattered thunderstorms anywhere from Minneapolis southward to Houston with temperatures ranging from the upper 60s north to the upper 80s south.
Further east, abundant sunshine and warmer temperatures will continue with a large area of high pressure centered to the north. Highs will once again reach well into the 70s and 80s east of the Mississippi. The exception will be northern New England where temperatures will struggle to get out of the 50s.
Typical afternoon showers and thunderstorms will be likely for southern Florida along with a slight chance of showers across the central Mid-Atlantic.
After several days in a row of oppressive heat in the Desert Southwest, some relief will occur with high temperatures only reaching into the 80s and low 90s.
The Pacific Coast will remain cool near Seattle but warming southward towards Los Angeles with mostly sunny skies.

pancakes.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Good morning! The map above says windy for Minnesota. I think its going to get pretty warm today as well with a chance of possibly severe thunderstorms. Guess I won't be setting up our screen house in the back yard today. Its a nice one from Sam's club with metal framing and a domed canvass roof...our little home away from home in the summer. I feel like I'm about three weeks behind the season as far as yard shores etc. are concerned!

Ralph

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
You know, the gauge is more than a model train place (besides the other forums now added), we even get a daily weather report from
Mr. Wimberly!

Yes, I know, it doesn't affect me but perhaps one day I'll be able to visit the U.S. and spending time on the gauge instead of watching boring old T.V. for a weather report is way more appealing!

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Afternoon. Buys phone day. Got worries about the big pond I have. Turned green with algie bloom. Something "foreign" is feeding it and can not find out what. Suspect: Raleigh sewer manhole leaking into pond. Actually hope it is. Then they will have to fix and aerate at their expense and not me. If not, may get major fish kill. County is suppose to be sending guy to test. No calls so far. Been waiting for hsi call. Everyone else is calling. Trains??? Want to run some but sorried about pond and have to keep an eye on it. Later.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Roseyville Town Board meeting lasted until 11PM. Where are some of the "old timers"? Old Tanker was always here. Guess the warmer weather sends everyone outside and no time for forum. Pond is green. County came and got water samples. County Soil and Water to come tomorrow AM to see what is going on. Definately getting fertlized and not by me. Big algie bloom. Trying to find source. Might be city sewer leaking from line or manhole right at pond. Gooooood night.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey all,
Chief Noticed the same thing seems everybody has gone out. Hmmm.
Had almost the same thing afewyears ago had a broken sewer pipe made the lawn look real good in that one spot.
Well yall have fun.
Tony

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/23/2007

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Gust: 9mph SE

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

steakandeggs.jpg

A large portion the central U.S. could see severe weather on Wednesday. At the same time, warm and dry weather continues to rule the eastern half of the U.S.

Major cities such as Dallas, Oklahoma City and possibly as far north as Minneapolis all could be under the gun for severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon. Warm temperatures and moist Gulf air out ahead of a strong cold front will help fuel these storms with temperatures reaching into the 70s and 80s.

Areas from northern Oklahoma through southeastern Nebraska have the greatest threat for the most damaging of these storms, some of which could produce large hail, damaging wind gusts, and tornadoes.
Behind this storm system, there will be a chance of rain and weak thunderstorms for much of the northern Rockies into the northern Plains. Temperatures here will be on the cool side with highs only in the 50s and 60s.

Most locations east of the Mississippi will see warmer conditions with mostly sunny skies. Temperatures from the Southeast northward to the Great Lakes will approach 90 degrees with slightly cooler temperatures in the Northeast.

The only exception will be southern Florida where typical springtime showers and thunderstorms will again be likely. In addition, a slight chance of showers exists for the central Appalachians and adjacent locations to the east.

Across the West, easterly down-sloping winds in California should support hot temperatures into the low 90s for the valleys while low-level clouds should keep coastal areas cooler in the 70s. Further north, coastal Oregon and Washington should remain mostly cloudy and cool with highs only in the 50s and a chance of late-day showers.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Taking a break. Been with County Soil and Water guy all morning at GREEN pond. Then got calls from Raleigh Utilities. They are denying as expected. Who knows???? Hoping not to get a fish kill. Lots of hard work could be lost if fish kill. No time for trains. Later

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Had a little excitment at work this afternoon. Tornado warning had us taking cover for about half an hour. Not sure if there were any actual spotted touchdowns but plenty of rotation on dopplar apparently. I didn't see any damage as I drove home. Much quieter tonight! Phew!
Ralph

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Went into the city today so my wife could go to the hairdresser. I went over to Union Station to see the GO Transit 40th anniversary celebration. Left early; the managers talked and then the politicians started so I took a streetcar back.
Called the dealer and they said that our new RV is in; we can pick it up on the 1st. Gives us time to arrange storage and insurance. (For the techies: Four Winds model 28A, class C 30 footer.) Who has a campground near them?

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Nothing wanted to work right today. I had some fuses blow in my New Holland. I looked everywhere for the fuse box. I found it but it took an hour to tear apart the dash because it was located behind the instrument panel with no access points.

The lawn tractor was acting up and I had to replace some filters for the hydraulic steering. The only problem was that I had to take the rear wheel off to get to them.

I went to mow the hay fields and the head loaded with grass jamming all the blades. The problem was a two-dollar spring that keeps tension on the rollers. It took two hours to get the blades and head cleared.

After that it rained like heck. :)

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/24/2007

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Gust: 10mph SE

Today High: 82 Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

bacon.jpg

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Morning, 4 to 6 inches of rain in last 14 hours in north east kansas. Its wet here, and they say 2/3 of the country is in a drought?:-D:-D:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.