Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

I work at a sheltered workshop. We build wood furniture, among other things. Desks, computer tables, printer stands, book shelves, etc. You won't find ANY particle board or MDF here.
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey Jeff....Nothing like the smell of sawn wood...'s what I always say...Although if you do doors, there's nothing like MDF or particle board to be SURE they won't warp...
  3. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/19/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 54°F
    Humidity: 70%
    Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
    High: 56°F
    Low: 55°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 7mph NE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

[​IMG]
  4. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot]. End of the Line is on FLIX West. Movie about two older train guys stealing engine and going to Chicago to Board Of Directors meeting to save the line.
    John F has a great layout. Seen it in person. Some very outstanding scratch built scenery.
    Backroom:
    [​IMG]

Main room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See the scratch built stock yard. Wish I had taken a close up. Looks real.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some great running engiens too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great host to visit.

Have a great day.
  5. pennman

pennman Member

6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey Chief...Great pics of John's layout..!! Tell him to post some more..!! Looks like that whole room is a train room...
  7. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Tony...Let's hope for the best...
    I agree with the Chief. Veterans should be taken care of for life...The treatment they are getting nowadays is shameful.
    Hope your son pulls through OK.
  8. Chief Eagles

Goooood night all. Long day. Trying to rest and watch TV with out reclinerizing [falling asleep in recliner]. Later.
  9. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/20/2007

Wind Chill: 54°F
    Humidity: 84%
    Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
    High: 62°F
    Low: 54°F
    Gust: 5mph E

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 60 Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. Light and variable winds.

Being that it's Sunday, the breakfast bar is open.

[​IMG]
  10. Chief Eagles

Evening all. Busy day. Wife got back from
    Wilmington NC and Grandson's [well Youngest's home]. Hope i can stay awake for Sopranos. Old 17 yr old PEEK woke me at 4AM, 7AM and 9AM so did not get to sleep well and was up late tinkering. Should have gone to bed early and made Chruch and SS. Got to do better. Microwave popcorn time. Where is everyone?????? Come on guys. Where is Old Tanker and others????
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

I got a big surprise today. I heard a knock at the door this morning and went to see who it was and I was so surprised I almost fell over. It was my young friend David, known at Trains.com as TrainMaster. Some months back, his father got a good job in Denver, the first good job he's had in his entire life. He and the family relocated there immediatly. Well, after a little while, David's mother started having some rather alarming medical problems show up and it was found that she was violently allergic to something in the area. It was suggested that she move back to Louisiana since she has friends and family here and hadn't had any problems until she left here. David decided to come back with her, being as he's only 13 he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. I knew they were coming back but I wasn't expecting them for another month because the boy had to finish school. I only found out a little while ago that they said 'hang the school and move now, we'll worry about any problems with the schools later'. Right now they're all here, David, his mother and father. They have to get the rental truck unpacked today so that his father can start back to Denver in the morning. It won't be the first time they've been seperated and probably won't be the last.
  12. pennman

pennman Member

Hey all?Chief them youngons can wear you out cant they..lol. Had my grandsons 2nd Bday yestrday hada house full of 2-6yrolds wore me and mom plumb out... Got the pool uncovered this weekend and the rest of the time was spent doing foam and plaster work on the layout.Coming along slowly but its working.
    yall have fun,
    Tony
  13. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Good morning from Minnesota where it is supposed to be more summer-like today after a cooler day yesterday that supposedly even included some freezing rain and snw flurries in the northern part of the State!
    Ralph
  14. pennman

pennman Member

Hey all,
    Where is everybody hiding? Just another fun dat at workabout to go back to nights andlooking foward to it. waiting on the postman to come he has my Peco and switch machine order. Like akid at x-mas..
    yall have fun,
    Tony
  15. Chief Eagles

Evening all. Busy day. Had to rush and ship some big train items a guy bought from me [boxing and etc]. Then rush to County Commissioner meeting in Raleigh. Rush home to turn around and go back for Mended Hearts meeting. Just got in a few minutes ago. Gas jumped from 3.01 to 3.17 over night. Filled up truck and car today. Standing up typing. :cry:
    Hope to do some trains tomorrow. Pond turned green as peas soup. Aglie bloom. Strange. Been fertilizing for three years and could not get enough fertilizer to get it to turn dark. Something has gotten into it to fertilize. Maybe the flow from beside a sewer manhole is not a spring but a leak. Something has suddenly happened. If it dies too quick, bacteria will depleat the O2 and will have fish kill. Folk are suppose to come and take water samples. Got me worried. Popcorn time. Goood night.
  16. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Hi thumbsup

Thanks for asking, it went quite well!

I've never heard so many ooos and aaaahhhs in my life- evryone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

I'm worried about next time- How am I gonna top it?!?!?!

Any way- Since Saturday night things have all of a sudden gone freezing through the whole country- farms are covered in sheets of snow (Something South Africa hasn't experienced for the past 25 years).

Couldn't take a shower this morning- water in the pipes were frozen!

And right now it's FREEEZZZIIINNGGG!!!! Bbrrrrr! I've got three layers of clothing on and it's not helping!

Keep well all.
  17. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

I might not be on again today. Due to problems I was experiencing with my modem last night, I'll be taking it in to the local office to exchange it for another.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/22/2007

Wind Chill: 67°F
    Humidity: 86%
    Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
    High: 68°F
    Low: 66°F
    Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Now for some information for the rest of the nation.

[​IMG]
    Springtime thunderstorms will once again target areas of the central U.S. while warmer weather returns to the East.
    A storm system over the Northern Plains will help to enhance the threat for thunderstorms, some of which could be severe with large hail, high winds and tornadoes.
    Though the greatest threat will stretch from the panhandle of Texas northward through Nebraska, expect scattered thunderstorms anywhere from Minneapolis southward to Houston with temperatures ranging from the upper 60s north to the upper 80s south.
    Further east, abundant sunshine and warmer temperatures will continue with a large area of high pressure centered to the north. Highs will once again reach well into the 70s and 80s east of the Mississippi. The exception will be northern New England where temperatures will struggle to get out of the 50s.
    Typical afternoon showers and thunderstorms will be likely for southern Florida along with a slight chance of showers across the central Mid-Atlantic.
    After several days in a row of oppressive heat in the Desert Southwest, some relief will occur with high temperatures only reaching into the 80s and low 90s.
    The Pacific Coast will remain cool near Seattle but warming southward towards Los Angeles with mostly sunny skies.

[​IMG]
  18. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Good morning! The map above says windy for Minnesota. I think its going to get pretty warm today as well with a chance of possibly severe thunderstorms. Guess I won't be setting up our screen house in the back yard today. Its a nice one from Sam's club with metal framing and a domed canvass roof...our little home away from home in the summer. I feel like I'm about three weeks behind the season as far as yard shores etc. are concerned!

Ralph
  19. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

You know, the gauge is more than a model train place (besides the other forums now added), we even get a daily weather report from
    Mr. Wimberly!

Yes, I know, it doesn't affect me but perhaps one day I'll be able to visit the U.S. and spending time on the gauge instead of watching boring old T.V. for a weather report is way more appealing!
  20. Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Buys phone day. Got worries about the big pond I have. Turned green with algie bloom. Something "foreign" is feeding it and can not find out what. Suspect: Raleigh sewer manhole leaking into pond. Actually hope it is. Then they will have to fix and aerate at their expense and not me. If not, may get major fish kill. County is suppose to be sending guy to test. No calls so far. Been waiting for hsi call. Everyone else is calling. Trains??? Want to run some but sorried about pond and have to keep an eye on it. Later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.