Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

And VERY LOUD! I was awake instantly.
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I'll bet you were up in a "FLASH"...so to speak...I can't imagine what that sounded like...Good thing you were properly grounded.

Renovo...That must be a thrill to see...Any new life is a miracle. How many head have you got..??

BTW...Where are the ol' timers..?? The Chief is a regular, but Spankybird, John (Jefelectric) and others are rarely seen. We miss you guys and your pictures of gorgeous 3-railers..!!
  3. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Thanks for the congrats.

Renovo, how long does it take for the calf to come out- yes, yes, I know this is a train forum but just interested to know.
  4. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

First order of business today will be laying out the new cut pieces for 5 desks for staining. Also the already stained pieces for 6 others will be going through the poly booth and will have to be lightly sanded when they come out. All in all, it's going to be a busy day.

After work I'll be going to the computer repair to pick up a new main board for my parents computer. A PC Chips board with a 3600+ AMD processor. It's getting hard to find boards with IDE ports these days. Everythings going over to Seta. Guess who gets to install the thing. They won't pay a tech to do it and neither of them know how to do it, so that only leaves one person. Like the line from the old song 'Charlie Brown' goes "Why does everybody keep pickin' on me?".

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/16/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 68°F
    Humidity: 93%
    Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
    High: 70°F
    Low: 68°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. West winds up to 10 mph shifting to the north around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cooler. Lows in the mid 50s. North winds around 10 mph.

I'll be having the pancakes today.

[​IMG]
  5. Straycat

Straycat Member

48 degrees with 92% humidity. Nice change in the weather.
    Not many trains going by this morning, I guess the rivers are receding.

"The Missouri, she's a mighty river
    Away you rolling river
    The red man's camp lies on her borders
    Away, we're bound away across the wide
    Missouri

A white man loved an Indian maiden
    Away you rolling river
    With notions sweet his canoe was laden
    Missouri

O Shenandoah, I love your daughter
    Away you rolling river
    I'll take her 'cross the rolling water
    Missouri

The chief disdained the trader's dollars
    Away you rolling river
    My daughter never you shall follow
    Missouri

At last there came a Yankee skipper
    Away you rolling river
    He winked his eye, and he tipped his flipper
    Missouri

He sold the chief that fire-water
    Away you rolling river
    And 'cross the river he stole his daughter
    Missouri

O Shenandoah, I long to hear you
    Away you rolling river
    Across the wide and rolling water
    Missouri"
  6. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning. Revono, ever had to pull a calf? Busy day. Got regional transportation meeting to vote on NC's first toll road. Got some folks stired up. Have a good one.
  7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

A cows gestation is similar to a human it takes about 282 days. The actual birth can very to under a half hour to several hours. There are several factors such as the heifer size in relationship to the calf size. In rare occasions you might have to pull the calf to save both animals or in a worse case call the vet. I have been lucky and only had to pull a few but I never had to have a calf cut up by a vet yet in a worse case scenario. If you’re lucky they can do a c-section if not then the calf is destroyed to save the heifer. I know probably more info than you wanted to know.

Well I made my trip to Cumberland today and surprise one of the few times I did not see any trains. However on my way to watch my daughter at the district track meet I save a few grains cars on the siding at a large feed mill. I though it was strange that the tracks just ended near the main road with no bumpers. I thought a good push could send it off the tracks onto the road.

[FONT=&quot]I was very happy that my daughter made it to the PIAA District Track meet as a freshman. She ran the 100 meters and 4-100 relays. She place first for her school but 7th over all in both events. I just thought it was neat seeing her name and times up on the scoreboard[/FONT]
  8. Chief Eagles

Revono, how did we miss you at the great meeting in Harrisburg? How far are you from H'burg? The great GRITS RAID into Yankee land.
    [​IMG]

Notice the bowls of grits on the table. Ngauger ate his!!!!

We voted today to OK NC's first toll road.

Past bedtime. Batching it until Sunday as wife is off to Youngest's [actually to see Grandson] tomorrow AM. Ihave to babysit the boys [dogs].
  9. MadHatter

Thanks Revono.

Well our weather can't decide whether (sorry for the pun) or not to stay warm or cold. It's about medium warm during the day and at night a few of our Provinces are hitting the Zero mark.
  10. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Loading truck [nailer, nails, portable compressor, tools and pressure washer] to go to Frankie's for a day of work. Hatter, same down South. Closed greenhouse last night as nights are going to be cooler [not close to freezing] and seeds are germinating. Have a great day.
  11. MadHatter

This is quite cool. When I arrive at work @ 8 in the morning everyone on the other side of the Atlantic is going to bed. At around 3 (I think it's about 6 AM in the East of the U.S) the Gauge starts getting busy again.

By 5, just before I leave work there's a whole bunch of new posts to read!
  12. Straycat

Straycat Member

There's a woodpecker that loves our feeder. Wonder why they always have a red spot on their neck. :confused:
  13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Nothing to report.
  14. MadHatter

Tonight (Friday Night) I'm hosting my first train meeting- YIPPEE, I'm so excited!

Normally we either work on somebodies layout, operate, make some trees or buffer stops (since you can't buy South African buffer stops) or meet at someones layout (One that's more for sitting back and viewing, rather than operating) and talk nonsence.

Since I don't have a layout and am still getting everything together, I'm going to be showing a DVD on Miniatur Wunderland- A layout in Hamburg, Germany. Can you believe that a layout can be a cities number one tourist attraction? It sort of reminds me of reading back issues of Model Railroader where the guy (like many others) started liking trains when he saw that Lionel Set in the department store over Christmas.
  15. jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23 5/18/2007

Wind Chill: 60°F
    Humidity: 62%
    Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
    High: 60°F
    Low: 56°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 3mph NE

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Highs around 80. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

[​IMG]
  16. thumsup

thumsup Member

Hey Madhatter,
    How did the meeting go? sounds like fun.
    Joe
  17. Chief Eagles

Noon all. Busy morning. Got errands to run. Hope all have a great day. Good luck with the train meet.
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

Afternoon all. Got off work an hour ago. We cut out out pieces for 25 more desks today in about three hours. A lot of wood went across the table saw.
  19. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon everybody,

Been a while since I logged on. Just too busy this time of year to keep up with the forums. Chief sent me an email reminding me I hadn't posted for a while. Will try to do better.

Take care,
  20. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

John...Nice to see around...Come back more often and show us your trains..!!

Jeffrey...What kind of business are you in...?? I hear a lot of talk about desks...I work at a cabinet manufacturing business...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.