Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good Morning.

I have to take my parents dogs to the groomer this morning. That means two things. #1.) I'll be using my father's car (Mercury Tracer, tiny, way underpowered), #2.) I'll have to take time off from work to bring them back home.

I'll have a funeral to go to soon also. One of my fellow fire fighters died in his sleep the other night. At least he went peacefully.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/10/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 62°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph W

Today High: 82 Decreasing clouds. Patchy fog in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. Southwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

bacon.jpg

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Rained over night so we had to turn on the AC for a while this morning.
Last night we saw a train with 145 empty coal cars go by and on the other track going the other way was a train with full coal cars and a helper in the middle. Cheap entertainment.:mrgreen:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hi Everyone,
Sorry to hear about your fellow worker passing away, and at least he was able to move on peacefully.

EDIT: Ok, I have more to add to this but for some reason the thing auto-posted ??? Oh well, and back to what I was going to say:

2 months ago, my sister brought over a friend, and although I did tell her not to touch my trains, she (and this is just inference judging by what was found at the incident scene) aparently picked up my caboose and broke off one end detail, snaped off one of the step-ladders, and but a little dent in the corrner! Now, whatever happened, as I was running my train around a week later, I discover the damage, and after a little searching, find the missing end on the table w/ my transformer and the ladder on the ground 5 feet away (in a perfect spot for a foot to crush it, too)! Now, last night, after 15 tense minutes (this was a first experience for my dad and myself), CNW steel cuppola caboose No.100800 is back in service! The ladder is lopsided, but I think it adds a bit to the idea that it's been used (the model, a P2K one FYI, says it was built July 1941).

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

The weather today is right for a funeral and that's where I'll be heading at 2 pm today as the Sundown fire dept lays one of it's own to rest.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/11/2007

Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Gust: 5mph NNE

Now, May 11, 2007

High: 80

Very light rain or mist will persist across southeast Texas. A few light to moderate showers will also be possible...m mainly across the lakes region. Rainfall amounts will average just a few hundredths of an inch...with the showers producing up to a tenth of an inch. Over the coastal waters...scattered showers and thunderstorms will persist over the waters out to 60 nautical miles.

Today High: 80 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs near 80. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the sausage links today.

sausage1.jpg

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
The train traffic through town has doubled since we now have west to east bound trains. The Missouri River is rising and is full of debris. They might close the bridge in Jefferson City due to a runaway barge. What a mess.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Today's Weather for:

Leesville, LA 71446 5/12/2007
Live Conditions 6:21 AM
Fort Polk Airfield

Temp 64.0°F
Wind 0 mph

High: 69°F
Low: 64°F
Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 62°F
Gust: 6mph N

Today High: 88 Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Well I’m so hungry I could eat a horse and guess what no food in the house. I should say quick food. I’m just a little behind and I have been eating dust since 4pm. We could use a little rain but at the same time I can use a few more dry days to get all the fieldwork done.

At least all the equipment has held together and I didn’t have to stop to fix, weld or replace anything. Though some of those chisel points are wearing thin like a razor blade. The plan is to get a few areas of vegetables in tomorrow morning for the girls stand later this summer. Hopefully I can get the field and sweet corn later in the week.

I only get a half day tomorrow because the youngest has a soccer game out near the Pittsburgh Airport so that will take the rest of the day when you throw in all the driving time.

[FONT=&quot]Well it is 9:42PM and is in the high 60’s with the threat of rain. The sky is black. :) :)
[/FONT]

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/13/2007

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 88 Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

Steak and eggs please.
steakandeggs.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

I wouldn't be surprised if my bacon is a bit extra crispy today. My trailer took a direct lightning strike last night from the storms that were passing through. No harm done. The charge passed through the metal skin of the trailer (1.5 mm thick aircraft aluminum and 28 gauge steel) to ground. The trailer has steel skirting which is bolted to the trailer and buried in the ground, secured with copper rods every 5 feet.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/15/2007

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Gust: 11mph SE

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe with heavy rainfall...large hail and damaging winds in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

bacon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.