Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Gotta go mow my parents yard today. That's only 5 1/2 acres. How long can that take? Most of the morning? Oh well, things could be worse.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/30/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 85 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

I'll have scrambled eggs this morning.

scambledeggs.jpg

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. It is a warm 60's degree's here this morning at 9:07 a.m. I have nothing really planned for today. Might go and enjoy this nice weather we are finally getting. Have A Good Day Everyone.

jeffrey-wimberl

You know what today is don't you? It's the first of the month. That means my check is in the bank and it's time for a trip to the LHS! I'll be picking up a few items today. An Athearn PB2 locomotive among them.

Today's Weather for:

Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/1/2007

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.08"
Gust: 9mph SSW

Now through 09:00 AM CDT May 01, 2007

High: 85

Through 9 AM...a few showers and thunderstorms will move northeast at 30 mph across portions of central Louisiana. The majority of the activity will occur from eastern Vernon Parish into Rapides Parish...mainly between Leesville and Alexandria. A few lightning strikes and rainfall rates around one quarter of an inch per hour can be expected with this activity.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

I'll have the sausage today.

sausage1.jpg

And how about a little breakfast music from the Smiley band.

3smilieband.gif

And remember, things could be worse. You could be this guy!

dumb.gif

Chief Eagles

Morning. Busy day yesterday. Didn't get to check in. Pretty out side. Mow grass and service Ranger Bass Boat. Ran train until early this AM. Had fun. Have a good one.

Straycat

Just listening to a new cd of train songs call Mystery Train. Mostly bluegrass and country singers.

Casey Jones - Johnny Cash Listen
notes_clear._V47082447_.gif
Listen
2. Freight Train Boogie - Whitstein Brothers Listen
Listen
3. City Of New Orleans - Steve Goodman Listen
Listen
4. Mystery Train - Sleepy LaBeef Listen
Listen
5. The Cannonball - Carter Family Listen
Listen
6. Big Black Train - Flatt & Scruggs Listen
Listen
7. Red Ball To Natchez - Delmore Brothers And Wayne Raney Listen
Listen
8. Take The 'A' Train - Bob Wills And His Texas Playboys Listen
Listen
9. Waiting For A Train - Hank Snow Listen
Listen
10. Life's Railway To Heaven - Patsy Cline Listen
Listen
11. Old Train - Tony Rice Unit Listen
Listen
12. Bringin' In The Georgia Mail - Jim And Jesse Listen
Listen
13. Train - Stanley Brothers Listen
Listen
14. Last Cannonball - Mary McCaslin Listen
Listen

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Afternoon Everyone. It's a beautiful day here today. In the upper 70's. We are getting much nicer weather now. Been busy with things around the house and soon will be going outside to enjoy this weather. Have A Great Day Everyone.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
I came home at around noon and since it is in the mid 80's I gave the yard the first cut of the year. Read some of new posts on the name Zealot and had to run and get a beer to remind myself to stop reading and posting on those threads. :)

It looks like I should start some plowing later this afternoon with this great weather. Only one thing smells better than fresh turned earth - JD's Mega Smoke. :)

jeffrey-wimberl

I went to the LHS today and picked up a Kato ALCO RSC-2, an Athearn PB-2, a Santa Fe Canadian grain hopper, a 3-quart bag of dark green lichen, 4 bags of fine gray talus and 2 bags of WS fine turf (1 weeds and 1 burnt grass). Total cost $186.14

I got the two locos 30% off! How's that for some dealing.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Evening All from NE Ohio
where the temps have fallen big time and very big T Storms on the way. :(

Well it looks like we got our MTH members web page back up and running! :mrgreen:

Well the storms are getting too close, so we are pulling the plug. :|

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I went to the LHS today and picked up a Kato ALCO RSC-2, an Athearn PB-2, a Santa Fe Canadian grain hopper, a 3-quart bag of dark green lichen, 4 bags of fine gray talus and 2 bags of WS fine turf (1 weeds and 1 burnt grass). Total cost $186.14

I got the two locos 30% off! How's that for some dealing.

Too Cool!!! Great stuff!!! Post Pics when you can! :)

jefelectric

Hi Guys, Don't think this new forum software likes me. This is the first time I have been able to log on. In fact I just sent the Chief an email asking if he has been able to get on. I see now that he has been on. I've tried the same user name and password many times with no result. Tonight I thought I would give it one more try and WOW, I made it. Hope everyone has been well. I've been very busy with being at York week before last and then getting things taken care of in the greenhouse, garden and pond. Did run trains a bit.

Take care,

Chief Eagles

Morning. Glad you made it John. Pretty day outside. Atlas is my hero. Got an engine about 2 years old. Suddenly the horn started skipping notes [speaker was sputtering]. Then the next day the engine sounds started the same. Called Atlas [after pulling shelling and checking boards] and they said send it back AT NO CHARGE FOR REPAIRS. :-D Got to go get it packed and shipped. Have a good one.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/2/2007

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 67°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: 9mph S

Now through 10:00 AM CDT May 02, 2007

High: 82

Through 10 AM...a few showers and thunderstorms can be expected over central Louisiana from near Anacoco to Alexandria to Marksville. This activity will maintain an east movement near 25 mph.

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

I'll have the pancake today.

pancakes.jpg

Gil Finn

I have been resting all week and over doing it somewhat on a layout.

The last two days here were sunny and hot and I had all the windows open.

Today is a bit damp but still nice.

Bubbette has been most genorius to me regarding rest and playing with my trains.

I look forward to setting up the above ground pool, 4x16 feet for the summer and floating, grill'n out and lounging in the hamock between fishing and camping trips if the Lord gives me the gas and strength to do all that.

Atlast one summer I think I will get to enjoy.

Later this month I have a Thurdsay appointmnet at the UVA Med Center so we will head down to hatteras from they for a 3 day weekend, Lord enableing.

jeffrey-wimberl

It's bad weather all day today. This is good layout work weather.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/3/2007

Wind Chill: 65°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 65°F
Rain: 0.07"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 17mph SW

Today High: 80 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds...heavy rainfall and frequent lightning in the morning. Highs around 80. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

I'll have the French toast today.

french-toast.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Some pics of my new acquisitions.

An Athearn BB ALCO PB-2.

pb2-1.jpg

A Kato ALCO RSC-2.

rsc2-1.jpg

I also got this nice shiny new grain hopper.

santafehopper.jpg

After a wash of black leather dye and 70% alcohol it's not so shiny now.

santafehopper1.jpg

Oh boy! The taggers have struck! Darn kids!

tagged-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.