Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/19/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 56°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 53°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NE

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Highs near 80. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

pancakes.jpg

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Good Afternoon All!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes on this cool sunny morning.
I just return from my morning walk and while taking my "rest" at the T&OC station I saw 3 NS trains and one W&LE I only took 2 pictures.
Well some things never die..There is 2 guys trying to start a Proto87 club..This makes the third or fourth try and I wish them luck again even tho' I suspect it will fail---again.Gotta admire their spirit though.
Well I shall have a cup and look over the forum.
Have a good day all! :thumb:

erikstoll

Apr 19, 2007
good evening from cold, and snowy nevada?
its april... and still snowing in the reno area
what the hell?

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Hi everyone, still pretty busy here....ground is ready for plowing so I have to get the garden ready tomorrow. Butchering a couple of pigs on Sunday and still have to get the boat ready for fishing.

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/20/2007

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 57°F
Gust: 3mph ENE

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds.
Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have bacon and eggs today.
bacon.jpg

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
I am so jealous of you gardeners, our yard is big but there are lots of moles, grubs, rabbits, squirrels, mice, cats.We even have a few turtles roaming around. It's a real menagerie, but not flat enough for a real garden. I keep a bird feeder stocked so we have plenty of birds. We could have our own baseball team with all the cardinals and blue jays.:D

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Snowing in Reno!!!!!!!!! Tanker, gorund thaughed in your area???? Pretty out today. Got to ride the JD and mow. Garden beds done and ready for planting. Missed the rain that was forecast. Would know as added fertilizer to lawn. Have a good one.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Hey Cat, I spend about $70 amonth on bird food [black oil, suet and thissle]. That is really great when you go out in the morning and there is lots of singing going on. Got pesty squirrels that raid the feeders and my pecan trees. About pecan season, the .17 or .22 thins out a few. Enjoy the birds.

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Chief Eagles said:
Hey Cat, I spend about $70 amonth on bird food [black oil, suet and thissle]. That is really great when you go out in the morning and there is lots of singing going on. Got pesty squirrels that raid the feeders and my pecan trees. About pecan season, the .17 or .22 thins out a few. Enjoy the birds.
I buy the big bags at Lowes, the birds spread the sunflower seeds around so I have those growing in various places. :rolleyes:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Bird feeders here quickly become squirrel feeders. Them pesky things are really smart.

Today's Weather for:

Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/21/2007

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 54°F
Gust: 3mph ESE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 58 Increasing clouds. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have a cheese and mushroom omelet this morning.

cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Hi all, got about a 1/3 of the garden plowed, got seed yesterday. We had some rain last night, have thunder and lighting now. Did get a couple of cherries planted.

Went and got some hog panel and fence post yesterday, going to put 4 feeders in for the summer. Looking at a couple of beef feeders too.

Rick

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Afternoon. Went to Early Church and Sunday School. Pretty day out. Want to transplant some plants into garden. Still conditioning them to the sun. High pressure came through and fish turned off. Grandson on the way from Wilmington. Will introduce him to trains. Tanker, reminds me of when I lived in the more rural part of the county. Had cows and horses. Wife wants us to move to a more rutral setting and have cows, goats, horse and sheep. Not for food and etc but for pets!!:rolleyes: Train time.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Guten Morgen und guten Tag zu Ihnen.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/23/2007

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 65°F
Gust: 8mph SSE

Now through 06:15 AM CDT April 23, 2007

High: 82

Through 6 AM...isolated showers will affect portions of central and southern Louisiana...generally along and east of a line from deridder to pecan island. Only a trace of rainfall is expected with these showers as they move off to the north at 30 mph.

Today High: 82 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

The breakfast bar is open!

breakfastbar.jpg

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
We were suppose to get rain but it never happened, maybe Tuesday.
Albert Pujols hit a homer Sunday to win the game for the Cardinals.
Anybody watch that show "Planet Earth"? It's an excellent show about our planet.
Some creepy looking creatures in the ocean and in caves. Missouri is suppose to be the cave state. We see bats flying around at dusk eating bugs in the summer.
The six am train was a few minutes late this morning.They had a scare at the train yard on Saturday in Jefferson City. A tanker was leaking and they had to evacuate a few blocks, one which has the governors mansion. He was out of town.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Chief Eagles said:
Morning all. Slept late [one of the good things about retirement]. Do have an event at Bass Pro this Thursday thru Sunday in Charlotte. Pretty day here. Got to get moving. Have a good one.
How far a walk is it to Charlotte for ya??? :D :D :D

See??? Every once in a while - I find time to stop by the Caboose :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.