Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Cloudy and cold over here this morning. Keeps threatening to rain but no luck. Busy helping a new buddy of mine design the benchwork for his layout. We are going to make it in his garage.

We will raise it by mounting I- Beams on either end of the benchwork and attach a rolling mechanism. It will be 6m long x 1,8m wide.

Keep well.............

jeffrey-wimberl

I'm hoping to get some layout work done today. I've got the base paint done, now I have to start applying scenic material over it.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 3/24/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph SSE

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs around 80. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Decreasing clouds. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Pancakes and coffee today.

pancakes.jpg
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Mmmmm, yummy!!!!- I'll take Hot Chocolate though, not much of a tea totaler or coffee lover. I do however like "Moer Koffie" (Afrikaans for Nuts- as in nuts and bolts) taking fresh beans and putting it over the fire to boil,
then add some condensed milk- mmmmmmmm!

Chief Eagles

Morning from PA. At Bass Pro Shops. Today is the gathering at 1 at Doc Holiday's in Harrisburg for the train gang. Hope NGauger can make it [and anyone else]. Raining the whole time. went out to visit jefelectric [John] the other afternoon. Great visit and took photos. Have a good one.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
...........Already plotting the course, Getting the GPS batteries replaced - got some nice Geocaches for the trip home :) ..

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I should roll in around 12:45 :) :) :) :)

jefelectric

Well lunch with the Chief is history. We had a nice time and did a little railfaning at the Enola yards of NS, ex PRR. Three on the picture are from this forum. First on the left is the Chief, third on left is Mikey (N Gauger) and I am second on the right. Others are from CTT forum.

47b7dd05b3127cce8222f37c79cc00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd05b3127cce8222f2d839f000000017100QYtmrhwzYsU
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd05b3127cce8222f2d839f000000017100QYtmrhwzYsU
Pair of UP engines crossing the famed Rockville Bridge.

47b7dd05b3127cce8222f371f8f100000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

Engine from the Chief's favorite road.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd05b3127cce8222f371f8f100000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
It was a great time meeting everyone :) :) Even though they were speaking in a foreign language... HiRailers, 3-rails... etc.... sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Too much Fun!! Lots of Great conversation.. and always great to see the "Faces behind the Names"!!!!! :D :D :D

Chief Eagles

Big coup on the YANKS. Notice the bowls of GRITS [not mentioned by the Yanks] sitting at everyone's plate. Should have seen everyone of their faces when waiter came out and started putting out bowls of grits and said, "I understand you guys love GRITS." :D :thumb:

Really had a great time. Sun is out this AM. Off to the store and then flight home. Have a good one.

brakie

Good Afternoon All!
I hope the coffee is still fresh.
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes on this warm Spring morn.

I took my morning walk and of course took a 3 hour "rest" at the T&OC station and talked to old friends as we waited on NS to run 'em. Sadly 4 trains in 3 hours isn't exactly "running 'em"..I understand there is a back up of trains waiting to enter the Bellevue yard and several backed up outbound trains as well.
I plan on going back if things gets busier..
I shall have a cup and look over the forum.
Have a good day all!

jefelectric

Good afternoon,

Beautiful day here, got near 60 & sunny. Spent some time in the greenhouse transplanting some seedlings. Also uncovered the pond filter & cleaned it with wife's help and she took out the heater. She also got out the porch furniture which usually brings on a batch of bad weather. :D

Might actually run some trains later. I started putting people in some passenger cars and may finish one of those.

oldtanker

Afternoon all, gald you guys had a good time! Its even better cause you had grits and I didn't even have to see any!!!!!!

Was in the 60s, got part of the ceiling up in one room, goann finish that tomorrow and hope to finish up the last of the tearout too. Did get most of the new pantry built too.

I did put some details on a DCC Atlas GP38 BNSF that I got throught Combat on one of the group buys!....other than that just working one the house.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.