Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Just got more layout work on tap for today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/21/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Now through 02:00 AM CST February 21, 2007

Low: 58

Through 2 AM...patchy light rain or sprinkles moving east can be expected across the region...with more activity from the Interstate 10 corridor south into the gulf waters.
rest of this AM Low: 58 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

oldtanker

WOOHOO!!!!! Instead of getting to 35 we hit 41!!!!! This morning start at 29!

More work on the house today...just tear out.

Have a great day everyone.

Rick

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Been up since 5:30. Wide awake. Drinking coffee and watching train DVD's. Stuffed up with a cold. Had fever last night. Getting drousy now so "reclinerize" for a while. Staying in even though it is real warm outside. Later

pennman

Hey guys, been away most of the last weekin Dalton GA. visiting Grand kids, getting big quick.

Came back to TN and it was 68deg yesterday and suppose to be 70 deg out today..Yeah ha... Bad thing is means ime to start the outside work.

Got some great pics from over at DEBUTTS yard and some from GA will post them soon.

Rick glad to hear the kid is doing better.

Yall have fun,
Tony

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Just an idea

jefelectric said:
Good evening,

At the present time I am not planning to use the catenary to carry power, but it is being installed so that it can be used if I change my mind, never say never.

Just an idea: In real life when electric locos go past a joint in the catinary- or rather the pantographs- they make a spark.

A friend of mine has immitated this on his layout by attaching two tiny LEDs over where technicaly a joint would be- i.e. points. When the electric locos go past this point they create a connection to the LEDs and they flash- the reason he used two LEDs is because they only operate with current flowing one direction through them.

When other trains, like diesel or steam, go past they obviously do not make contact so in turn won't immitate the spark- I will post some pics when I visit him later next week.

Now we just have to immitate the flames coming out of the exhausts of his
diesel electrics- only visible @ night in real life. :thumb:

Keep well all.....................

P.S. I'm so angry, they tried breaking in my car the other night. :curse:

oldtanker

:thumb: Tony, great for you, grandkids are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they do grow so fast! One second they lay there, mess up diapers, cry and eat......the next they are talking, walking and learning to love trains (if grandpa has the patientssign1 )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

oldtanker

Catinary??? Very scary!!!! Too many soldiers have died (safety briefings were held, warnings given...but mistakes were made) from those in Germany while rail loading vehicles!

Just so you know.

Rick

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Be afraid Be very afraid, mwahahaha!!

oldtanker said:
Catinary??? Very scary!!!! Too many soldiers have died (safety briefings were held, warnings given...but mistakes were made) from those in Germany while rail loading vehicles!

Just so you know.

Rick

oldtanker, that is a very true statement you made there.... That is why it is imperitive to make sure your track is near perfect and, unless your friends know how, only you put and remove locos from the layout, otherwise all that hard work putting up the catinary is wasted- don't be scared, just careful. :thumb: :D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hi everyone
Been sick for the past two days, been miserable for I had to rest in bed and I couldn't say hi to everyone:D The elevator with the decals from:curse: is almost done for my dad and I just need to assemble it. My dad, however, says he won't let it be put on the layout untill we put some real dirt on the roof peices (a bad side effect from our visit to the Johnny's Toys model expo) to make it "really real". Personaly I think it's fine as-is because we've painted the :) out of the roof. Oh, well. It's gonna look good when it's done:D . I haven't been able to post pics because of our ad-block program thinggy ended up to be so dang corupted (it mad all our files ".ink"!) and the pics were destoyed in the end. I can still take some pics though:thumb: :D sign1

CNWman

jefelectric

Good evening,

CNW man, I hope you are feeling better.

Found a package when I got home this eveing. Here is what was in it.

i75B28417-606D-401E-BC9E-F2C8274ACBCA.jpg

New Beep from Jeff at Mega-Steam. This is a special run he had made. Gave it a test run around the layout pulling two Atlas Diecast hoppers and an MTH caboose. Zipped right along, also great slow speed operation. Put it on the shelf until I get time to install TMCC.

Rick & MadHatter, Yes the real Catenary can be dangerous. Had two teenagers get burned very severly not far from here about 2 years ago, they were climbing on freight cars sitting under wire. They won a big lawsuit not long ago, bunch of crap, they were old enough to know better.

Take care all,

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Foggy and warm. Was 73 yesterday [tied record]. Feel horrible with cold. Off to airport to get rental car. Got to get there and gone before George W gets there. He screws up the whole place each time he comes here.
John F, will have dome direction to a restaurant in Harrisburg PA. We are going to have a gathering of train guys [lots from CTT forum] at lunch on March 24. All in the area are invited. Will give more details [or John will] as they develope.
Off to Myrtle Beach SC Bass Pro Shops for weekend. Have a good one.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
jefelectric said:
Rick & MadHatter, Yes the real Catenary can be dangerous. Had two teenagers get burned very severly not far from here about 2 years ago, they were climbing on freight cars sitting under wire. They won a big lawsuit not long ago, bunch of crap, they were old enough to know better
jefelectric, I was refering to model form as well, since it is finiky to work with them if you are trying to rerail or pick up rollingstock- had a similar case when I was still a chef on a tour train, students had booked the train for a fat party, one guy got drunk and desided he wanted to train surf or sit on the roof- needless to say he had 25 000 Volts AC go through him, and he turned green (not with envy of course).

Oy silly people out there! :curse:

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
jefelectric said:
Rick & MadHatter, Yes the real Catenary can be dangerous. Had two teenagers get burned very severly not far from here about 2 years ago, they were climbing on freight cars sitting under wire. They won a big lawsuit not long ago, bunch of crap, they were old enough to know better
jefelectric, I was refering to model form as well, since it is finiky to work with them if you are trying to rerail or pick up rollingstock- had a similar case when I was still a chef on a tour train, students had booked the train for a fat party, one guy got drunk and decided he wanted to train surf or sit on the roof- needless to say he had 25 000 Volts AC go through him, and he turned green (not with envy of course).

Oy silly people out there! :curse:

pennman

Hey yall,whats going on out there? Been a great weekso far herein Tn warm and sunny for the most part guess spring is around the corner.

Big push coming up this weekend to finish the rooms and then a break till we get some money together for the cabinets.
Well Yall have a good one,
Tony

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
We are having funny weather down here, it was cold last week, now we're having a heatwave and now there is a cyclone going through Mozambique (A country 600km North East of us). We never get any tornados, twisters, huricans, etc. over here!

oldtanker

HI all saw about 32 today but supposed to get hit with 4-12 " of the white stuff over the weekend with 25-25 mph winds. Looks like I'm going to have to plow snow afterall.....

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.