Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Good afternoon,

We are having a heat wave. Already 36, was only predicted to get to 33, we'll take it.

Chris, I probably will not be able to help you much on the catenary since I am in O gauge. I have been using MTH's catenary system with some modifications. I under stand there are several systems available for HO, including some from Europe. I did post some pictures on this tread earlier, but will post again when I get a chance to take pictures of the new section.

I've been working on a few projects at the bench today. Flat car load, office interior & billboard sign.

Plants in the green house are comming along. Geraniums are getting first geranium shaped leaves with some color in the center. The impatients are starting to come up. As soon as it is safe to take the geraniums off of the heat mats, I will be starting some other seeds. No sign yet of the early tomato seeds sprouting. I used some left over seed from last year, hope they come up. Old seed is not usually a problem with tomatoes but you never know.

Enjoy your trains,

CNWman

CNW Fan
09330000002927.gif

This 3 day weekend will see the construction of this building take place! I plan on taking pics for all of you people, so you can see my main industry take shape! The gray thing extending out of the building is part of the actual mill, which I will not build for price and size restriction reasons.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
jeffrey-wimberl said:
I'll have the french toast today.
french-toast.jpg

And I'll be snacking on some of these throughout the day.
donuts_4.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I can almost smell the french toast and donuts :D

oldtanker

Morning all. Currently 16 supposed to get to 22.......35 tomorrow!!!! Guess I better start getting the boat ready....with 18" to 24" of ice on the lakes it will be a while.....LOL.

Going to do some more on the house today, got a little done yesterday then took my other half out for dinner.

Have a great day all!

Rick

jefelectric

Good evening,

CNWman, That looks like an ambitious project for a weekend. Be sure to post some pics of the finished product.

I did complete the catenary on my double track section.

Now I have about 24 feet of single track to complete the main line. Then I can run my electrics with the pantographs up.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Well....

It's almost complete, we just need to do one last thing: asemble it:eek:ops: sign1 :D Applying the decals and weathering the roof peices were longer than anticipated, so the assembly will take place either tomorow or next weekend available. We also plan on gluing the track on the baseplate of the elevator after removing the offending ties so it won't be nessisary to try to hold the building up to the track while we try to plan how to put the cork down:thumb: The only other problem we faced: The structure is suposed to LOAD the mill instead of the cars!:eek: We made up some story to explain why it was loading grain handling cars instead:D . That is the latest from 9 Newssign1

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Got in before dark. Wife had hot soup waiting. Ready for bed. Flew home with lots of Mickey's little friends. One cried almost all the way. Orlando was cold and windy all weekend. REAL windy here now. Hawling.

Hey "NG", site is gettting real slow lately. Almost did not post as it was taking so long to get here.

Chat tomorrow AM.

oldtanker

Morning all. 19, the wind has died and supposed to get above freezing..33 today!!!!!!!!!

Going to take the granson who burnt his arm in for a checkup...he seems to be doing very good and it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Have a great day all!

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. The temp here this morning was 35 and is expected to reach a high of 65 today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/19/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 30°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph SE

High: 65 °F
Low: 56 °F

Today High: 65 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph this morning...increasing to 15 to 20 mph and gusty this afternoon.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Ham and eggs today.

HAMEGGS.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Cold last night but warming. Tanker, hope Grandson's arm turns out OK. Want to run some trains this AM. Got to do expenses. Got Town meetings all afternoon and then Mended Hearts tonight. Busy first day back home. Off to Myrtle Beach SC on Thursday [drive to that event]. LAter

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well - I'm "Customizing" the new truck already :D :D 2005 Ranger..... Built the "Storage box for the back so I can carry "Little things' without them rolling around the bed... :)

Oldtanker - Hope the grandson will be ok soon :)

jefelectric

Good afternoon,

Welcome home Chief.

Still lots of ice on local roads. I used one today that was still completely covered, not a glimpse of blacktop. Need that 40 & 50 degree weather they are predicting for the next 3 days.

Off to the TCA museum Tuesday and Wednesday.

This afternoon I took my 11 year old grandson shopping. When a grandchild turns 12. we buy them a gun or something else of equal value so we went shopping for a rifle. Ended up with a Kimber 7mm/08 with Bushnell scope & Browning sling + 2 boxes of Ammo. Of course now he has to wait till his birthday which is April 4th. That will give him ample time to practice as the family has a hog hunt booked in SC in June. Dad, Mom and the two boys all hunt, I doubt if little sister will be a hunter, more of the indoor type. That is the last of the grandsons, but 4 more granddaughters comming along, I think one of those may be a hunter.

Take care,

Gil Finn

Still cold here, main roads are clear and it seems to be a thaw in the works.

I hope so.

I have been working on car kits this week.

oldtanker

Update on the grandson. His arm is coming along fine with only 2 very small open spots. As long as there is no sign of infection we don't have to take him back in to see the doc!!!

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Rick

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
That's great news steel on steel.

jefelectric- Quick question, do your electric locos work off the catinary, if not are you planning to convert them?

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.
Today's Weather for:

Ft Polk, LA 71459 2/20/2007
Live Conditions 8:48 AM
Fort Polk Airfield
Wind: 10 mph
Temp: 63.0°F
Switch to Celsius
Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 21mph SSW

High: 72 °F
Low: 55 °F
Now through 10:00 AM CST February 20, 2007
High: 72

Through 10 AM...patches of very light rain and sprinkles will move east at 35 mph across portions of southeast Texas...central and southern Louisiana...as well as the adjacent coastal waters. Rain amounts will be very light and range from a trace to a few hundredths of an inch.

Today High: 72 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Good news Tanker on the Grandson. Just realized, have not had time to visit trainroom since last Wednesday evening. Going right now. Got to start seeds in greenhouse and prune grape vines. Need to "break" garden and put in lime. Off to Myrtle Beach SC BPS Thursday. Got to get busy.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Wanted to wait till now - to post - -

announce1 We're at 44 degrees!!!!!!!!!! :) :) FINALLY after 2 weeks of sub freezing weather... :) :)

~~ Talk about a bunch of people that don't know how to cope with cold!!! wall1 wall1

jefelectric

MadHatter said:
That's great news steel on steel.

jefelectric- Quick question, do your electric locos work off the catinary, if not are you planning to convert them?

Good evening,

At the present time I am not planning to use the catenary to carry power, but it is being installed so that it can be used if I change my mind, never say never.

Rick, That's good news about the grandson.

Alan d Lambert

Hey Jefelectric,

I saw a layout that had the catenary wire as the power sorce for his trolley and it ran good. The only problem they were having was the one module they needed to make the comlete turnaround didn't make the show. We had snow and ice so this guy didn't make the trip. Glad your thinking about the power option. I'm running my s gauge around a n oval until I can get something permanent set up I got space limits that kill me. Oh I'm talking about Texas weather, We don't get frozen stuff that much and peple don't know how to drive in it. Thanks Alan Lambert

Status
Not open for further replies.