Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Glad to hear you're OK :) Good News!! :) :)
  2. N Gauger

Yeah - unless - like our school district, they have a call tree, they actually call you to let you know you can sleep in a few more LOL

I'll be thinking of you - I dont work at a school, but I'm "Essential Personnell" - -I HAVE to go.. i run the supply department (Ice foe and Rock Salt) :)

They need me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all. -4 supposed to be about 10.

The grandson is a downs kid. He was born with a very bad heart defect almost 3 years ago. That was right after VA told me I couldn't work anymore so I did day care for him and his older brother. After 4 months he was big enough for them to fix his heart and there has been no keeping him down.

The other day while grandma was watching him and his brother he slid a chair into the kitchen and pulled a coffee pot down on himself. 2nd degree burns on his arm. Mostly treatable at home but because of his heart with the possibility of infection he has to see his doc x2 a week. He's doing find and the arm doesn't seem to bother him.

As far as my house project I've managed to stockpile a lot of stuff. Been doing most of the cutting outside and its just too cold to get much done when it's -10 to -20. I did start building more cupboards Saturday and doing more today.

Chief glad things turned out good for you.

Have a great day all.

Rick
  4. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all/ Off to a meeting for the Town. Work trip to Orlando Thursday will be a vacation after this past week and yesterday. Prayers for your Grandson Tanker. Might rain today. OH, saw the number of replies to this thread. Funny, almost that many in a month and a half on the CTT forum. Its a real busy thread over there. Have a good one.
  5. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Good for you Chief.
  6. N Gauger

Sending well wishes and prayers his (and your) way!! :D

Snow here - until tmorrow, broken up with a bout of sleet and freezing rain later today :(
    I just might have to go out and shovel :( :(
  7. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

Best wishes on a healthy recovery for your grandson Rick. School was closed for all of northeast Indiana today, so I got a day off to be made up at a later date. I went to school anyway to take care things that do not seem to get done when school is in session.

Everyone have a great day I did.:D
  8. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon,

Looks like we have about 5" so far, still snowing but it has been very slow all day since about 5 AM. Went out a while ago to blow off the drive and walks. The snow blower is actiing up. Starts and runs fine until you put a load on it and then it dies, no power, quit after a few passes. Might be fuel filter clogged, not sure. Will let grandson take a look at it tomorrow, if no school. Neighbor finished off my drive for me.

Rick, Will pray for a quick recovery for the grandson. Don't blame you for not wanting to run outside to make cuts in that kind of weather.

Chief, Don't overdo it with that hand. Take it easy, I know that is hard for you to do, but try.

I spent all morning and part of the afternoon organizing and getting rid of some magazines, what a job.

Enjoy the trains,
  9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, just a quick hi and thanks for the concern over my grandson.

bout -18 again....out the door, MRI at VA on my neck this morning. No big deal herniated disks and bone spurs.

Rick
  10. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

I had a busy morning cleaning off my sidewalk and for three other people that can't get out and do it. No school again today:cry:, maybe I'll find some time to work on train stuff.
  11. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Raining. Big TStorm lasty night. Thunders in the winter, means snow in 10 days. Glad all you Yanks are getting the snow. sign1 Hope all the sick are doing better. Tanker, had a spur removed from my neck in 03. Got another one "growing" on the other side. Got to shampoo downstairs carpet today and pack. Off to Orlando tomorrow AM. Back on the tour. :cry: Will miss working on the RR. Have a good one and stay warm.
  12. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning, how's every little thing today.
    Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/14/2007
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 29°F
    Humidity: 70%
    Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
    High: 38°F
    Low: 36°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 23mph NNE

High: 44 °F
    Low: 30 °F
    Today High: 45 Mostly cloudy. Colder. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds around 10 mph.
    Tonight Low: 30 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 30. Light and variable winds becoming north around 10 mph after midnight.
    My breakfast order is for a cheese and mushroom omelet.
    [​IMG]
  13. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Happy Valentine's Day people! Today is my very first back-to-back snowday! Yesterday was called off because of snow, and today because yesterday it rained sleet down like the dickens and all of that froze to ice!Can't do anything on the shed though, dad doesn't want me to screw up the decals. I'll probably try to scratch-build a store or something. As my gift to everyone I will post the last three parts of my story today:thumb:

Cheers,
    CNWman
  14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Did you use Stay Bill when you stored it in the spring?

Might be bad or dirty gas. Even a little in the carb or fuel lines is a problem even when you add fresh.
  15. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Old Tanker, better get a one cup coffee maker or something.

At that age you cant keep up with them.
  16. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon,

Nasty weather here. Snow than sleet & rain, now snowing again. Looks like another day mostly indoors for me. Temps taking a dive again, now 20 degrees.

Working on my catenary project again, had some help from 13 year old grandson, got most of the shelf, connecting sectiion, done. Hardest part yet to do as most get up on the layout to do a portion of the remainder.

Had son and his family up for pizza and hot wings this evening. They spent the day cleaning drives and walks at his business and then his home and everyone's drive on the street. Mostly older people (like me) so they really appreciate it.

Gil, I think you are right on the snow blower, he worked at it a while, but it is really tought to get to the way it is designed. I had him put it back together and will get it picked up and serviced before the next snow. I normally put sta-bill (however it is spelled) in the tank at the end of the season, but I think I fouled up. We had such a mild winter last year that I never used the blower so probably ddn't add the sta-bill).

Take care,
  17. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

oh yes, we had brilliant snow and ice today, so no school i hope its a delayed tommorow, if it isn't still closed.
  18. pennman

pennman Member

Hey guys, Glad to see I'm not alone.Lots of ice and sleat around here as well. So much for the warm south its been in the single digits at night and the low 20's during the day.

Well got the laundry done!!! thought I was going to move in there But was told other wise somehow I bought I new washer and drier.hmmm (dont remember buying that??)
    well shes happy, gotmore floor tile laid and a good part of the painting done,now comes the fun of the cabinets..

Yall have fun now,
    TONY
  19. Chief Eagles

Snow? I was out in shirt sleeves and enjoying the sun. About 4 PM the wind got up and it was almost freezing by dark. Wind blew hard all night. Getting ready to go to the airport and fly to Orlando. Will be at Bass Pro Shops until Sunday afternoon. Keep the pot going til I get back. Stay warm.
  20. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone. Thanks for the concern over my grandson!

-17 this morning. We are supposed to be in the +20s tomorrow.

Another of my hobbies is collecting and restoring old Wheel Horse garden tractors so this if for you guys with small engine troubles.

Stay bill (spell) is only good for about 90 days then the gas will start to turn (read the label). If you check almost any engines storage instructions you will find that they recommend that you drain the fuel tank then start and run it till it dies to get all of the gas out of the system. Because of my area and storage times due to seasons we see it all the time, boat motors, lawn mowers and jet skis that will not run after sitting 6 months and snow blowers and snow mobiles that....wont run after sitting 6 months. I know several of the local small engine shops pretty well. These guys say that their bread and butter are the guys that leave fuel, treated and untreated in their toys.

Have a great day!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.