Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

2. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MadHatter
    Off Topic SORRY!! Conrailmike, that train in your signature did you make it yourself, or did you go to a website to buy it? If you did make it, do you take requests??

That's right, the GIF's aren't mine. They are available from here: http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm You have to have a place to host them and be able to link to them. Just remember, you can't have over 500 characters in your signature. All I did was save them to my hard drive and then upload them to my photobucket account.
  3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Software is dragging lately??? Hit reply and it takes for ever. Busy I guess. Great job on the F3. Gil, hope everything is OK by now. Had to leave buddy's and rush to hospital for Mom [90]. Not as serious as her hometown DR. made out. Probably bring her home [50 miles from me] tomorrow AM. Out the door to go there now. Have a good one.
  4. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Thanks Conrailmike.
  5. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the fire!

Cold here too this morning, surprisingly 26 degrees at 9:30... wow! Guess its time to start my day!
  6. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Afternoon everyone, nope, didn't sleep in......was out of the house at 5:30 to Fargo for mutipal VA Appts.

Was -20 and is now -4......weather man lied he said it should be +5 about now......

Gil hope everything is ok!

Chief hope all is well with mom!

Rick
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all. WOOHOOO!!!! HEAT WAVE!!!! its about -13..... should get in the +s.

Have a great day all.

Rick
  8. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Good Lord sure changed my schedule. On the road again to get Mom from hospital. Get her settled. She says she will be OK at home. Rush back this PM and get MIL [on the way back] and bring her to Rolesville. Wife and MIL are going to Youngest's for weekend. I will rest and run trains tonight [I HOPE]. Up early tomorrow AM for Town Board Retreat in Raleigh. That makes me miss the TCA train meet in Raleigh. :cry: Leave the retreat early so I can meet with son of widow lady who own's my pond lease. Hope to get first right of refusal on that property. Go check on Mom Sunday. Get hand operated on Monday [skin cancer removed]. Going to use that as excuse to rest Tuesday and Wednesday [run trains!!! :D ]. Fly to Orlando Thursday thru Sunday. Bass Pro Shops/ Cabela's circuit starts. Will be gone every Thursday thru Sunday from then until last of March and a few weeks in April. Hey, I'm retired!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Have a g ood one.
  9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Chief, let me get this straight:confused: . You go to the Bass Pro/Cabela's circuit:thumb: .....in warm places:cool: ....and yer complaining....hamr

Gee I sould be so lucky!

Rick
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Of course he's complaining; he's retired! (so he sez).
    Chief do you get up to Canada or just the southern shops?
  11. Alan d Lambert

Alan d Lambert Member

hey Chief,
    Sounds like you want to goof off some. Iused to until my uncle moved and sold his lake house on the lake with boat dock. One heck of a fishing hole. don't get sunburned down in Florida, remember water acts like a mirror.
  12. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
    Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/10/2007
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 32°F
    Humidity: 77%
    Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
    High: 37°F
    Low: 37°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 8mph NNE

High: 55 °F
    Low: 36 °F
    Today High: 52 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.
    Bacon and eggs today.
    [​IMG]
  13. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Got to miss the TCA train meet for a Town Board retreat. :cry: :curse: Should tell them I am sick and go anyway. On my travels. Not gone to Canada to BPS. Have done Rogers, MN and Richfield, WI. Done and going to Bosie ID. Worked Detroit [Albun Hills] BPS. This year, Harrisburg PA will be as far north as I will go [so far] and Bosie the fartherest west. Did go to Pam Springs and San Diego for West Marine Dealer Show last year. Got most of my shows so I can drive a rental for this year. Got 40,000+ miles with US Airways in two years and I fly others too. Trying not to fly so much this year. Cold here this AM. Got to run trains as I cleaned my rifle real good from the ohter day's shooting. Had not had time as running up and down the highway with Mom in hospital [90]. Got her home and doing OK yesterday PM. Now I have surgery on my right hand on Monday. Got a skin cancer the size of a dime and getting real tall. Be glad to get that out. Now to the real coffee pot. Later.
  14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Mornin all. bout -18, supposed to get to 0.

Chief if ya ever to the rogers show again let me know. Hope the surgery goes well.

Going to take the wife out to dinner tonight with friends.

Have a great day everyone!

Rick
  15. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Mroning All from NE Ohio
    where the temp is 7 deg and head into the 20's for the first time in weeks!.. :D

Chief - when are you ever coming to the Cleveland area or at least thru it. :rolleyes: This week we have to make our trip back up to Grand Rapits. :curse:

Last night at our OTTS meeting we played with a 1934 Loinel Jr. Boy did it run good. :thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :wave:
  16. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Weather's gone to he.. in a hand basket. Cold front came thru - dropped all the way to upper 40's (Bbbrrrrr...) and brought buckets of rain & thunder....

Tom, that's the sweetest little engine I've ever seen...!!! Looks like the little engine that could...

Thanks for sharing.:thumb:
  17. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Morning everyone. 17 degrees out, at least it's above zero! As I type, CSX is going through the back yard, looks like mixed freight with a HLCX unit on the head end. Started to plan the BIG layout for the second floor of the garage, may not come to fruition for a few years, but I have to have a plan don't I? :D That just leaves more time for a diorama or a small layout in the basement. :thumb: Gotta run, have a good one....
  18. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Hi guys,
    Just checking in to see what is happening.

Not much action here, so take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  19. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

Hey its cold here and I have exceeded my needed calories for the day, you have any hot Earl Grey tea? :)

Hi everyone! I enjoy reading this thread when I get a chance!
  20. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Hey lo folks,
    Haven't been out in a few hours but last I did, it was freezing, 26 I think. the Grain elevator is delayed for my grandparents visiting. got my Scout Troop's 75th anerversary tomorow at 10:50 AM for the rechartering, so it's gonna be heck getting up. I've posted the first chapter of my train mystery in it's thread, please read and comment.
    Cheers,
    CNWman (the man who wants to have an HO Mavis:oops: sign1 )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.