Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Morning everybody. It's actuall 4 above zero this morning, maybe a high close to 20 today. Woo Hoo, heat wave! Looking foward to 3 more weeks of layoff time....more time to drive the wife nuts and work on trains :D Have a good one...

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
MadHatter said:
Off Topic SORRY!! Conrailmike, that train in your signature did you make it yourself, or did you go to a website to buy it? If you did make it, do you take requests??
Looks like his 'train' is really six separate images. :cool:

To be more specific, it looks like he has linked images hosted on photbucket six times in a row, although there are only three unique images: the two engines and a hopper. No secrets are safe here. :D :wave:

sign1

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning. Work continues on the E8. Today I'll be doing the trimwork, decal work and detailing.

Today's Weather for:

Leesville, LA 71446 2/7/2007

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SSW

Low: 45 °F

Now through 09:00 AM CST February 07, 2007

High: 72

Through 9 AM...areas of dense fog will continue to form across inland southeast Texas...western and southwestern Louisiana. Visibilities will drop greatly to less than a quarter of a mile over a short distance...making driving conditions hazardous this morning. The areas of fog will be lifting between 8 and 9 AM.

High: 72

Today: Partly sunny. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the ham and eggs today.

HAMEGGS.jpg

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Had a fire in the garge last night from a heating tape but I put it out.

Now the car is frozen inplace from the ice and I cant get to the adjusters.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good afternoon,
Tony, Glad to hear that you got your permanent heat up and running.

Gil, Sorry to hear about your fire, but glad you were able to get out without a lot of damage.

Pulled up the three Atlas switches in the back of the layout, which can't be reached without getting up on the table. Had an intermitent problem with engines stalling, not at the center rail gap but on the section from frog to end of switch. I think I found the problem, loose screw where jumpers are fastened on the bottom. While I have them up I am taking the oportunity to add some more feeders and jumpers to avoid problems in the future. At least I hope so.

We had about an inch of snow this morning, so I declared a holiday at the musuem and stayed home, that's why I am working on the layout. Hate driving on snowy roads, to many idiots out there. Bunch of accidents on TV with only an inch of snow!

Temp was 15 this morning, didn't look since but not warming up much. Seven day forcast shows only one day with a high of freezing, everything else below freezing night and day. I am ready for a little break.

Take care,

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Gil sorry to hear about the fire atleasteverythingis ok.

John,yeah thanks, the house is nice and toasty but my Wallet is still hurting..lol

Its another nice day here in TN as well,kind of warm 34 outside and sunny.

Well yall have fun,
Tony

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Gil:Sorry to hear about the fire. I had a few fire calls to go on yesterday. Nothing serious, just some small forest fires.

The work on the E7 is almost complete. Here are some pics.

First, with the basic flat white paint from yesterday.
pt1.jpg

Second, with the flat black trim added and the decals applied.
pt2.jpg

Third, this decal was the hardist one to apply.
pt3.jpg

I still have to apply the finishing touches such as grime and rust

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter
Off Topic SORRY!! Conrailmike, that train in your signature did you make it yourself, or did you go to a website to buy it? If you did make it, do you take requests??
Torpedo said:
Looks like his 'train' is really six separate images. :cool:

To be more specific, it looks like he has linked images hosted on photbucket six times in a row, although there are only three unique images: the two engines and a hopper. No secrets are safe here. :D :wave:

sign1

That's right, the GIF's aren't mine. They are available from here: http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm You have to have a place to host them and be able to link to them. Just remember, you can't have over 500 characters in your signature. All I did was save them to my hard drive and then upload them to my photobucket account.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Software is dragging lately??? Hit reply and it takes for ever. Busy I guess. Great job on the F3. Gil, hope everything is OK by now. Had to leave buddy's and rush to hospital for Mom [90]. Not as serious as her hometown DR. made out. Probably bring her home [50 miles from me] tomorrow AM. Out the door to go there now. Have a good one.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Afternoon everyone, nope, didn't sleep in......was out of the house at 5:30 to Fargo for mutipal VA Appts.

Was -20 and is now -4......weather man lied he said it should be +5 about now......

Gil hope everything is ok!

Chief hope all is well with mom!

Rick

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Good Lord sure changed my schedule. On the road again to get Mom from hospital. Get her settled. She says she will be OK at home. Rush back this PM and get MIL [on the way back] and bring her to Rolesville. Wife and MIL are going to Youngest's for weekend. I will rest and run trains tonight [I HOPE]. Up early tomorrow AM for Town Board Retreat in Raleigh. That makes me miss the TCA train meet in Raleigh. :cry: Leave the retreat early so I can meet with son of widow lady who own's my pond lease. Hope to get first right of refusal on that property. Go check on Mom Sunday. Get hand operated on Monday [skin cancer removed]. Going to use that as excuse to rest Tuesday and Wednesday [run trains!!! :D ]. Fly to Orlando Thursday thru Sunday. Bass Pro Shops/ Cabela's circuit starts. Will be gone every Thursday thru Sunday from then until last of March and a few weeks in April. Hey, I'm retired!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Have a g ood one.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Chief, let me get this straight:confused: . You go to the Bass Pro/Cabela's circuit:thumb: .....in warm places:cool: ....and yer complaining....hamr

Gee I sould be so lucky!

Rick

Alan d Lambert

Dec 24, 2006
hey Chief,
Sounds like you want to goof off some. Iused to until my uncle moved and sold his lake house on the lake with boat dock. One heck of a fishing hole. don't get sunburned down in Florida, remember water acts like a mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.