Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Morning all, dogs have been out and fed, coffee is done and the puter warmed up.

it 19, with some winds out of the south! Should make it a little warmer!

Have a great day!

Rick

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Gil - is there room for two old Caddies in a small town?

47b7df38b3127cce8124b2f1777e00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

New Job keeps us very bussy. We are out of town alot, between Detriot and Grand Rapits.

:wave:

steamhead

Hey Spanky,
A friend of my ol' man had a Caddy just like the pink one there, 'cept it was a hard top. And is that a Toronado that blonde cutie (with the very short shorts) is oggling? Kinda dates me...Love your scenes.:thumb:

Also, is that 3985 articulated on both engines?? Sure look like mighty tight curves for that monster. Someone posted some links here last week to videos of a UP Challenger...!!! What a monster. I'll try to paste the link.

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=25013

Check it out--Awesome engine - turn up the sound when you view them...

Y'all have a good day.

jefelectric

Afternoon all,

Spanky, Like your scenes, you have a real talent for arranging photos.

Chief, Glad to hear the switches came in. Now you can finish your trackwork, if we ever really finish a layout.

Gus, I watched the first two videos, real nice. Will check out the other later.

I spent the morning at the TCA Museum. Went to a volunteer meeting. They are looking for more help so I am going to sign up for a couple of days a month. Chose several items and will let them assign me where needed. Getting there is not bad this time of year, 31 miles took me 37 minutes, in the summer, when the tourist swarm in, it can take up to 1-1/2 hours depending on traffic. If you take the back roads to avoid the traffic, you can get stuck behind a horse and buggy, with just enough oncoming traffic to make passing difficult.

steamhead

WoW...Awesome engines. Just out of curiosity, how big are they & how much do they weigh...??? That head-on shot made me move to the side...

pennman

\Well thought it was going to be a nice Sat, But the rain that was comming in tonight is here early and has brought ICE with it. Got plenty of fire wood in the house. And Man is it going to be a busy night at the fire house, seems every ice storm they just pile them up on I-24,
Yall Have fun
Tony

oldtanker

Tony yea and the bad ones are the SUV's:curse: .....people don't stop and think :curse: that 4 wheels skidding on ice are.... 4 wheel skidding on ice....don't matter is they are connected to the drive train or not!announce1

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/21/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

High: 59 °F
Low: 47 °F
So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.50"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph WNW

Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 46°F

Now through 07:15 AM CST January 21, 2007
High: 62
Through 7 AM...an area of light to moderate rain will cover much of coastal southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana...and all of the coastal waters...generally along and south of a line from Kountze to Alexandria. Rainfall amounts of up to 0.25" are possible as this area of rain moves off to the northeast at 40 mph.
Today High: 62 Cloudy with scattered showers. Not as cool. Highs in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Tonight Low: 45 Cloudy with scattered showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds becoming north around 10 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.

I'll have the french toast today.
french-toast.jpg

oldtanker

Morning all:wave: . Bout 21, going to stay there today, may get a little light snow.

Working on the house again today. I should run out of materials sometime around Tuesday. That means I'll have time to work on my layout:thumb: ! We are doing our renovation on the house out of pocket. I get my retirement and disability pay on the 1st of each month, then buy what I think I'm going to need. When I run out I wait till next month. So as of Wednesday I should be able to work on the layout:thumb: :thumb: . I have the foam that needs to go on the bench work, 4 buildings to build which will give me 9 so far, all that need detail and weathering work. Then there is rolling stock to weather, do coupler hight adjustments on and so on.sign1

Have a great dayannounce1 .

Rick

Gil Finn

Cold and blustery all weekend, having an ice storm here in the Mountain State this morning, I slipped and slid all the way down the drive to the paper box.

Got up and painted some detail on a C&) F7. Times to get back to bed as it drys.

Went to a car show last night. Set in a Jag and felt like 007,sign1

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Back from Sunday School and Lowes. Had to get suet blocks as birds had eaten up one in a few days. Tons of Cardinals here. They love the black oil sunflower seeds. Got 5 black oil feeders, one double sided suet feeder and two thistle feeders. Getting some drops of rain, sleet and a flake or two of snow. Got all my switches and got them installed yesterday. Got to wire them like I want them, now. See it is snowing on the Yanks. :thumb: Stay warm.

CNWman

CNW Fan
spankybird said:
This monring RFD channel has the UP 3985 Challenger on

I recorded that on TIVO. That loco is awesome! P.S. what's a hotbox? All i know is that it slows a train down untill it's put off on a different track

Alan d Lambert

Hotbox

It means the bearing surfaces are getting warm or hot . Many times when you see grass fires near railroad tracks, the sparksfrom the friction start these fires and most of the time they are hard for fire depts to get to so they burn out of control.

jefelectric

Evening guys,

Chief, That layout is coming along rught nice. We normally feed a bunch of bird seed, but this year due to the warm weather and a hawk that likes the tast of our birds. :) We have not had a lot feeding yet.

Getting some snow here, non laying on the ground yet. The birds are already flocking to the feeders.

Looks like winter is here all across the country.

Gil Finn

Project for this nasty weekend.

I have in HO two F 7;s in the bright C&O paint job, a powered Backman I just bought locally and a dummy Tico.

There was minor differences in the paint, one had a silver detail on the side, the others hood was orange instead of blue. The trucks were different sizes.

I painted details from each on the other and got a good match. I also added a windshield to the Tyco which needs lights yet at this point.

Some car color paint in dark blue I got to paint a repair on my Cadillac matched the blue paint almost perfectly and I used that on the hood of my Tyco.

Once the windshield glue drys I will take a pic...it is dry

zzzzzzCnOF7B.jpg

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
I don't know I think it is 17 or so out side with a very light snow. I fed the bolier some more coal so now the house is around 87 with the windows open. I never thought about it prior I love steamers and have my own coal boiler. :)

After a wild 48 hours the frame work for the layout has been completed and looks great. I just couldn't stop and even worked all Friday night and got a couple of hours last night.

I am ready for coffee and breakfast now. :)

CNWman

CNW Fan
Alan d Lambert said:
It means the bearing surfaces are getting warm or hot . Many times when you see grass fires near railroad tracks, the sparksfrom the friction start these fires and most of the time they are hard for fire depts to get to so they burn out of control.

thanks for the info, but that's not how it sounded on the documentary. It sounded like it was causing the train to slow WAYYYYYY down 'cause the computer dispatcher thingy kept the Chalenger 7 blocks away

Status
Not open for further replies.