Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan d Lambert

Alan d Lambert Member

oops I didn't mean topost so many times but the snow had me all excited and goofy.
  2. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Hi guys,

Looks like the Chief is going to have a first class layout.

Alan, You have twitchy fingers?

Jeffrey, Had one of my favorite breakfasts this morning. I take shredded potatoes & brown in pan, add chopped green peppers and onions, shredded cheese and eggs, or in my case egg beaters. Delicious with a little hot sauce.

announce1 Welcome! Smoke

Good night all,
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, +18 at 6:15am :thumb: , hello and welcome Smoke:wave: !

Just taking it easy today, going to finish adding the details to my GP38, not working on the house.

Have a great one all.

Rick
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning,

Where is everyone this morning?

Weather here this morning is clear and cold. 23 on the back porch, 36 in the pond and 64 in the greenhouse. Finished ordering my seeds on line yesterday. Will start some things about the first of February.

Picked up a Railking FA2 A-B-A at the LHS yesterday, haven't run it a home yet. It ran fine at the shop. Need to decide what to take off to put it on the layout.

This is work out morning at the fitness center, going to take it easy today. Been having sholder and back pain. Thought it might be the old ticker, but Doc says no. Did xray's of back and sholder's. Now says it is Arthritis and to take Tylenol. That is what I was doing before I got his professional opinion. :D

May get some catenary installed this afternoon, but this is the evening that I do dinner for the bride so not a lot of time left.

Enjoy your trains and keep warm.
  5. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all,
    Another nice day in TN 40's this morning, but calling for snow on Sat and sun.Hmm another weekend with the Xmas lights still up. All I need is one nice weekend to get them all down.
    Suppose to go to Atlanta to seemy son next weekend hopefully getto go to the show and see some trains as well.Will bring the camera.
    Yallhave fun now,
    Tony
  6. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Welcome to new guys.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446 1/18/2007
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 37°F
    Humidity: 87%
    Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
    High: 37°F
    Low: 35°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph N

High: 42 °F
    Low: 38 °F
    National weather service Doppler radar indicated areas of light rain and drizzle were falling over southeast Texas and southern Louisiana and the adjacent coastal waters. Precipitation this morning is moving to the northeast around 30 mph.
    Today High: 42 Cloudy. Patchy drizzle in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 30 percent.
    Tonight Low: 38 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the biscuits and gravy today.
    [​IMG]
  7. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

Hi! Too many pages to read to catch up, so I'll just jump right in here.

To echo so many others Brrrrrrrrrrrr... but I am glad its brrrrr The 70+ degree days in January in Tennessee SCARE the daylights out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any hot chocolate???????
  8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Cincinnati temp: 40 degrees. tops.:D
  9. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446 1/19/2007
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 34°F
    Humidity: 86%
    Dew Point: 37°F

So Far Today
    High: 43°F
    Low: 41°F
    Rain: 0.03"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 11mph NNE

High: 52 °F
    Low: 39 °F
    Now through 06:45 AM CST January 19, 2007
    High: 52

Through 7 AM...areas of rain and fog can be found across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana, including the adjacent coastal waters. You can expect a steady light-to-moderate rainfall, with intensity ranging from 1/10 inch per hour to 1/4 inch per hour.
    Today High: 52 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain or drizzle. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Today I'd like an omelet with all the fixings.
    [​IMG]
  10. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

Morning all from NE Ohio. Cold and snowy today. Not much better for the weekend. Oh well, more indoor time to work on the hobbies. Train show this weekend (Sat and Sun) at
    Valley Forge High School in Parma Hts Oh. Nice show and right in my backyard. All take care and have a safe weekend.
  11. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all. About 3, supposed to get in the teens.

Rick
  12. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Back home from doing Overton's Marine training. Now more work on layout. Sunny and warming real fast. Yanks are sending us some cold air again Sunday and overriding moisture fro Texas. We'll survive. Have a good one.
  13. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning,

Slept in a little later this morning. Got greenhouse ready for starting some seeds soon. Maybe I'll find some time for the layout today.

Weather here is about the same, cold & clear. Forgot to check the temps this morning.

Set up my two Atlas Jersey Central GP-9s in a lashup and have been running them quite a bit. Really nice running locos. Can pull a ton, have 12 cars + caboose on right now, they will pull a lot more than that

Take care,
  14. pennman

pennman Member

Hi! Too many pages to read to catch up, so I'll just jump right in here.

To echo so many others Brrrrrrrrrrrr... but I am glad its brrrrr The 70+ degree days in January in Tennessee SCARE the daylights out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REmember last time it was this warm in TN over the winter half of Clarksville was relocated to Spring field TN... Along with my roof!!:curse:

It warming back up now but still calling for snow this weekend..
    Yall have fun now,
    Tony
  15. pennman

pennman Member

OK someone awnser this for me. How come when I do a QUOTE it never comesout in that neet little box like its suppose to?
    Tony
  16. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Evening,

Been gone a WAY long time. Got back and then the PC blew its Power Supply and took the Hard Drive with it.
    Finally, getting back to normal.
    Sitting here with a fever, cough, and a sneeze that'll send a sailboat across a lake.
    I won't make ya'll jealous with the weather report here. I'll just say Miami is 40mi south and across the state.
    Good to see the Morning "How ya doing..." is back. Missed it.
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I am back from two days in VA.

It was blistering cold there with ice on the roads in Richmond.

Here it is as bad.

Good chili eating weather. I think I will make some vinison chili this weekend now that I am off salk I make a lot of stuff I use to buy.
  18. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Ken - Glad to have you back!!! Yeah - I'll leave the Fla weather alone :( Record cold here tonight - wind chills near 16 tomorrow :( Should be near 40 with wind chills near 37 :( :(
  19. N Gauger

Gil - Now you have me hungry for venison :) :) Enjoy!!! Glad you avoided any complications and made it back safe! :D
  20. N Gauger

Wow - over 2500 posts in this thread!! :D :D :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.