Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Morning all, bout +10 here:thumb: and bout time! Still working on the kitchen and not the layout:cry: , next is the bath room:rolleyes: .

Tony yea the DMZ in Korea sucked in the winter! 2nd Div:thumb: .

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

-30? The coldest I've ever seen it down here in Louisiana is -10, and that was quite a few years ago. There were a lot of froze pipes that winter.

Good morning. My back is stiff as a board this morning. I guess I pulled a muscle in it yesterday. If that's all it is, I'm lucky. I took a pretty hard fall.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/17/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 25°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 23°F

So Far Today
High: 32°F
Low: 31°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph NNE

High: 43 °F
Low: 30 °F

Important Message!

Winter weather advisory in effect until noon cst today.

Today High: 35 Mostly cloudy. Intermittent light freezing rain or light sleet in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. No sleet accumulation. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the bacon and eggs this morning.

bacon.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Yanks have sent their cold temps to NC. :curse: Only 32 right now. Of to Greenville NC and Overton's Marine to do some training classes on our chargers. Back tomorrrow night. Only 70 miles one way. Going by Mom's on the way. Hope to give the trains a spin before I go. Got the track running all the way to the back of the walk-in attic. Really makes a difference. Can run long trains and they go away and then come out the other side. Have a good one.

steamhead

Hey Chief...Nothing like getting the trains to run the way you want...!!!
Keep us posted on your progress.

No donuts for me today...Belly's been acting up...:cry:

Alan d Lambert

Hey I need some coffee too. Down here in Fort Worth, Texas we woke up to some strange white stuff on the ground. Don' bother me I spent 2 years in Alaska in the Air Force in Ancourage(1973-1975). so I miss seeing snow during the winter.

Alan d Lambert

Hey I need some coffee too. Down here in Fort Worth, Texas we woke up to some strange white stuff on the ground. Don' bother me I spent 2 years in Alaska in the Air Force in Ancourage(1973-1975). so I miss seeing snow during the winter.

Alan d Lambert

Alan d Lambert

:wave: Hey I need some coffee too. Down here in Fort Worth, Texas we woke up to some strange white stuff on the ground. Don' bother me I spent 2 years in Alaska in the Air Force in Ancourage(1973-1975). so I miss seeing snow during the winter. They had the weather on tv all morning just so we could see all of the:curse: drivers that don't know how to slow down .

Alan d Lambert

Alan d Lambert

Woke up this morning to some white stuff on the ground here in Fort Worth, Texas. Just enough to make me stay home and get the snow shovel out(yea I got one) Made 2 neighbors happy. nobody down here knows how to drive in snow and ice. I spent 2 years in Alaska in the Air Force so I got to learn the hard way.

jefelectric

Hi guys,

Looks like the Chief is going to have a first class layout.

Alan, You have twitchy fingers?

Jeffrey, Had one of my favorite breakfasts this morning. I take shredded potatoes & brown in pan, add chopped green peppers and onions, shredded cheese and eggs, or in my case egg beaters. Delicious with a little hot sauce.

announce1 Welcome! Smoke

Good night all,

oldtanker

Morning all, +18 at 6:15am :thumb: , hello and welcome Smoke:wave: !

Just taking it easy today, going to finish adding the details to my GP38, not working on the house.

Have a great one all.

Rick

jefelectric

Good morning,

Where is everyone this morning?

Weather here this morning is clear and cold. 23 on the back porch, 36 in the pond and 64 in the greenhouse. Finished ordering my seeds on line yesterday. Will start some things about the first of February.

Picked up a Railking FA2 A-B-A at the LHS yesterday, haven't run it a home yet. It ran fine at the shop. Need to decide what to take off to put it on the layout.

This is work out morning at the fitness center, going to take it easy today. Been having sholder and back pain. Thought it might be the old ticker, but Doc says no. Did xray's of back and sholder's. Now says it is Arthritis and to take Tylenol. That is what I was doing before I got his professional opinion. :D

May get some catenary installed this afternoon, but this is the evening that I do dinner for the bride so not a lot of time left.

Enjoy your trains and keep warm.

pennman

Morning all,
Another nice day in TN 40's this morning, but calling for snow on Sat and sun.Hmm another weekend with the Xmas lights still up. All I need is one nice weekend to get them all down.
Suppose to go to Atlanta to seemy son next weekend hopefully getto go to the show and see some trains as well.Will bring the camera.
Yallhave fun now,
Tony

jeffrey-wimberl

Welcome to new guys.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 1/18/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 37°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph N

High: 42 °F
Low: 38 °F
National weather service Doppler radar indicated areas of light rain and drizzle were falling over southeast Texas and southern Louisiana and the adjacent coastal waters. Precipitation this morning is moving to the northeast around 30 mph.
Today High: 42 Cloudy. Patchy drizzle in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Tonight Low: 38 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the biscuits and gravy today.
Biscuits-gravy.jpg

Hi! Too many pages to read to catch up, so I'll just jump right in here.

To echo so many others Brrrrrrrrrrrr... but I am glad its brrrrr The 70+ degree days in January in Tennessee SCARE the daylights out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any hot chocolate???????

CNWman

CNW Fan
hiscopilot said:
Hi! Too many pages to read to catch up, so I'll just jump right in here.

To echo so many others Brrrrrrrrrrrr... but I am glad its brrrrr The 70+ degree days in January in Tennessee SCARE the daylights out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any hot chocolate???????

Cincinnati temp: 40 degrees. tops.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.