Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Time for me to shut it down tonight. My energy level is low, so I'll get some rest tonight and be back on tomorrow.
  2. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning. Going into the 60's today and tomorrow. Going down to the southern part of NC to visit retired pilot buddy. Do some shooting. Got my "sniper" scope to mount on my .17. Calibrated out to 300 yards. Back tomorrow PM. All have a a great day.
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Jealous!

Morning all, seems you guys get all the fun, I'm stuck with renovating the house right now:cry: and doing things like trying to figure out how to build kitchen cabinets:curse:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can't even get em done and she is starting to put stuff "away" already:rolleyes:

Anyway, off to Fargo this morning again, then back to work in the kitchen, maybe can get the pipes run today. Supposed to be near 40! I can live with this kinda global warming!

Rick
  4. jeffrey-wimberl

I'll have the pancakes this morning.
    [​IMG]
    Now for the weather.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 1/3/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 39°F
    Humidity: 82%
    Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today

High: 41°F
    Low: 36°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 5mph NNE

High: 55 °F
    Low: 36 °F

Today High: 55 Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 48 Showers and thunderstorms. Not as cool. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Lows in the upper 40s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.
  5. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

I went to hobbyland today. The store pretty much wiped out of train stuff, I did buy some train figures. Prices are about the same as going online so I'll make some more trips when they restock.
  6. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening,

Ran some trains for an HO buddy today. He liked the sounds and smoke. Had four steamers going at once, cough - cough. :)

Here are some pics of the latest addition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Today I'll be having the cheese and mushroom omelet.
    [​IMG]
    And a spot 'o' orange juice. [​IMG]
    Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, La 71446-6114 1/4/2007

Wind Chill: 51°F
    Humidity: 91%
    Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
    High: 55°F
    Low: 54°F
    Gust: 12mph ESE

High: 58 °F
    Low: 49 °F
    Important Message

Flash flood watch in effect through this afternoon.
    Now through 05:00 AM CST January 04, 2007

Through 5 AM...showers with a few possible thunderstorms will move northeast at 45 mph across portions of southeast Texas...as well as southwest and central Louisiana. Some of the heavier rain showers will extend from Woodville and Jasper to Orange and Deweyville to between Cameron and Lake Charles. Rainfall rates with these showers will be between one quarter to one half inch per hour. Over the coastal waters...showers with a few possible thunderstorms will move northeast at 40 knots across areas between Marsh Island and High Island out 60 nm. Some of this activity will produce heavy rainfall reducing visibilities below 2 miles.
    Today High: 62 Showers and thunderstorms...some thunderstorms will produce locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds at times. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 10 mph.
  8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, didn't get to the hobby shop yesterday:cry: , spent my money at Home Depot for stuff for the house:cry: :cry: :cry: . On the bright side the new kitchen will have water sometime today:thumb: .

Getting ready for my daughter, son in law and 2 of my grandkids being here this weekend, the last of Christmas for us this year:D ! The grand kids don't know about the train, I can't wait to show them! One is 8 and the other is 4, both boys. They don't know it yet but their dad and other grandpa are going to get a Bachmann DCC starter set for next Christmas! Other Grandpa has enough room for it and loves trains, daddy loves trains but they have never done anything like that. Other grandpa wants to get the boys a set but says that mom and dad don't have enough room....he only lives a mile away....

Rick
  9. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

Got the main line finished last night on the Ware River Line. It is now 100% Bachmann roadbed track. Parts of the yard and the sidings are still in the LL. The Ames Ridge should have a test layout completed this week. With 6 destinations, I needed a card order system. Made my own! Once the test layout is up and running, I am going to start greenboarding it. On the Ware, the next step will be to install the grass carpet and start drilling for wiring. John
  10. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all,
    Well cant say much for the weather, he rain is holding off for the weekend again.
    But Its given me a chance to ge somemore drywall hung and more muddingand taping done.
    Soon I hope I'll be laying track.
    Yall have fun now,
    Tony
  11. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Sounds like Rick and Tony are in the construction business. :) Tony I assume you are finishing a room for the layout. How big will it be? Just started installing my MTH catenary that has been sitting around in the boxes for about 3 years. Not exactly prototypical but not bad either sort of a cross between tinplate and scale. Pretty well engineered, all screw assembly. I cut 3" off of the poles and 1-3/4" off of the arms. The poles are way to tall unless you want to string some HV lines on top like the PRR (now Amtrak) did.

[​IMG]

All have a nice evening.
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

We're having spring up here. Temp was 10 C (about 50F) but the trees are starting to feather, magnolias are budding, and tulips or irises are showing. Could be in for a rptten summer if winter arrives.
  13. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi John,
    I like the looks af that layout...!!! Nicely finished...Is the catenary "live"
  14. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Gus, I just got the three poles with two sections of wire up today. I am not planning on making it live since I use TMCC and DCS for control. In the old days it would have been nice to have it live since it would give you a way of controlling a separate loco. I may end up connecting it to earth ground so that it doesn't interfer with the TMCC signal. I had a problem with the BB1 just trying to run it back and forth under the short section of wire. It is a TMCC engine.
  15. jeffrey-wimberl

Eight months ago I ordered a new drive wheel assembly for my Genesis Light Pacific. It finally came in today. I hope to have some time this weekend to install it and finally get the loco running.
  16. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

The weather has been nice here, clear and above 50*.
  17. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Tomorrow....January 6 - in the middle of winter on the east coast, it is supposed to be 68 degrees :D :D :D

Now the weather-babe is saying that possibly this will be the warmest winter in years

'Posed to be rainy and 65 today -- Normal temp in Phila should be 40

[​IMG][​IMG]
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

This morning I'll be having the bacon and eggs.

[​IMG]

And now for a look at the weather.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/5/2007

Wind Chill: 52°F
    Humidity: 87%
    Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today

High: 55°F
    Low: 52°F
    Gust: 22mph NNE

High: 69 °F
    Low: 50 °F

THE NWS HAS ISSUED A FLOOD STATEMENT UNTIL 11:13AM CST

Now through 08:15 AM CST January 05, 2007

High: 72

Through 8 AM...patchy fog is expected to continue to develop across the area. Visibilities at times will be less than 1/2 of a mile. The fog is expected to gradually lift after sunrise.

Today High: 72 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the evening...then areas of dense fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
  19. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, going to get a few more things done in the house this morning, then maybe work on my trains this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

Rick
  20. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning,

The breakfasts sure look good to a guy on a low fat diet. :cry:

Just finished a breakfast of soy bacon and cerial.

Weather here to get to 62 and raining. Yesterday was beautiful, spent some time outdoors doing some late lawn and garden cleanup. Even the goldfish in the pond are active.

Leaving to babysit two granddaughters shortly, wife and daughter taking the oldest of the three out to celebrate her birthday. She likes to get away with adults once in a while. She is 7 going on 21. :)

Maybe later will get back to working on the catenary. Sent an email to LHS last evening and ordered more as when I got the first batch the layout was smaller.

Enjoy your trains,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.