Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoracer

Nov 30, 2006
Springfield Mass. USA
www.angelfire.com
Got the main line finished last night on the Ware River Line. It is now 100% Bachmann roadbed track. Parts of the yard and the sidings are still in the LL. The Ames Ridge should have a test layout completed this week. With 6 destinations, I needed a card order system. Made my own! Once the test layout is up and running, I am going to start greenboarding it. On the Ware, the next step will be to install the grass carpet and start drilling for wiring. John

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Morning all,
Well cant say much for the weather, he rain is holding off for the weekend again.
But Its given me a chance to ge somemore drywall hung and more muddingand taping done.
Soon I hope I'll be laying track.
Yall have fun now,
Tony

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Sounds like Rick and Tony are in the construction business. :) Tony I assume you are finishing a room for the layout. How big will it be? Just started installing my MTH catenary that has been sitting around in the boxes for about 3 years. Not exactly prototypical but not bad either sort of a cross between tinplate and scale. Pretty well engineered, all screw assembly. I cut 3" off of the poles and 1-3/4" off of the arms. The poles are way to tall unless you want to string some HV lines on top like the PRR (now Amtrak) did.

47b7df25b3127cce802418ea51f000000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

All have a nice evening.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Gus, I just got the three poles with two sections of wire up today. I am not planning on making it live since I use TMCC and DCS for control. In the old days it would have been nice to have it live since it would give you a way of controlling a separate loco. I may end up connecting it to earth ground so that it doesn't interfer with the TMCC signal. I had a problem with the BB1 just trying to run it back and forth under the short section of wire. It is a TMCC engine.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Tomorrow....January 6 - in the middle of winter on the east coast, it is supposed to be 68 degrees :D :D :D

Now the weather-babe is saying that possibly this will be the warmest winter in years

'Posed to be rainy and 65 today -- Normal temp in Phila should be 40

donuts2.jpg
coffee_cup.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

This morning I'll be having the bacon and eggs.

bacon.jpg

And now for a look at the weather.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/5/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today

High: 55°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 22mph NNE

High: 69 °F
Low: 50 °F

THE NWS HAS ISSUED A FLOOD STATEMENT UNTIL 11:13AM CST

Now through 08:15 AM CST January 05, 2007

High: 72

Through 8 AM...patchy fog is expected to continue to develop across the area. Visibilities at times will be less than 1/2 of a mile. The fog is expected to gradually lift after sunrise.

Today High: 72 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the evening...then areas of dense fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning,

The breakfasts sure look good to a guy on a low fat diet. :cry:

Just finished a breakfast of soy bacon and cerial.

Weather here to get to 62 and raining. Yesterday was beautiful, spent some time outdoors doing some late lawn and garden cleanup. Even the goldfish in the pond are active.

Leaving to babysit two granddaughters shortly, wife and daughter taking the oldest of the three out to celebrate her birthday. She likes to get away with adults once in a while. She is 7 going on 21. :)

Maybe later will get back to working on the catenary. Sent an email to LHS last evening and ordered more as when I got the first batch the layout was smaller.

Enjoy your trains,

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
jefelectric said:
Sounds like Rick and Tony are in the construction business. :) Tony I assume you are finishing a room for the layout. How big will it be?

Hey John, Yeah its going to be about 14x14 FT room for my Nscale empire. It cost me about the same dimensions in a kitchen and laundry room addition. I think it was fair trade.:rolleyes: the Wife is happy thats all that counts.
If things keepmoving the way they are I'll be laying track by March, I hope?
Yall have fun,
Tony

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Home again. Went to the Hamlet NC restord Seaboard Depot and Museum. Really great. Just been opened a short while. Alos CSX has a big yard in Hamlet and the big crossing for north/south and east/west for the CSX. Can you believe it is in the 70s in Jan.????!!! Later

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Test post.....................................................

Today is bank day. Hi in the upper 60* s and we should get a major rain storm if you can believe the weather guy.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
pennman said:
jefelectric said:
Sounds like Rick and Tony are in the construction business. :) Tony I assume you are finishing a room for the layout. How big will it be?

Hey John, Yeah its going to be about 14x14 FT room for my Nscale empire. It cost me about the same dimensions in a kitchen and laundry room addition. I think it was fair trade.:rolleyes: the Wife is happy thats all that counts.
If things keepmoving the way they are I'll be laying track by March, I hope?
Yall have fun,
Tony

Tony, That should make for a nice N scale layout. It is equal to 44.8' square in O gauge, that would be great.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey John,

Somehow I missed that gorgeous streamliner at the top of the previous page. Is that a Pacific hiding under the shiny chrome...??? Super trains...!!! Let's see more...!!!:thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
steak-eggs.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/6/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph N

High: 63 °F
Low: 52 °F
Important Message: Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 AM cst this morning.
Today High: 65 Mostly cloudy. Areas of dense fog in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.
Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.