Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I'm staying right here. I think I'll have my ballasting done by the end of the day. Too cold outside to go out. It was in the mid 70's yesterday, but today we're getting the remnants of that west coast storm so we stand a good change of rain.:thumb: That's good since the last rain we had was around three months ago.
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio

Where the temp is 59 deg and going into the 60's today with overcast skies ! :D

Boy with this new job, and being out of town so much, we don't get much time to do much posting.

Here are a few pics of one of our club members Christmas layout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

1 week left!!! If you dont have your shopping done - - get to it!!!!!! :D :D :D
    60's again today... cooler (Normal) tomorrow 44 :) :) :)

[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. So busy yesterday did not get to visit. Had train meet and then wife SS class [another one] meal. Came home to help getting gutters and leaves up. Worked until after dark [sucking up leaves with JD mower]. Picked up another 2055 that is in great shape and runs great.
    [​IMG]

Also got some [95%] track laid out temporarily in big room. All works great. Got to add section today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look at all the switch boxes to haul off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HAVE A GOOD ONE.
  5. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, bout 9 right now supposed to get to 30, gotta gets some stuff in the mail. Found out yesterday that instead of 2 Christmas trains for going to be daddies I gotta have one more!

Rick
  6. N Gauger

You found out about another grandkid???? Cool!!! Congrats to everyone :) :) :) :)
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Yup one due in Feb, one in early July and one in Aug, at age 52 I will have 9 grand children (I'm too young to have that many):cry: , right now its 6, 5 boys and 1 girl :D (who took over her brothers wooden train set!).:thumb:

Rick
  8. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Found this in an old file.

That poor grill looks dolly Pardons coat now it has some much paint on it.

[​IMG]
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I dont why I can see the pic when I post but not when it is posrED?
  10. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

I went to the local railroad model club's open house in the basement of the frieght depot and I am amazed at the work. Being new to the hobbie I quess maybe becoming a member would not be a bad idea. The paper said 500 people attended and brought 100 locomotives to run, not bad for a small town open house proves the hobby is alive and well.
  11. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all,
    Cool cloudy day in TN. little bit of rain as well.
    Thanks Mike found the geocaching site, Didnt realise thats what it was called.
    For all the guys like me I've just started my xmas shopping and hope to see yall in the mall this Xmas eve. LOL
    Oldtanker con grats on the new Grans baby!
    Have a great day,
    Tony
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good morning all, on the way to Fargo in a bit to get another Christmas train (and maybe a stop by the hobby shop!). Bout 19, supposed to see 37!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick
  13. Chief Eagles

Morning all. "Re-did" smoke units on the new 2055 and the Polar Express. They smoke great now. Hope to do more work upstairs on train layout. Moving some cars to it. Mainly for storage. Will have to move them around to do more work. Have a good one.
  14. N Gauger

Another nice day here today - - maybe I'll get a bit of train stuff done in between errands :)

[​IMG][​IMG]
  15. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good Morning! supposed to be a nice day, going to the cities with my son in law, he's 23, drives OTR, he's been out for 10 days, a bit lonely, she can't ride with him....morning sickness...LOL, he has a quick turn around and wants some company.

Have a great day!

Rick
  16. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Cooler. Only in the high 50's today. Worked until 2AM on the power center for layout. Has its own breaker panel. More work to do today but have to run errands this afternoon.

[​IMG]

Have a good one.
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Chief, do you have to set in the floor to operate your trains?
  18. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

Hi Guys

Changiing from the LL to the Bachmann track continues. Found some Model Power stuff at the LHS. My SO said that it would work okay and has saved me some $$$. I have about 50% of the first mainline changed. Moving the LL over to the second 11x15 and hope to have that fully laid next month. That is just temporary since I want to run trains as I am building the layout. Worked on my yard tonight. Plans are for about 6-8 ft of
    four tracks. That should give me plenty of room since I plan on 10 car freights for the most part. I have to move my computer which is near the layout. Going to take advantage and build off layout staging behind it. Will post photos soon. John
  19. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone! Just a day at home. Going to finish insulating the one wall and start getting sheet rock up.

Have a great day!

Rick
  20. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Cloudy and chilly. Suppose to warm to the 60's. Think it is to rain for a few days. Got a couple of sheet of wood to cut to fill in the new section. County meeting this afternoon so no work. Gil, got Lionel stool to sit on. Do a lot of standing. Good luck on the walls oldtanker. Later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.