Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedarcreekrr

Jul 17, 2006
Garrett, IN
I went to the local railroad model club's open house in the basement of the frieght depot and I am amazed at the work. Being new to the hobbie I quess maybe becoming a member would not be a bad idea. The paper said 500 people attended and brought 100 locomotives to run, not bad for a small town open house proves the hobby is alive and well.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Morning all,
Cool cloudy day in TN. little bit of rain as well.
Thanks Mike found the geocaching site, Didnt realise thats what it was called.
For all the guys like me I've just started my xmas shopping and hope to see yall in the mall this Xmas eve. LOL
Oldtanker con grats on the new Grans baby!
Have a great day,
Tony

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Good morning all, on the way to Fargo in a bit to get another Christmas train (and maybe a stop by the hobby shop!). Bout 19, supposed to see 37!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. "Re-did" smoke units on the new 2055 and the Polar Express. They smoke great now. Hope to do more work upstairs on train layout. Moving some cars to it. Mainly for storage. Will have to move them around to do more work. Have a good one.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Another nice day here today - - maybe I'll get a bit of train stuff done in between errands :)

donuts2.jpg
coffee_cup.jpg

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Good Morning! supposed to be a nice day, going to the cities with my son in law, he's 23, drives OTR, he's been out for 10 days, a bit lonely, she can't ride with him....morning sickness...LOL, he has a quick turn around and wants some company.

Have a great day!

Rick

kokoracer

Nov 30, 2006
Springfield Mass. USA
www.angelfire.com
Hi Guys

Changiing from the LL to the Bachmann track continues. Found some Model Power stuff at the LHS. My SO said that it would work okay and has saved me some $$$. I have about 50% of the first mainline changed. Moving the LL over to the second 11x15 and hope to have that fully laid next month. That is just temporary since I want to run trains as I am building the layout. Worked on my yard tonight. Plans are for about 6-8 ft of
four tracks. That should give me plenty of room since I plan on 10 car freights for the most part. I have to move my computer which is near the layout. Going to take advantage and build off layout staging behind it. Will post photos soon. John

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning all. Cloudy and chilly. Suppose to warm to the 60's. Think it is to rain for a few days. Got a couple of sheet of wood to cut to fill in the new section. County meeting this afternoon so no work. Gil, got Lionel stool to sit on. Do a lot of standing. Good luck on the walls oldtanker. Later.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey all,
Cold rainny day here in TN, A good day to maybe get some of that xmas shopping done. But what the hell still have 4 days left hate those crowds. maybe I can work on the train room a bit.
Chief,That layouts looking real good!
Yall have a great day,
Tony

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning. There is a software problem here. Takes for ever. I posted to the Merry Christmas thread and then all things went haywire. All the other forums are funning fast. I click a nd walk off. Will not let me delete errors. Rainy and warm here, Have a goodo ne

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Lets see if it works for me, I make lots of errs.

It has rained all day and I slept in untill 4:00PM. Got up at noon, looked out the window and like a ground hog and went back to sleep.

This evening I may finish up the train & tree display and then Saturday do some shopping & rapping.

I hope it deies out by Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.