Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Well Glad to see the coffe and Donuts made it. Its the right morning for it here in the low teens....BURRR...
Well stil not sleeping much go back to the docs today, Can tell you this much getting plenty done I have enough structures now to do 2 layouts or one supper one. Now all I need is the room finished.
Well Yall Have a good Day,
Tony

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Sun is warm tru the glass patio doors, the dog is taking advantage.

I made a car for my train. I dug out these old elves and think they will do fine.

XmasAmerican014.jpg

BMRR

Nov 10, 2006
Alabama
Morning all......Very cold here in Alabama this morning. (eighteen). A little too cold for me.

Chief - The bench work is looking good, keep us posted.

Everyone have a great day!!

Stan.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. 17 earlier but warming. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot in Wendell NC]. Thanks BMRR. Got obligations for a few days so not much going to happen this coming week as far as building. Want to get the "subfloor layer" down, test track alignment and run it on that. Then up comes the track and foam goes down. BTW: what part of Alabama are you from? Got fishing buddy in West Blocton and preacher buddy [over on CTT forum] in Prattsville. All have a good one.

BMRR

Nov 10, 2006
Alabama
Chief Eagles said:
Morning all. 17 earlier but warming. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot in Wendell NC]. Thanks BMRR. Got obligations for a few days so not much going to happen this coming week as far as building. Want to get the "subfloor layer" down, test track alignment and run it on that. Then up comes the track and foam goes down. BTW: what part of Alabama are you from? Got fishing buddy in West Blocton and preacher buddy [over on CTT forum] in Prattsville. All have a good one.

Chief, I live in Anniston. I'm about 100 miles NE of Dr. John.

Stan.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Had a nice visit to Main St Trains in Huntington WV.

I bought a 45* xing of fast tract and came home to not be able to locat the stash of track I have squirled away. Such is life:rolleyes:

It was blue cold this morning and my car doors froze over night. Had to crawl over the front seats from the back door to get in. Car started first time.:wave:

I have no idea where to get the room I need for an under tree layout now. I will have to remove all the furniture I guess.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Well I didn't get time to tan yesterday....on the house side of things I got some more plaster and lath tore out and the wiring for the stove and counter sockets done...then we to Home Depot and got most of the stuff to mod my layout. Going to put up insulation and sheet rock this Am and going to try to get the new bench work done in the PM.

27 now and supposd to get back to 41 today (48 yesterday for a high)...they are saying rain for tomorrow...in Dec? in MN????

Have a great day all!

Rick

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning all. Warming up fine. 50's later they say. 60's tomorrow and going to Kerr Lake for some fish and help buddy winterize his pontoon. Hope to put the "subflooring" on all of my benchwork in the big room today. Jsut got back from Sunday School and visiting my pond in the woods. Beavers have tried to dam up my spillway. Not anymore. Guess I willb e on beaver patrol for a while this winter [like last winter]. Shoot at them with my pistol and they run off. Game we played last winter. Worried them so much they left and went back to neighbor's pond. Later

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Good morning all, supposed to get in the 30s today....its 30 now....I'm going to be showing Conner, my 3yo grandson engineer the expanded layout today, then insulating and sheet rocking one wall in the kitchen.
Picture024.jpg

If you could check out my help threads in the HO section and track planning I could really use some guidance in figuring out what I'm really going to do for a track plan.

Have a great day all.

Rick

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning all. Got to water greenhouse adn then hook up to the Ranger to go to Kerr Lake for some fishing while it has warmed up. Oldtanker, not much on HO. A few sidings and "working" things like coal, grain, intermodle and etc. My O layout I am working on has all of those. I like playing with trains and not just look at them go in circles. Have a good one.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Chief, what you see as layout will be going away. I'm going back to flex track and atlas switches to give me more flexibility. I would like a double main and some switching for the big folks..like me. I laid that out after rebuilding my bench work so that my 3yo grandson can check it out today....he's Pappas helper in this.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.