Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
well, looks like today was my last day working day shift, starting tomarrow i will be working 2nd shift as a lead man, and i nice rase to boot., so now ill beable to come into the caboose more now....lol

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
60103 said:
Spanky: how do you hold the track down on the foam?

We use finishing deck screws #6. It is about 1 3/4" long and fits thru the holes in the tracks. These have heads that also fit in MTH realtrack. That is what I orginally bought them for.

If you put enough of them in, the track holds its place. Do remember, this part of the layout is only tempary for our open house and Christmas Display.

When we build the finial layout, the track will be mounted on 1/2" foam and 1/2" plywood. I have found this to be the best for noise reduction.

And now for other good things.

Today we recieved 7" of the white stuff and only had a high of 25 deg. Over night low was 17 deg and they say we can get another 7 or 8" tomorrow morning and I have to go to Grand Rapits again.:rolleyes:

:wave:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Bob Collins said:
I wonder why I am suddenly unable to directly access this thread when I am notified there is a message. It has not happened about three times and each time it is in response to a message from Chief Eagles:curse: I can get on otherwise, just not by a direct reply to the notification:cry:
Me too - - But it happens all the time - I click the link then click on "Last" in the page listing at the top of the forum....

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Ray Marinaccio said:
Hi Guys,
Just recovering from our club's display yesterday.
Our club set up displays at the Prescott Resort where they hold the worlds largest Gingerbread display.
First two are photos of our N scale modular layout.
The third is our On30 modular layout.
The last 2 are a couple of the other club member's displays.
Nice Pics!!!!!!

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
well, its 27 degrees here in south east IOWA, at 7:15 AM just got my new engine working, first thing today,,,, im happy now!...lol was a simple fix, i just had to find the problem.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning from a 38 degree NC. More building on benchwork today. Had to stop early yesterday to water greenhouse plants and then for the Sheriff's victory celebration party [fried fish, fried chicken and Eastern NC Pork Bar-be-que]. Plenty of sweet ice tea. :D Then I had Town Board. Hope to get back going as soon as I get back from Lowes picking up a few more 1X4's. Have a great day.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
Bob Collins said:
ozzy; where in SE Iowa? Keokuk, Ft. Madison, Burlington???

im in Milton,,, small town on highway 2. burington is 70 miles from me, Ft. Madison is maybe an hour, Ottumwa is 32 miles away. bloomfield is 15 miles away.

im in Van Buren county,

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. Right now it is a cold 17 degrees here in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Today I plan on painting my steam locomotive cab black and get it into place on the train park scene. After that I will be hanging up more christmas lights and maybe get the tree out and start with that.

:wave: Have A Great Day Everyone.:wave:

donuts2.jpg
coffee_cup.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning. Not too bad out side. Off to Oldest Daughter's and Son's. They live up the street from each other [poor guy has to put up with her]. Do somethings for her. May not get to work on the RR today. Got a lot done yesterday. Winds and temp drop tomorrow. High Friday 30!!!!!!!!!!! WOW. Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.