Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Good Morning Everyone. It is a nice 51 degrees here in the eastern part of Pennsylvania. I have a big day ahead of me. I have to finsih up haning up all the christmas lights, decorate outside and remove a blind and hang up a curtain in it's place. This should be an all day event as I have alot of decorating to do. I hope that you all have a Great Day. Oh by the way I brought donuts this morning.:D

[​IMG]
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

:D :D Thanks!!!!!! For the donuts...

One last 70 deg fall day..... Then severe storms tomorrow, and temps Saturday in the 49's with a wind chill Brrrrrr
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Man I would love to see +49 even with wind. It was a brisk 0 this morning. I will start another wall tear out in a few minutes here.

Have a great day all!

Rick
  4. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning, same here with weather. 70's and then down but not that bad. Working on benchwork. Have a good one.
  5. Chessie6459

Good Morning Everyone. Another long day is set ahead of me today. Got lots to do before saturday because that is when the fire company I belong to is having our Christmas Party. I hope that you all have a Great Day.

[​IMG]

Here's some coffee.:D
    [​IMG]
  6. N Gauger

Rain today - looking dark and gloomy outside - But it's Friday - So we're looking forward to Saturday :)
  7. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Got benchwork started. Storms stopped me. Will try to do more today but may have severe storms. Winds may hit 40 mph. Real warm but temps diving this PM. Having to saw in space under the boats/tractor shelter. Not enough room to saw up the big 4X8 sheets. That has to be done out in the open. So, that might not get done today. Just build the framework. Have a good one.
  8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, 14 here today, looks like we might get a bit of snow. Going to finish the tear and rebuild of one wall today.....wishing i was doing the mods to my layout...

Friday??? Whats so great about Firdays???? WEG! I'm retires so everyday is Saterday to me!

Have a great day.

Rick
  9. Chessie6459

Wow Rick, that sure is cold. If I could I would send you some of the warm weather your way. It is supposed to be in the low 60's today, but with a flood watch, thunderstorms and high winds. Just hope it stays quiet that way I don't have to be out in all that rain cutting trees and what not up.
  10. Chessie6459

Good Morning Everyone. A cold start here this morning, only 26 degrees. Not supposed to get out of the low 30's until next week. After that storm moved through yesterday the temps dropped 30 degrees in 2 hours. I have a busy day ahead of me. Hopefully I will get time to play with the trains and such.

:wave:Have A Great Day Everyone:wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Chief Eagles

No short sleeves today!!! 44 degrees. Was in the 70's yeaterday!!! Off to Todd's Train Depot to buy some switches and track. Have a good one.
  12. pennman

pennman Member

OK want to know who is the wise guy who forgot to pay the heating bill? It was 75 degrees in Nashville on thursday when I woke up on friday it was 25deg out. This is not funny.
  13. N Gauger

C-C-C-Cold day H-H-Here :( we start at 32 going up to 48.... Will be out most of the day to a couple of X-mas parties :)

Havenzee fun!! everyone!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio

where the temp is 35 deg and headed to 38 deg with overcast skies. :rolleyes:

This past week we have been laying more track for the Christmas layout at the Museum. We expanded the one loop of track to the other leg of the layout. It is now about 280 feet of 'O' gauge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :wave:
  15. Chief Eagles

Morning. Back from Sunday School and walk around the pond area. Re-did my track plan yesterday. Wanted to build more benchwork but got Rolesville Christmas Parade. Got to ride on Town Board float. :wave: Then we might go see the new Nativity movie. Suppose to be cold and windy tomorrow. Will build some then. Got Sheriff's victory party tomorrow evening early and then rush back for Town Board. Went to Todd's Train Depot and bought a bunch of switches. Got to buy 11 more. :eek: :cry: Have a good one.
  16. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Finally recovered from yesterday's trip. Went to Buffalo to see A Prairie Home Companion. That's me in the sing-along that's doing bass harmony off=key.
    We were going to a hobby shop and a Border's that are almost side-by-side. Turned out the power had been down since the day before. Took a picture of Santa in the caboose and a couple of reindeer, then went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Returned and spent time in mall because power still off. Last try -- power was on; hobby shop open but bookstore still closed. Then we went downtown for the show. Saw Buffalo streetcars for the first time. Lovely theatre; terrific show.
    US border guard asked us for the keys and then inspected the trunk -- was doing it to everybody. Canadian customs lost interest when we had no alcohol or tobacco.

Spanky: how do you hold the track down on the foam?
  17. Chief Eagles

Lucky fellow. Always wanted to see A Prairie Home Companion. Saw the movie. Listen to it on radio. You can with hold all that cold air you are sending down South. :rolleyes:
  18. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Hi Guys,
    Just recovering from our club's display yesterday.
    Our club set up displays at the Prescott Resort where they hold the worlds largest Gingerbread display.
    First two are photos of our N scale modular layout.
    The third is our On30 modular layout.
    The last 2 are a couple of the other club member's displays.

Attached Files:

19. Chessie6459

Good Morning Everyone. It is a ccccooollllldddd 12 degrees here today. Right now it is SNOWING!!! It is not supposed to get out of the 20's for the rest of the week. Now is the time to stay inside and work on those trains of mine. You all have a Great Day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

I wonder why I am suddenly unable to directly access this thread when I am notified there is a message. It has not happened about three times and each time it is in response to a message from Chief Eagles:curse: I can get on otherwise, just not by a direct reply to the notification:cry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.