Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

A cold, lazy Sunday here..... Sunshine and in the low 50's......

[​IMG]
  2. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Back home for a while [2 months]. :D Off to my Mom's down east for her Thanksgiving. We are taking the food. Mom is 90. Have a good one.
  3. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Ah, but the temp here is in the high....................................teens, and that tends to make the frosting on your donut brittlesign1

At least no wind this morning. It has been blowing steady for the past 3 days. Actually it is bright and sunny too, just a little nippy. This is a good morning here to practice your windshield scraping technique:D :D
  4. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all, Cold Sunday morning. Remember the last race today for the season 2pm eastern time.JR stars 14th. The dam deer must subsribe to the gauge or you guys are telling them I'm going out, didnt see anything this morning or last night.
    Well have to try again today.
    Yall have a nice day,
    Tony
  5. Bob Collins

Where is your deerstand set up, in the median of Interstate 24sign1

My son totally a car a couple of years ago on that interstate between Clarksville and Nashville when he hit a deer. Fortunately no one was injured. They are a menace on the roads here as well. Has even been talk here about a controlled hunt inside the city limits for bow hunters.:thumb:
  6. pennman

pennman Member

No, I wish I see more deer on the interstate than in the woods latley. They are seriuosly over building around here.
    Last year I had 2 by bow, one by rifle and and one by chevy
  7. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

The weather is miswerable and so am I. I am going to the er later and try to get some of the fluid I have tapped off. It feels like I am at the 6 liter mark.

I spent all afternoon at my dad's hopuse loafing around. He was glad for the company even if it was just me he said:rolleyes:

I hope you all have a dry warm work week such as it is and you and your families are safe on the hiways if you travel.

[​IMG]
  8. N Gauger

Hope you feel better Gil....

It's cold here but not bad for a 3 day work week :)

[​IMG]
  9. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all, cold start to the week, but what the hell its only a 3 day week.
    Mmmm, donuts...
    Hope you feel better Gil.
    Yall havea good one,
    TONY
  10. Chief Eagles

Afternoon here. Been doing my reports and emailing them. Also photos of the stocking at Cabela's in Omaha. Through for the 06 year. :thumb: Have a good one.
  11. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

What are you going to do with the time off?
  12. Chief Eagles

Well, between town and county meetings, doing yard work, chores and helping neighbors, hope to build my benchwork. :rolleyes:
  13. Bob Collins

Do I understand you to say you have been here in my area stocking the new Cabela's? Did you have the opportunity to do any railroad sightseeing while in the area? This is a trainlovers paradise.:D :D Several excellent railroad museums, including Railswest here in Council Bluffs where we have our HO model train club layout in the 1899 Rock Island Depot.:) :)
  14. Chief Eagles

Flew in on Thursday PM. Had party at Mutual of Omaha Dome Thursday night. Store Friday all day. Flew out Saturday PM. Saw UP diesels pulling long hopper car train along I 480 and I 80 on the way back to airport. Wish I had known you were there. Maybe we could have hooked up Friday and you could have navigated for me to see some trains. Saw mostly from air as we left around 2:55 and I had window seat.
  15. Bob Collins

There are betwwen 50 and 70 coal trains a day through here, either crossing the UPRR bridge in Omaha or across the BNSF bridge at Plattsmouth, about 15 miles south of here, so no shortage of coal trains to watch.

Additionally, you have the chance to see a lot of grain thrains right now as we are just finishing up the harvest season and lots of soybeans and corn are on the move. Much of it is shipped south on the BNSF line from here to Kansas City, but much of the time the power is provided by KCS or Mexican railway engines.

Other traffic you might catch are on the CN which runs from here to Chicago, or quite a few trains out of here on the old Rock Island mainline now operated by Iown Interstate (IAIS). Also the UPRR intermodal yard is co-located with the IAIS and they move a lot of containers in and out of here every day.

Like I said, railfan's paradise
  16. N Gauger

Well, we had an interesting day yesterday... Internet quit around noon.... We were offline all afternoon.... We got all our internal stuff done and we actually had to call our vendors and talk to them....imagine that!!! :rolleyes:

I Hadn't realized how much time the internet saves us.... Once you get talking to a salesman you have been dealing with for years - you just cant hang up.... Someone should do a study on that.... Human interface vs Computer ordering.

Well hopefully we'll be ok today....

Have a good one everyone!!!

[​IMG]
  17. Chief Eagles

Cold morning from NC. Windy. Northeasterner. May rain for three days. :cry: Got to run to Lowes and get some 1X4's and a double light switch. Installed my light fixtures over where the two long benchwork tables will be. Each one has three mini-spotlights in it. They can be aimed to any direction. Recleaned 90% of the room. Cutting into plaster is a dusty mess. Wife is whinning for me to go shopping with her. Be glad when she goes back to work. :rolleyes: Software was running slow and thought I would not get in. Now it has picked up. Been a while since I had that problem. Later
  18. pennman

pennman Member

Morining all, Cold day here in Tn. The wife wants me to go Xmas shopping with her. Was planning on just doing nothing this weekend.. MMM
    Yall have fun,
    Tony
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

off to a doctoe apointment on this clear cold W Va day and may do some Xmas shopping on the way back.
  20. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Gil - that's way too organized! ;) Don't you realize that there's still more than a month until Christmas...?! :D

Andrew
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.