Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Good Morning, It is only 35 here right now, supposed to hit the high 50's. Alot warmer than yesterday.

:wave: Have A Great Day Everyone :wave:
  2. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning. Running into Raleigh to visit DR. due to cold. Since I am flying to Omaha Thursday AM, she wants to see me before I go. Rather be sure not getting worse. Sunny and warm. Happy Birthday John. Maybe he will drop by [he does off and on]. Great guy. Have a good one.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Warmer today - Rainy and T-storms tomorrow :(

[​IMG]
  4. Chief Eagles

Morning. Cloudy but warm. Rain on the way. May have to fly out in rain tomorrow AM. :cry: :curse: Last trip scheduled for this year. :D Hope to do some train room work before County meeting this afternoon at 4. Have a good one.
  5. pennman

pennman Member

Hey chief better get out now I'm sending this mess your way.LOL Its been one nasty storm started yesterday and rainned through the night,It looks like a swimming pool in my back yard. Guess I'm going to have to stay in and work on my trains.
    Have a nice day,
    Tony
  6. N Gauger

Ewwww Thanks Tony..... Buckets of rain on the way nawth.... Should be interesting at the least.... :( Going from 70 today to 52 tomorrow Brrrrrrrr!!!

[​IMG]
  7. Chief Eagles

Morning. Storms passing through. Off to Omaha. Have a good one.
  8. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

I haven't been posting for a spell and this looks like a nice active thread so I'll jump in here and see what's going on in the railroad world. My layout sits gathering dust as I haven't worked on it for at least 6 months.:cry: Maybe I can generate some motivation getting active on the Gauge once again.

:wave:
  9. N Gauger

Well Look what the cat dragged in?!?!?!? :D :D :D :D

Glad you have a chance to stop by :)

Yes, hopefully you'll get a bit of motivation here :) Free donuts too - most every morning :D
  10. Bob Collins

Hello Mikey, long time no see. :cry: I should really be well motivated as I attend the local model railroad club here in town every week I am in town. Maybe that's the problem as I get to run the trains there and they even let me toot the whistle from time to time if I am a really good boy:D :D

As a matter of fact I'll be there in a couple of hours. We have a really great model train layout housed in the 1899 Rock Island Depot here in Council Bluffs. The "passenger" end of the depot is a really well done railroad museum and we have a pretty extensive layout in two large rooms, one that can be viewed by the public and another of equal size that is really a huge staging yard with a helix and all sorts of good stuff. We are slowly upgrading everything to be able to run the trains by computer:thumb:

Glad to be back, I'll try to be a bit more active, but sometimes I just don't have a whol;e lot of time:cry: :cry:

Bob
  11. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Good day here with me, weather wasnt much 'cept for ducks.
  12. Bob Collins

Gil Finn

Your posts don't tell us where you are located, so I have no clue where the weather is only ggod for ducks. Enlighten us please!
  13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

14. Bob Collins

Thanks Gil. All I ask is you be cafeful where you dig as I have lots of relatives (actually ancestors) buried in WVA. I think most of them are in Pocahontas County, but who knows. I can track them back to pre-Revolution, which means long before there even was a WVA, by God:thumb:
  15. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

Afternnon all from NE Ohio. Another cloudy, wet, cool late autumn day. Most outdoor work is done, now time for trains and model cars. Might do some railfanning this weekend if weather permits. Everyone have a safe weekend....
  16. Bob Collins

Looks to me like a good weekend to stay off the highway between Columbus and Ann Arbor.

A little windy, but otherwise a beautiful sunny day here in the Omaha area. Leaves are all down and raked, flower beds all mulched, snow blower all gassed up and I'm ready for winter :rolleyes:

Seems like it must be time for a nap:thumb: :thumb: Don't want to get too much done today or I'll run out of things to do this winter. I only need to lay track, get everything wired correctly, get my DCC hooked up and decide how I'm going to scenic my layout. Wow, I really need a nap now, just thinking about all that made me tiredsign1
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Thanks Gil. All I ask is you be cafeful where you dig as I have lots of relatives (actually ancestors) buried in WVA. I think most of them are in Pocahontas County, but who knows. I can track them back to pre-Revolution, which means long before there even was a WVA, by God[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Me too.

I dont do much digging these days how ever.

There was always a W Va, but what is in a name?
  18. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Guys hows it going? Hope even faired thru the storms well. We had our first nice day today and I slept through most of it.BUMMER. Worked straight thru till 5 am this morning.
    Got to catch what I think was a rail grinder in Nashville though, or one hellva a wheeel dragging.HAha
    Well off to get ready it almost evening and I need to get to my tree stand. have a nice day all.
    Tony
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Slow weekend. Nothing on TV so I have been anoying the dog, lol.
  20. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Slow weekend. Nothing on TV so I have been annoying the dog, lol.

Bubbette made clam chowder and grilled cheese for supper.:)
    next weekened is the hUntington train show.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.