Coffee Table Layout - Pics

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by bigdonnie, Nov 5, 2004.

1. dwight77

dwight77 Member

Hi TrainNut: Are all of your trestles scratch built or do you have a kit you use? Would like some information on the kits or plans if you have them available. Thanks
    dwight77
  2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Well it makes me feel good that somebody thinks those were made from kits but the sorry truth is, I scratched 'em one piece at a time out of matchsticks, balsa wood and wire fabric.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, are you actually referring to those much nicer looking ones at the beginning of this thread by bigdonnie?

bigdonnie - sorry - I didn't mean to take over your thread... I was just trying to contribute a little. I'll be quiet now and slink back into the shadows :D Wonderful work by the way... much more elaborate than my simple folded figure eights!
  3. Petervan

Petervan Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The bridge work looks great. I like the detail on the support columns and the detail on the cross over. How long did take for to get this far.
  4. bigdonnie

bigdonnie Member

Sorry about that guys --- I don't recall getting either of your requests for pics, but I HAVE been known to forget to reply in the past, so I suspect that this is one of those times! :oops:

I actually put this project aside for about a year, but I am now in the process of finishing it off. The table itself is built and just waiting for the fully scenicked layout to be dropped into it.

When its done in a couple of weeks, I PROMISE to post pics of the end results.

Its been alot of fun to build, but this is the last time I work in N scale --- my eyes can't take the abuse!
  5. extra7000south

extra7000south Member

Thanks......can't wait to see the pictures.....:)