Coffee Table Layout - Pics

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi TrainNut: Are all of your trestles scratch built or do you have a kit you use? Would like some information on the kits or plans if you have them available. Thanks
dwight77

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
dwight77 said:
Hi TrainNut: Are all of your trestles scratch built or do you have a kit you use? Would like some information on the kits or plans if you have them available. Thanks
dwight77
Well it makes me feel good that somebody thinks those were made from kits but the sorry truth is, I scratched 'em one piece at a time out of matchsticks, balsa wood and wire fabric.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, are you actually referring to those much nicer looking ones at the beginning of this thread by bigdonnie?

bigdonnie - sorry - I didn't mean to take over your thread... I was just trying to contribute a little. I'll be quiet now and slink back into the shadows :D Wonderful work by the way... much more elaborate than my simple folded figure eights!

Petervan

Nov 7, 2005
Lakehurst NJ
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
The bridge work looks great. I like the detail on the support columns and the detail on the cross over. How long did take for to get this far.

bigdonnie

Oct 4, 2004
Sorry about that guys --- I don't recall getting either of your requests for pics, but I HAVE been known to forget to reply in the past, so I suspect that this is one of those times! :eek:ops:

I actually put this project aside for about a year, but I am now in the process of finishing it off. The table itself is built and just waiting for the fully scenicked layout to be dropped into it.

When its done in a couple of weeks, I PROMISE to post pics of the end results.

Its been alot of fun to build, but this is the last time I work in N scale --- my eyes can't take the abuse!