Coal Tower

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Over the past few weeks I have been working on a coal tower. Adding a new walkway, stairs, posts, ect. This is the last and final coal tower along the Chessie System Model Railroad that was left over from the Steam Era. The progress on this is slow at this time but I am hoping it will be done with in the next week or so. Here is what I have done so far:

Side View
CoalTower.JPG

Front View
CoalTowera.JPG

Back View
CoalTowerb.JPG

Front View Of Walkway
CoalTowerh.JPG

Side View
CoalTowerg.JPG

Back View
CoalTowerf.JPG

Pilars Leading Up To The Door
CoalTowere.JPG

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The Start Of The Stairs
CoalTowerd.JPG

Western Maryland ( Chessie System ) Caboose underneath the Coal Tower.
CoalTowerc.JPG

The other day I caught this B&O FA1 rolling on through the tower pulling a gondola, hopper car & caboose.

B&O FA1 #613 pulling on through the coal tower.
FAb.JPG

The Gondola & Stairs.
StairsandGondola.JPG

The Hopper Car. The roadname was painted over in prepairing it for B&O Hopper Paint.
Hopper.JPG

And last but not least the WM/Chessie Caboose #1872
Caboose.JPG

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
On September 27 the hopper car was spotted at the paint shop. Here is the progress they made so far. This is the hopper car that will be sitting with the coal tower. This hopper car is in the above post.

Front
HopperCar.JPG

Side
HopperCara.JPG

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I like the firefighter crest they painted on the "water" tower behind the quad-hopper...! ;) :D:D

Andrew

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
MasonJar said:
I like the firefighter crest they painted on the "water" tower behind the quad-hopper...! ;) :D:D

Andrew

Thank You Andrew.:D :wave:

Update. Ok I know it has been awhile since I have posted any progress on my coal tower. It is that I have been busy with classes with the fire company and I really haven't had time to work on it. But I am hoping to make some more progresss this weekend on it and finish it up. Just wanted to let you all know.