Coach Kits

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there is a kit out for the SP`s triple-articulated coach/diner/coach unit as used on certain limited services?

Ive looked everywhere for them and cant find anything!

FotoDr

May 16, 2005
There was a company in the late 80's or early 90's that made an SP articulated coach set and also an articulated diner set, not sure of the configuration but between the 2 sets you should be able to make the chair/diner/chair set. I think they were sold as individual cars and you they listed the recomended numbers for what you wanted.They were aluminum kits with fluted sides made by "Limited Editions" and were sold through Walthers. Hope this helps.
FotoDr

ed acosta

Aug 4, 2005
Washington-British Columbia
Old Triple Articulated Kit

ross31r said:
Does anyone know if there is a kit out for the SP`s triple-articulated coach/diner/coach unit as used on certain limited services?

Ive looked everywhere for them and cant find anything!

Yes, there was a kit long before the Limited Editions kit came along. It had corrugated metal sides and wood floor and roof. I bought it at a swap meet several years ago and there were no instructions, nor manufacturer's identification on the kit. It is in the lounge/kitchen/diner configuration with no skirting along the bottom (therfore underbody detail is very important). I am currently working on that model, looking for any photos that may reveal roof and underbody details.

Incidently, I do have the Limited Editions kits for the remaining Daylight cars and will begin building them soon.