CNW conection lines

CNWman

CNW Fan
As you all know by various means that I'm modeling a UP/CNW operation. I just want to know what other railroads interchanged w/ the CNW incase I expand the Riverside Junction (I want more trains!sign1 )

Here's a list of the two that I know

1. Union Pacific
2.Baltimore & Ohio

railohio

Almost any railroad that operated in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming before 1995.

Just in 1972 they interchanged with seventy-one other railroads. Add to that the number that ceased operating before or started service after and you've easily got a list of over one hundred railroads.

CaNadiaN

For Wisconsin, I can tell you Milwaukee Road/Soo Line/GB&W/FRV (FRV was all former CNW track by the way) or Wisconsin Central (depending on era), and WSOR (Wisconsin and Southern). Add to that the GBW agreement with BN (mostly intermodal) and you have a wider variety still. Then there's Soo Line being owned by CP, which adds a bunch of other possibilities (Canadian freight). So, it goes to prove that you can get away with running almost anything on any layout.

Side thought to prove my point further: I live in a city that never had much for rail service, and the last train was in either the late 60s or early 70s. A *very* small operation (entire fleet consisted of 2 switchers), and yet somehow we had a Santa Fe boxcar make it all the way up here (mind you, this was when it was still Santa Fe, and the furthest their track went was Chicago). To tell you how far it traveled, that means it would have started (at the very least) in Chicago, worked its way to Green Bay, and then connected at least once (possibly twice) after that still.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Thanks

Wow, thanks for the info guys. Soo Line conected with the CNW? Well, I'll have to keep that in mind. I always like their big-lettered boxcars for some reason. I might even take a page from your town caNadiaN, and put a Santa Fe covered hopper on my line. Heh Heh Heh:D Man, this opens so many possibilitesbounce7 Thanks for the info again guys:thumb:

kf4jqd

CNWman:

Do you have some Rock Island in that mix? You know that the CNW baught alot of their motive power and rolling stock in the early 80's?

When I moved to Wausau, Wisconsin in 1987. In our back yard was the CNW line between Green Bay and Wausau. Today is a snow mobile trail! BUT the CN is trying to get it back!

Andy