cnr runby on the EG&E

cn nutbar

in tribute to all those members who have previously submitted many great runbys,i figure it's about time i give it a shot---a recent photo shoot at doctor wayne's provided just the right setting---hope you enjoy

20032007010.jpg

20032007015_201191.jpg

20032007016.jpg

20032007018.jpg

20032007019.jpg

20032007020.jpg

20032007021.jpg

20032007026.jpg

a special thanks to doctor wayne for providing all those beautiful passenger cars

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Awesome!:thumb: :thumb:

Those baggage/express cars are interesting. I don't think I have seen anything like them before.

doctorwayne

Tom, the head-end cars are from a variety of origins. The RPO is a Rivarossi car with a few added details (steps, grabirons, and some clerestory ventilators). I also added the windows on either side of the baggage door: they were taken from an Athearn coach, if I recall correctly, and the car is a pretty accurate model of the real 7776. The wood-sided express car behind it is a shortened Athearn Pullman. The sides are Evergreen passenger car siding, and the doors and underbody are scratchbuilt, with some commercial brake gear parts used. It was done from a photograph and is quite accurate. The trucks are the original Athearn metal ones, and the car rolls about as well as a brick. :rolleyes: The third car, an Express Horse Car, is a modified Rivarossi heavyweight coach, built using the same general techniques as the previous express car. The underbody is pretty much stock, although the stock trucks were move closer to the car ends. Except for the underbody details, an accurate representation of the real thing, which was used primarily for transporting race horses. The last express car is another modified Athearn Pullman, built similarily to the previous Athearn car. On this one, the windows, which were covered over in the 1950s (the car siding was redone, so the car looked as if it never had windows) are from Grandt Line, and the trucks are Central Valley. There's a more detailed explanation of the techniques used to do these (and many other) cars here:
kitbashed headend equipment

The last two cars belong to Professor Nutbar, and are unmodified offerings from Rapido.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

NICE run-by nutbar!:thumb: your "mountain" looks GREAT, i REALLY like the cab:thumb:. Wayne, FANTASTIC JOB on detailing those passenger cars:thumb:. THANKS!:D -Deano