CNJ999's Kitbuild Challenge

CNJ999

Hmmm...it seems, out of ignorance of how contests are conducted here, I've placed myself at something of a disadvantage. Until last week, after it was pointed ot to me to do so, it hadn't occurred to me to look at all those other builder's-related posts that chronicled their individual progress. I had thought the challenge was simply a "choose your subject, build it, and eventually show your results" affair, not illustrate the project in progress and then the finished product. Oh well.

Anyway, I have no photos of the construction stages to show, only one illustrating the finished product. So...just for the sake of demonstrating that I met the challenge I accepted earlier, I'll show the culmination of my efforts below.

For the record, I accepted Challenge #2 as originally posted, to build a commercial kit with a finished appearance as close to the manufacturer's illustration as possible. My kit choice was Bar Mill's Shipyard Brewery. The only significant departure I made from the box illustration was to paint the building's cupola the same color as the body of the structure, instead of white. The spot for it to go on the layout isn't ready yet so it rests on a small diorama base for the moment. The model was shot out-of-doors in full sunlight.

Kit Illustration:
BM001.jpg

Finished Model:
Shipyard003.jpg

CNJ999

ezdays

Out AZ way
Well, no one can fault you for the results, and it's the results that counts. You made it in just under the wire and you did a great job in the process. Good work.:thumb: :thumb:

I agree with Josh M, it really looks better than their picture.

A side thought...if you put lights in the dormer behind the sign, then you may get an interesting silouette effect, depending on the placement and viewing angle.

Also, I love that little green and black auto. Who makes it?

steamhead

Great job...!! It sure looks better than the picture on the box..!! How long did it take to build..? You sure are gonna be in the running..!!

CNJ999

I agree with Josh M, it really looks better than their picture.

Also, I love that little green and black auto. Who makes it?

That's one of the new Athearn Model A's and the red car in the foreground is the latest offering from Classic Model Works.

CNJ999

Go Big1

Great job on the kitbuild CNJ! I'm looking forward to trying to build my very first structure once I get through the holidays.