CNJ Bronx Terminal

Tim_Warris

60103 said:
Tim: what is that track that doesn't seem to go anywhere?
I think the rail cutting coulde be reduced a bit. There's a triangular bit with a blue purple and green frog that I think could be one piece, but it might cause a different complication with your relays.
I promise not to suggest again that you run it with overhead wire.
Hi David,

You're right! There are too many isolated sections there, the section can be a single piece and work the same, but with less wiring. I have updated the drawing to reflect the changes....

gapping2.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out. I have also updated the site to refelect this change.

The rails that seem to go nowhere were the lead into the engine house. The railroad acutally laid portable sections of rail across the turnout!

Tim_Warris

Next section "sneak peek"

The design work for the next section of trackwork is now complete, and I am hoping to build it this week...

brp6-1s.jpg

This section consists of 4 curved 3 way turnouts.

brp6-2s.jpg

Really big versions of these images available on my the Bronx Terminal site.

Tim_Warris

Part 6 complete!

The latest section, Part 6, was completed over the weekend and I have posted some new pictures on the blog. Here are a couple previews....

brp6-3.jpg
l

brp6-10.jpg

Triplex

Whoa! I had to look for a minute to convince myself that that first shot of the completed Section 6 wasn't another CGI.

Tim
I just cannot imagine how to bend all those tracks in those perfect shapes besides the fact that I cannot imagine to figure out what shape they should be.
You will have a layout that does not even need any engines and cars and still will keep visitors watching it for hours.