CN RS18 custom paint

Heath

May 1, 2006
Victoria, BC Canada
I searched around for quite a while for a CN RS18 and came across only two versions in the P2K brand. One was in the green and gold scheme and the other was in the stripes scheme. I really want to keep my loco's in the CN noodle scheme.
So, what does one do if the paint is wrong but you love the model? Well, I bought it in the Action Red CP color with the full intention of having it custom painted. I contacted a great modeller and custom painter where I live and had him strip it and paint it for me. Was extremely pleased with the result. He does such amazing work, creating, modifying, painting and weathering. A true craftsman.
By the way I boughgt this with the QSI sound and absolutely love the horn on this model. It's a great hauler too.
As I am reintroduced to the hobby again after a long 30 year absence, I could not ever come close to being able to produce a quality like this, at least not yet until I get more experience that is. Until then, I really wanted to get moving along with a few locomotive purchases and start hauling trains on a friends layout. Have lots of my old trains that I intend on fixing up, painting and putting back into the service of enjoyment for my eyes once again.
The attached pictures of the weathered CN RS18 is on my friends layout whom I greatly appreciate for allowing me to run on.

Anyone else modelling the CN black, red and grey noodle scheme out there?
PS. I also have a video I shot of it, could post it on You Tube if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
Heath

Attachments

• CN RS18.jpg
    CN RS18.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 79
  • CN RS18 2.jpg
    CN RS18 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 77

Heath

May 1, 2006
Victoria, BC Canada
Cn Rs18

Thanks Jim,
I really do enjoy running it. Just need to get some run in on it to break it in a bit more. I have it consisted with an Athearn switcher. Just need to do some more fine tuning on the Athearn switcher and some weathering on it too. The Athearn isn't the most quiet engine that's for sure but I picked it up at a train show brand new but very old stock at a bargain basement prince. I've narrowed the noise to the universal joints connecting the drive mechanism.
Will have to do some more fine tuning on that too to reduce the noise.
Heath