CN Blockades planned

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Well... it was and it wasn't... in the way that the Plains of Abraham resolved the whole Quebec sovereignty question...

But what is confusing to me is that in the article the First Nations protesters admit that CN can't really do anything to help them. There is no mention that CN is no longer a crown corporation either. That at least would have made more sense...?

Andrew

abutt

That's show business, Andrew. Even though CN can't really help them, any blockage of trains is bound to make headlines, as did the original article.

You guys are just going to have to be able to open the windows. The rental of lever-action Winchesters should be a thriving business. Wow! Back to the wild west!:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
We had one tribe close down a major road to the east of town that they said was halfway on their property back in the late 70's. Well, they blocked "their" half and the county blocked the other. They not only agreed to a settlment of I think $300,000 after several months, but they also agreed to put the new section of freeway entirely on their property eliminating the need to demo a couple of hundred homes.:thumb::thumb:

See, so there are peaceful ways of achieving a win-win situation. I just wish our forefathers were that agreeable and willing to negotiate.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
abutt said:
That's show business, Andrew. Even though CN can't really help them, any blockage of trains is bound to make headlines, as did the original article.

You guys are just going to have to be able to open the windows. The rental of lever-action Winchesters should be a thriving business. Wow! Back to the wild west!:D
sign1 That's not very nice :) They have freedom of spreech there too!!!

This is just akin to the traffic blockages in The US in May, of the immigrants..... To which our Gov. replied.. It's interesting that they are here in the U.S., "Enjoying" one of the the benifits of the US Constitution - Freedom Of Speech.....

It's all to gain support for their cause... All to make the news.... Sad think is that - The news reports all the murders, fires, car accidents then - when you are tired of listening.... they get to this type of story... :( :( :(

Quote: Read the back of the paper first, that shows people's accomplishments - not their failures.. ~~ Unknown