CN & BC Rail

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
As we know CN bought out BC Rail a short time ago, I was wondering when we are going to start to see BC Rail equipment on CN lines, well was working last night and at 3:00am a CN coal train came through with a CN loco on the lead and BC Rail 4613 right behind it.. Will have to keep an eye out during day time to get some pics..Ron..

cpr_boy

Jul 18, 2004
Edmonton, AB. CA
I've seen a few BC rail engines around the yards in Edmonton. I have a few pictures but no scanner :(

Btw, I was travelling along the Yellowhead yesterday evening and saw a BNSF engine (AC4400 or Dash 9) coupled to 2 CN engines hauling an intermodel. What a beauty! I had a camera, but the battery died. Boy, I sure was mad. :mad:

Bnsftrainnut

Oct 16, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Around Vancouver its been quite intresting in regards to the BCrail power that has been floating around town. This afternoon there were 3 units siting in frount of IKEA on King Eddy street ( 2 Dash 8's and one sd20-2 ) and of course no camera, and about 2 or 3 weeks ago i heard on the scanner that BCOL 758 ( sd 40-2 ) called for the fraser river bridge. 758 was the only unit on the south bound train in to Thorton yards.

Dennis

Dawg

Jan 2, 2005
:( , sadly, I will never again see a Prototype unless I move. PEI has not had a train running for a long time now.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
BTW, update - I see BCR locos quite frequently now through the CN mainline here in Edmonton. Usually once every couple of days (my commute home takes me along Walker Yard, and the parking lot for my office is right on the mainline).