cMags' Builds of All Genres

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cmags, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cmags

cmags Guest

I just wanted to put together a central thread where I can post pictures of my builds (especially those I don't make full build threads for), and links to those build threads I do make. Mostly because my signature is getting full. sign1 Models posted today won't necessarily be in chronological order by build, but I'll add models as I build from here on.

I'll start off with the first few models I built upon re-discovering this hobby (taken from my Introduction thread) - these are all thumbnails - click for full size:

My shelf is getting full:
    [​IMG]

Star Trek models hanging on display:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Optimus Prime (yes he transforms):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Farside rocket that I made in high school (Caption says "It's time we face reality, my friends... We're not exactly rocket scientists"):
    [​IMG]

Fiddler's Green UH-1 Huey:
    [​IMG]

Subaru Impreza (this was my first attempt at getting back into the hobby):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Flying Pig Zen "One hand clapping" automata:
    [​IMG]

Delta 7 Christmas models:
    [​IMG]
  2. cmags

cmags Guest

3. cmags

cmags Guest

4. cmags

cmags Guest

Canon's Chinese Dragon

My wife really likes dragons so I built this for her. It came out nice enough to display down in our living room on the entertainment center (the rest of my models are confined to my office lol).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. cmags

cmags Guest

Olli's B-17 and P-51 Diorama

[​IMG]
  6. cmags

cmags Guest

Battlestar Galactica and MK 2 Viper

Both Jaybats' models - I used some parts from Paragon's Viper mod (no lines and engine mods), and added depth to the side strakes. I also modded the Galactica graphics slightly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. cmags

cmags Guest

8. bf109

bf109 Member

nice builds cmags , hope i can get your level of building models 1 day.
    i'm sticking with shutlles and other small projects for now but 1 day i'll have to do a ncc 1701 and a battlestar (yes me noobsign1)
  9. cmags

cmags Guest

I recommend pushing yourself - its how you get better. I only just started this hobby again back in November. Take your time and look at other build threads - you'll pick up ideas and add them to your style.

Believe it or not, the 1701 and 1701-A that I have posted here were actually a lot easier than the type-9 shuttle I'm building now. Jay's BSG was tricky in some spots but only because I scaled her down to half-size (1:10000 where as Jay's original was closer to 1:5000). Now the 1.5' and 3' models that Nothing designed - those are crazy. sign1
  10. cmags

cmags Guest

Scale Cubes!

I only had built a "scale cube" matchbook from papermodelers.com but decided to build a proper cube. Looked around and didn't find a Zealot one so I made it. There was extra space on the page so I added a square and a stick too.

It's available for download here:
    http://www.zealot.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=842

[​IMG]
  11. bf109

bf109 Member

i think something is wrong cmags check this out:
    bf109, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  12. cmags

cmags Guest

Yea, that's because the upload is still in the moderation queue. Give cgutzmer a few days to get to approving it, and it'll be available.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Approved! It never hurts to let me know via pm you need it done ;)

You have some really good work there! Who did the repaint of the goose? If you did it I would suggest getting in touch with Chip to see if he wants to sell it!

I especially like the Huey build, not enough helicopter builds out there.
    Thanks!
    Chris
  14. cmags

cmags Guest

I did the repaint, but the actual Hemisphere Dancer is a Grumman Albatross so its quite inaccurate. I figured because of that I probably shouldn't submit it.
  15. bf109

bf109 Member

16. cmags

cmags Guest

17. cmags

cmags Guest

Thanks! The Huey was one of the freebies from FG I picked up when signing up. I wanted to evaluate the build as a possible body for my RC heli. I think when I get her flying properly again (needs a bit of work to combat a nasty shimmy) I'll modify the big one to fit as two pieces around the RC heli guts. That one I built there is the "small" version, with a 13" rotor span! sign1

I also want to purchase a copy of der Kampfflieger's 1/72 OH-6A Cayuse at some point since I really like that heli (one of my favorites in my RC training sim) and it looks so easy to build. Maybe someday I'll tackle Clever's version in Police paint, w/ interior, too. So many great models to build... so little time... :mrgreen:
  18. zealousy

zealousy Member

Just so you know, your fan base went up by one! :)
  19. cmags

cmags Guest

Sweet - that brings the total to... one! sign1 J/K guys, I really appreciate all the praise, comments, and constructive criticism.
  20. cmags

cmags Guest