CM&S/OVT&L in B&W

Last month I converted several of my photos of the Central Missouri & Southern and the Osage Valley to duotone black & white. Here are a couple of them.

A Porter pulling a short train of disconnects and logs across Millers Creek.

Attachments

• porterdisconnects4wbw2.jpg
    porterdisconnects4wbw2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 110
Thanks, guys.

Here's one of the OVT&L's water tank at Huckleberry Ridge

200434113741_WaterTank21w.jpg

Thanks, Ralph.

I converted quite a few photos over several weeks from color (RGB) to "duotone." It was interesting because they each took on that "historical" feel or appearance with the change. As a result, my perception of each changed also.

Drew ("Charlie") has done the same thing from time to time with interesting results. I think he tries to make his look like "old time" snapshots that have faded over the years.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Excellent craftsmanship Mike, and the photos are also great, I love to see B/W photos, your stonework is very similar to mine on the Blacksmiths shop. Was it hand carved also.
Shamus

Thanks, guys.

Believe it or not, the stonework on the machine shop is a Sierra West resin casting. It's one of the few stone wall pieces on my layout that I didn't carve from plaster. Painting it to look like stone wasn't too difficult, but it did take a couple of days (allowing for drying time between coats), so it actually took about the same amount of time as carving one of my own.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
That Casey has us all fooled.

C'mon now Mike, taking prototype phots and trying to say they are your layout. :D

Seriously, they look great. You and Shamus do such great work, you are both artists in a class by yourself. (no, not the special class :D ) An artistic class by yourself.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Mike those are great looking photo's, but isn't that first shot a Bachmann On30 Porter with some of Walt's really neat On30 disconnects running around on your HO layout? :)

Yep, it is, Tyson. This was one of the test shots I took for Walt's kit labels when he started selling his disconnects. In this photo this size difference (O on HO track) isn't so noticeable. But when I put the train next to some of my HO structures...:eek: :eek: :D