Clyde Beatty Circus Train

zoomiev

Aug 25, 2005
Sebring, Florida
Help, I am intrested in modeling a a 1940's Clyde Beatty circus train. I need help locating reference photos. Also suppliers of cars and equipment related to circus. Any good sites for circus stuff????

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
I found these in what appered to be a junk yard in upper New York.
Hope they help!

Attachments

• CIRCUS_COACH-1.jpg
    CIRCUS_COACH-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 67
  • CIRCUS_COACH-2.jpg
    CIRCUS_COACH-2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 70
  • CIRCUS_COACH-3.jpg
    CIRCUS_COACH-3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 64

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
I have some wagon kits my dad bought back in the 1960's. I also have a marching band and about a dozen animals. I have been on the look-out for more stuff but it is hard to come by out of date kits.

Best circus scene I ever saw is in Victoria B.C. at Miniature World in the basement of The Empress Hotel. Everything moves. The acts, the rides and more. Way cool!

TrainClown ;)

Jac's Lines

Jan 28, 2005
Rochester, NY
The website for the model train exhibit at the Ringling Circus Museum in Sarasota, FL is:

http://www.ringling.org/circus_museum.asp

I visited this museum earlier this year. They have a massive 3/4" scale circus train model that has taken Howard Tibbals the better part of 40 years to put together. It's full of detailed circus scenes, a big top, and a scratch built train. I spent more than an hour just browsing the model alone. Simply an amazing layout and modelling achievement and well worth a visit if anyone is ever in the area.