Clyde Beatty Circus Train

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by zoomiev, Mar 29, 2006.

1. zoomiev

zoomiev New Member

Help, I am intrested in modeling a a 1940's Clyde Beatty circus train. I need help locating reference photos. Also suppliers of cars and equipment related to circus. Any good sites for circus stuff????
  2. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

there is a circus museum in Wisconsin and one in Florida that have web sites and another good one would be to find a copy of The Greatest Show On Earth.
  3. Goattee

Goattee Member

I found these in what appered to be a junk yard in upper New York.
    Hope they help!

Attached Files:

4. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I have some wagon kits my dad bought back in the 1960's. I also have a marching band and about a dozen animals. I have been on the look-out for more stuff but it is hard to come by out of date kits.

Best circus scene I ever saw is in Victoria B.C. at Miniature World in the basement of The Empress Hotel. Everything moves. The acts, the rides and more. Way cool!

TrainClown ;)

5. zoomiev

zoomiev New Member

Thanks for the leads and the great pictures.
  6. Jac's Lines

Jac's Lines Member

The website for the model train exhibit at the Ringling Circus Museum in Sarasota, FL is:

http://www.ringling.org/circus_museum.asp

I visited this museum earlier this year. They have a massive 3/4" scale circus train model that has taken Howard Tibbals the better part of 40 years to put together. It's full of detailed circus scenes, a big top, and a scratch built train. I spent more than an hour just browsing the model alone. Simply an amazing layout and modelling achievement and well worth a visit if anyone is ever in the area.